Jason Scheier: "Starfield 83 Metacritic Score was only possible because of Xbox outlets"

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
This is what happened when MS held back review codes to major outlets in favor of their fanboy sites first.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I'm no Nintendo fan, haven't really been for about 30 years now, but their games seem to have legs (at least the big ones). Those who love them really do and they play them until their thumbs bleed for some kind of reason.

Sony games are the same, but for a different set of people.

Xbox games are not the same, they're no fun for anyone, at least not these days. All they are good at is adding to list wars and feeding the shills, paid or not.
nintendo games get a lot of free passes because nostalgia,yes they are good games,but when other games are being punished for no pushing the envelope or be a sequel nintengo got a pat in the back

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I don't know if this is right or wrong of me, but this is generally a perception I have about Ntidno fans; I generally think of them as very young or as kids; in a strange way, that's probably why I dismiss their behaviour.
From a 2014 report on eshop demographics for Wii U:
  • 0-12 – 1%
  • 13-17 – 5%
  • 18-24 – 33%
  • 25-34 – 46%
  • 35+ – 14%
  • M/F – 93/7
Obviously due to low Wii U sales these people are the core of Nintendo fans, the Switch demographics will be different due to larger base and more popular with all ages. But still, look at that. 6% of the users are kids, 2/3 are >25.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
From a 2014 report on eshop demographics for Wii U:
  • 0-12 – 1%
  • 13-17 – 5%
  • 18-24 – 33%
  • 25-34 – 46%
  • 35+ – 14%
  • M/F – 93/7
Obviously due to low Wii U sales these people are the core of Nintendo fans, the Switch demographics will be different due to larger base and more popular with all ages. But still, lookbat that. 6% of the users are kids, 2/3 are >25.
Interesting and very surprising results.

cheers for that

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Please refrain from putting blanket statements and attacking a certain group of fans.
Interesting and very surprising results.

cheers for that
It’s just that the mental and emotional age of most Nintendo fanboys is around the 3-to-5 years range.

As bad as Xbots are, the infantile and blinkered Nintendolts are extremely annoying and idiotic. The hype that STILL surrounds Breath of the Wild for example is just idiotic by now. That game did precisely NOTHING new or original.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
nintendo games get a lot of free passes because nostalgia,yes they are good games,but when other games are being punished for no pushing the envelope or be a sequel nintengo got a pat in the back
Not pushing the envelope in graphics tech sure, but TotK is more ambitious in sheer player creativity than just about anything else released this year. I haven't played BG3 yet, but they both scored right at the same level, and for very similar reasons (player choice!). The stuff you can do in ToTK is amazing, and it was extremely polished. So yeah, Nintendo pushes it where it counts. When it wants to anyway.

TotK remains the only game ever, where I've overheard people talking about how they approached different parts of it, or solved different problems out in the general public. It's the only game where I've had co-workers, both men and women openly tell me they are playing it and how much they love it (without knowing I even play the stuff). The game is a hit for a reason. Trying to pass it off as some kind of nostalgia trip is simply not accurate. As much as trying to pass off FF16 as a nostalgia play. Also, not accurate.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not pushing the envelope in graphics tech sure, but TotK is more ambitious in sheer player creativity than just about anything else released this year. I haven't played BG3 yet, but they both scored right at the same level, and for very similar reasons (player choice!). The stuff you can do in ToTK is amazing, and it was extremely polished. So yeah, Nintendo pushes it where it counts. When it wants to anyway.

TotK remains the only game ever, where I've overheard people talking about how they approached different parts of it, or solved different problems out in the general public. It's the only game where I've had co-workers, both men and women openly tell me they are playing it and how much they love it (without knowing I even play the stuff). The game is a hit for a reason. Trying to pass it off as some kind of nostalgia trip is simply not accurate. As much as trying to pass off FF16 as a nostalgia play. Also, not accurate.
Just because a lot of Nintenyearolds had never seen what BotW did before they played it doesn’t mean it wasn’t done before, and better in some aspects.

The game doesn’t deserve the hype.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Maybe in part, but Nintendo has published nothing as bad as Starfield, Redfall or Halo:Infinite only to hype them as genre and generation defining games all by themselves.

The Nintendo games have a legit audience, like some types of movies or TV shows (Anime is not liked by everyone, yet we should all be able to recognise that some of it is amazing in its own way, same for rom com or sci-fi in general).

This goes beyond the actual crowd, people should be able to recognise mastery of a craft even when it does not fit their personal tastes. Their games work, often offer simple hooks and responsive controls and appealing graphics (even if they are simple).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
DBJX89e.jpg

Guaranteed 100% unbiased
full.png
XGN has nothing to do to with Xbox.

XGN is a Dutch site with news and articles about computer games, films, television and technology. XGN is largely a news site, but also publishes other articles, including reviews, reports and interviews.

In 2005, Hugo Welkers and Rob Ottens founded the gaming website 360nieuws.nl. In 2006, the sites 360nieuws.nl, PS3nieuws.nl and Wiinieuws.nl were merged under one roof, which was named XGN.

XGN is the name they choose after merge the console specific sites for Xbox360, PS3 and Wii.
I have no ideia why people are using it as being a Xbox site 🤷‍♂️

It is a pretty good site btw... today they focus in console games (all platforms except PC) and movie subscription platforms (Netflix, HBO, Disney, etc).

Last edited: