Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month. |UP| billbil-kun also alludes to it being this month.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You guys are just sounding sad and pathetic now
Man.. you made up your mind from some definition that never existed and call others pathetic.
I always referenced to State of Play as a showcase because there is no difference… I mean it is the way Sony do showcase with the COVID period and continued after.

I mean... Sony...

image-2024-05-29-195534821.png

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Man.. you made up your mind from some definition that never existed and call others pathetic.
I always referenced to State of Play as a showcase because there is no difference… I mean it is the way Sony do showcase with the COVID period and continued after.

I mean... Sony...

image-2024-05-29-195534821.png
bro take your L and run along

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I would be mad at PlayStation regardless or rumors (which I never cared for), for absolutely no reason we went from great E3 events to sad State of Play and even slower pace than we used to get events in the past.

I can't wait to play the next ND game in 2029.
Sure there is. If anything, I'm glad studios aren't being pressured to rush out their games and/or forced to have something ready for an arbitrary stage show anymore that sometimes requires tricks and fakery to make look better. Let 'em cook as long as they need and drop a great experience.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Eurogamer's article.

Sony has announced its next State of Play showcase.

After being rumoured and speculated about for some time, the Playstation maker has finally confirmed that yes, we will be getting a showcase event in May.

It all kicks off tomorrow, 30th May, at 11pm UK time. That's 3pm PT / 6pm ET for those across the pond.

I have no ideia how can anybody not understand that State of Play is a Showcase... it is the name Sony gives to PlayStation's showcase.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sure there is. If anything, I'm glad studios aren't being pressured to rush out their games and/or forced to have something ready for an arbitrary stage show anymore that sometimes requires tricks and fakery to make look better. Let 'em cook as long as they need and drop a great experience.
Your assumption that delays means the games are going to be great when they are released years from now is completely misguided. If anything long development cycles just increase the odds of them being outdated by the time they are released.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Your assumption that delays means the games are going to be great when they are released years from now is completely misguided. If anything long development cycles just increase the odds of them being outdated by the time they are released.
Your insistence that there HAVE to be these large-scale stage shows is completely ridiculous and does nothing to help development cycles.

Letting them show their work when they're ready to doesn't do anything but add an extra workload and extra milestone onto their schedule. They have internal milestones that need to be met. The company still keeps things on track. All I'm advocating is that they not be pressured to have some big vertical slice or trailer ready by some pre-specified date and allow them to show it off when they're ready to. 🤷‍♂️

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Your insistence that there HAVE to be these large-scale stage shows is completely ridiculous and does nothing to help development cycles.

Letting them show their work when they're ready to doesn't do anything but add an extra workload and extra milestone onto their schedule. They have internal milestones that need to be met. The company still keeps things on track. All I'm advocating is that they not be pressured to have some big vertical slice or trailer ready by some pre-specified date and allow them to show it off when they're ready to. 🤷‍♂️
There aren't large scale show because there aren't games to be shown, is simple as that. There is not a shorter windows of announcement and release for AAA games, that is just come.

Their priority are clearly making GaaS, canceling games, shutting down studios and porting games to PC.

Reactions: J_Paganel

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You know that A or The Showcase and To showcase is two different words.

For example, just now, You showcased that you are stupid..
Beggs the question, did we do a showcase for it?

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/05/29/state-of-play-returns-this-thursday/ nowhere in here they use word A showcase.
That is dumb.

It is clearly a showcase no matter what you have on your head.

Everybody (including Sony) talks about it as a showcase. Maybe you guys have no ideia what showcase is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That is dumb.

It is clearly a showcase no matter what you have on your head.

Everybody (including Sony) talks about it as a showcase. Maybe you guys have no ideia what showcase is.
That is not dumb, you are dumb by writing this crap, can't grasp the distinction between 2 things.
Go, use google, maybe you learn thing or two.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is not dumb, you are dumb by writing this crap, can't grasp the distinction between 2 things.
Go, use google, maybe you learn thing or two.
There is no distinction because State of Play is a showcase.

Sony name their showcases and some are called State of Play, others PlayStation Meeting, etc.

All are showcases.
Showcase is a event you show cases… aka games.
It can be one game, five games, ten games… it is all a showcase.

You can Google whatever you want.

I posted Eurogamer before… this time the Verge.

“Sony’s showcase is expected to be densely packed, lasting 30 minutes but featuring 14 titles.”

See?

I have no ideia when this made up myth come saying State of Play is not a showcase lol

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@Gediminas

I just looked at the 1st State of Play description from Sony on YouTube.

“State of Play will give you updates and announcements from the world of PlayStation. Our first episode will showcase upcoming PS4 and PS VR software, including new trailers, new game announcements and new gameplay footage.”

They always described it as a showcase because it is a showcase.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
To everybody thinking it is not a showcase read the headline of Sony announcement …

State of Play New Video SHOWCASE Debuts on Monday.

I have no ideia where people made up shit about not being a showcase.
Is it because the hate for the Grubb? I hate Grubb but I don’t make up thinks just to not accept he was right.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We really in here arguing semantics huh. Grubb was right and we can move tf on. 😂

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@ethomaz I don't really have a horse in this race, but you're missing something very important which is context.

The State of Play is a showcase for games. The show is called State of Play, and it showcases games
The Playstation Showcase is also a showcase for games, however the Show's name differs

I don't care if Jeff was right or wrong, I just wanted to highlight that the word "showcase" simply means "an event to show" in this context, and it can be interchangeable with the actual show name.

This better be fake 🤔

This is likely real.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yall arguing about the showcase term.... their have been sops better than last years showcase IMO (DD2 was a hype announcement tho)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024

This better be fake 🤔

astrobot, mh wilds and concord would make a nice SoP to me, but its kinda silly to have the gow port in there, makes much more sense to be on geoffs show since the pc public will most likely watch his event instead of the SoP