Jez Corden and Resetera peddle Capcom MT framework conspiracy theory

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Capcom software shipments from (2013-2020) to (2021-2023)

n4c1Zb0.png
TSgMGhW.png

1.png

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
Yeah that is always the overlooked part of Steam sales numbers. Average price sold, how many were bought for like $5 there or from another site, a part of a humble bundle etc.
This.

CD Projekt Red, who have always been PC focused, said themselves that The Witcher 3 wouldn't have been possible without console.

Hell, iirc the PS4 version of the game accounted for like 40% of total sales in the first two years. PC only overtook it when the heavy discounts started.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not only makes sense, it's the reality proven by the facts I posted in the list you seem to refuse to read.

Jez said it uses MT Framework, which may or may not be true. He may be wrong like you, ignoring that all the many new games, remakes and compilations developed by Capcom released after Capcom Fighting Collection (released mid 2022, it was the last MT Framework new release) use RE Engine, and that there are RE Engine titles that also skipped Xbox. And that obviously nothing stops them using MT Framework for new stuff and release it for Xbox if they want to do so in case that for some reason they don't want to use its successor RE Engine.

The only exceptions of recent MT Framework releases are the ports of the recent MH Stories PS4 ports, because they already were MT Framework and would be nonsensical to change the engine for a port.

So it's more logical to think that they did use RE Engine for this collection, unless they already had it ready years ago but had to wait for some reason, as could be licensing issues, some free roadmap/marketing spot or something like that.

Of course they did stop using MT Framework, you'd know it if you'd read the list I posted. Since Capcom Fighting Collection, other than the MH Stories ports, everything they released, including several collections and emulated games, are RE Engine titles.

According to what? Is there any decent source that isn't parroting Jez's tweet that says so?
It is crazy how off you are lol

The last game in MT Framework is releasing soon and it is called Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics.

You wrote a big wall text based in false info doesn’t make it a fact lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I know I'm dumb but PC is just 3% of total sales?

That can't be right, unless this is physical
The per platform data in this case 3% for PC are phisical copies. Digital copies of all platforms are reported merged as "full game downloads".

According to Capcom, in recent years PC generated around half of Capcom's game revenue and recently went a bit above it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It is crazy how off you are lol

The last game in MT Framework is releasing soon and it is called Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics.

You wrote a big wall text based in false info doesn’t make it a fact lol
The people who knows to read and aren't gaming flatearthers know the info I posted, which can be easily double checked, is true.

RE Engine is the MT Framework successor, all collections, remasters and new games developed by Capcom released since two years ago use RE Engine, with the MH Stories recent ports as exception. Sony signed a SF deal for the previous generation, for RE Village and other RE stuff this generation and with Marvel for X-Men series and characters until 2035. And as of no Capcom source said that the Marvel collection uses MT Framework, only Jez said it.

The same one who made out Capcom can't release MT Framework games due to supposed tech issues -which don't exist- on Xbox. There are RE Engine titles that skipped Xbox, and other old MT Frameworks games also skipped Xbox.

These are all facts, you not liking the reality doesn't mean they aren't true.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The people who knows to read and aren't gaming flatearthers know the info I posted, which can be easily double checked, is true.

RE Engine is the MT Framework successor, all collections, remasters and new games developed by Capcom released since two years ago use RE Engine, with the MH Stories recent ports as exception. Sony signed a SF deal for the previous generation, for RE Village and other RE stuff this generation and with Marvel for X-Men series and characters until 2035. And as of no Capcom source said that the Marvel collection uses MT Framework, only Jez said it.

The same one who made out Capcom can't release MT Framework games due to supposed tech issues -which don't exist- on Xbox. There are RE Engine titles that skipped Xbox, and other old MT Frameworks games also skipped Xbox.

These are all facts, you not liking the reality doesn't mean they aren't true.
It doesn't matter what you say here about RE Engine.

