Jason Schreier "Horizon Online Next for Guerilla, Horizon 3 'Ways off', Sony's Live Service Initiative was no joke"

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
The only thing Horizon is known for is being Zelda's and Elden Ring's bitch. Should have wrapped it up ASAP with a third game but no we need to prolong this shit with more irrelevant side games.

Reactions: Diah

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The Rocksteady comparison was terrible. We know Horizon 3 is coming around 2028. Also what this idiot doesn’t understand is that, Guerilla has thought about incorporating multiplayer in Horizon since the first game. I don’t think Sony told them to do this.
It was the best natural progression for the franchise. It's coming later than it should imo, but they just need to get it right and they'll have a hit.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Im second guessing this gaas game will cost another hundred million like concord did and risk studio closure if it flops but hopefully im wrong i just want them to move on or skip this to the next horizon games

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Imagine thinking you can do a similar or better job than an IP and dev that refined their formula for over 2 decades 🤭 . But then again guerrilla and sony are delusional enough to think they can do that, This shit is going to be another wild hearts and another 300-400 million flop

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Im second guessing this gaas game will cost another hundred million like concord did and risk studio closure if it flops but hopefully im wrong i just want them to move on or skip this to the next horizon games
Not a chance Sony closes Guerilla if this flops. Both Horizon games sold a combined 32M, and they have the best engine in the industry. If this flips, my guess is that Sony will tell them to stick to SP games.

Reactions: Airbus

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

I don’t like much of the gaas PS has green lighted but out of all them a Free to play Horizon monster Hunter could be if not as big as monster hunter bigger because of the art style, universe & if it’s free. But who knows if somehow Guerilla game fuck up a horizon multiplayer it will be just another blunder in Herman’s leadership

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The Rocksteady comparison was terrible. We know Horizon 3 is coming around 2028. Also what this idiot doesn’t understand is that, Guerilla has thought about incorporating multiplayer in Horizon since the first game. I don’t think Sony told them to do this.
Even if Sony didn’t tell Guerilla to make a horizon online the horizon ip itself is ripe for a multiplayer game that could be huge if done well. Horizon is more universal & family friendly then almost any other PS ip that has the biggest potential in multiplayer outside GT7 & MLB

If Horizon online is essentially a monster hunter game but w a faster movement/gameplay + interesting ability + a easier art style to consume for a younger audience + raids & a hub world/better social component like destiny it could be really fun to play. Monster Hunter isn’t for everyone & the gameplay & gameloop can be hard for people to get into.

Reactions: Petekilla

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I don’t like much of the gaas PS has green lighted but out of all them a Free to play Horizon monster Hunter could be if not as big as monster hunter bigger because of the art style, universe & if it’s free. But who knows if somehow Guerilla game fuck up a horizon multiplayer it will be just another blunder in Herman’s leadership
I doubt they’ll make it f2p. They’ll probably charge $40.