Jeff Grubb: A State of Play is scheduled for September

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Jeff Grubb states a PlayStation State of Play, not a Showcase is coming by the end of September:

Last I heard, this thing [PS5 Pro] is still coming out this year, and then more recently what I've heard is there is probably going to be a State of Play, a Sony Playstation State of Play, not a Showcase, at the end, by the end of September. Let's do this one again, god that was fun last time

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
From announcing games too early to not giving gamers anything in advance anymore. What a shitshow.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
Are they gonna announce any 1st party games for 2025 yet? If so, that and the PS5 Pro reveal can make a good showcase already. An sop feels so underwhelming at this point.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
From announcing games too early to not giving gamers anything in advance anymore. What a shitshow.
Nah seriously dude. They only let us know what's up for the current quarter.

It's been 4 years since ND released a game
4 years Sucker Punch
6 years Bend Studio
4 years media molecule
4 years Bluepoint
3 years Housemarque.

At a certain point you just gotta drop a teaser or something, some developers can fall to irrelevancy in that duration... especially if their not coming off anything hot previously. They have a lot of studios due for an announcement but time and time again have nothing to say.

Last edited:

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Fuck the 60 million people that already own a PS5, first we need to announce this new PS5 model that won't even sell 10 million before we can show some new games
At least this stupid cope is finally over

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Fuck the 60 million people that already own a PS5, first we need to announce this new PS5 model that won't even sell 10 million before we can show some new games
At least this stupid cope is finally over
what cope?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, every year Sony has a pre-TGS State of Play.

sony fucking shit themself this gen
Sony broke most of their records this generation: revenue, profit, active userbase and a ton of other metrics, like breaking 4 times the launch sales record of a Sony game.

They are basically better than ever and in a multi year growth trend in basically all areas.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I hope its not 599 or something outrageous. 499 seems like a good price IMO.

Reactions: voke

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's been 4 years since ND released a game
4 years Sucker Punch
6 years Bend Studio
4 years media molecule
4 years Bluepoint
3 years Housemarque.
2 in case of Bluepoint and 5 in case of Bend (who after it worked in the cancelled TLOU Online), plus most of these teams also released DLC/updates, remakes, remasters or ports and other stuff since then.

And AAA games nowadays take 5-9 years to be made so it's normal for them to don't have shown their upcoming games specially considering that in recent times Sony announces their games relatively close to release.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Are they gonna announce any 1st party games for 2025 yet?
They already announced some of their 2025 games, which I assume may show at least some of them there. I think they might announce there one or two more, which I think could be Horizon Online or Cory's new IP (which could be Interestellar: The Heretic Prophet).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
2 in case of Bluepoint and 5 in case of Bend (who after it worked in the cancelled TLOU Online), plus most of these teams also released DLC/updates, remakes, remasters or ports and other stuff since then.

And AAA games nowadays take 5-9 years to be made so it's normal for them to don't have shown their upcoming games specially considering that in recent times Sony announces their games relatively close to release.
This is madness to me lol.

Reactions: Systemshock2023