Facts.
  • Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection is using MT Framework.
  • MT Framework games where released on Xbox.
  • Capcom is using MT Framework in 2024.
You made a wall of text saying that Capcom stopped to use MT Framework when they are still releasing this year a game using MT Framework.

See how you can't even understand your "facts" are debunked even before they become "facts".
It doesn't make any sense at all to say Capcom stopped to use MT Framework when they are releasing them in the future 🤷‍♂️

You just making "facts" based in a false information.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Facts.
  • Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection is using MT Framework.
This is just part of Jez's personal guess, which included other things that are proved wrong (he made up non-existant tech issues supposedly preventing Xbox versions).

As of now we don't have factual data proving that this collection uses any specific engine.

There's only Jez's tweet about his personal guess and people parroting him.

• MT Framework games where released on Xbox.
  • Capcom is using MT Framework in 2024.
You made a wall of text saying that Capcom stopped to use MT Framework when they are still releasing this year a game using MT Framework.
Learn to read, I always said multiple times that many MT Frameworks were released on Xbox and that they released the MH Stories ports (MT Framework) in 2024.

But I also said that other than the MH Stories ports anything else they released developed internally at Capcom since mid 2022 is RE Engine.

See how you can't even understand your "facts" are debunked even before they become "facts".
It doesn't make any sense at all to say Capcom stopped to use MT Framework when they are releasing them in the future 🤷‍♂️

You just making "facts" based in a false information.
These facts I posted continue being facts, nobody debunked them.

You just reject reality and don't want to accept it becasuse you don't like it. That's all.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This is just part of Jez's personal guess, which included other things that are proved wrong (he made up non-existant tech issues supposedly preventing Xbox versions).

As of now we don't have factual data proving that this collection uses any specific engine.

There's only Jez's tweet about his personal guess and people parroting him.

Learn to read, I always said multiple times that many MT Frameworks were released on Xbox and that they released the MH Stories ports (MT Framework) in 2024.

But I also said that other than the MH Stories ports anything else they released developed internally at Capcom since mid 2022 is RE Engine.

These facts I posted continue being facts, nobody debunked them.

You just reject reality and don't want to accept it becasuse you don't like it. That's all.
"Facts" made up in your mind...

Let's see if when Marvel vc Capcom Fighting Collection releases you come back to fix your "facts".
Because Capcom is still fully using MT Framework in 2024.

Weird lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
"Facts" made up in your mind...

Let's see if when Marvel vc Capcom Fighting Collection releases you come back to fix your "facts".
Because Capcom is still fully using MT Framework in 2024.

Weird lol
Learn to read, nothing in the release will prove me wrong.

Jez is the one who claims it uses a specific engine, not me. So the release will prove his guess right or wrong, not me.

I say we don't know which engine uses because Capcom didn't announce it, and that the lack of Xbox version isn't an indication of using MT Framework because Capcom released many MT Framework in Xbox, and also skipped the Xbox version in many releases they had using other engines, including some that use the MT Framework successor RE Engine.

The facts I posted will continue being facts because they are all confirmed things of the past that can be double checked and won't change so will remain true: titles already released using this or that game engine and released or not on Xbox, publicly known Sony deals made with Capcom for SE and RE or with Marvel for X-Men, or MT Framework getting the most recent new title release 2 years ago (recent MH Stories releases are late ports of old MT Framework games) while since then all the internally developed new releases use RE Engine.

Facts that you can like it or not, but are facts, aren't debunked and it's dumb and laughable to said I made them up when can be easily double checked that they are true. It only makes you look silly.

It's obvious that a different thing is my personal guess of if it will use MT Framework or not, or if Sony signed a deal with companies like SNK or ARC in the past, or if Capcom signed something specific for this compilation. These are obviously just my personal guesses, not factual data. And like with the personal guess of anyone else I can be right or wrong.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Learn to read, nothing in the release will prove me wrong.

Jez is the one who claims it uses a specific engine, not me. So the release will prove his guess right or wrong, not me.

I say we don't know which engine uses because Capcom didn't announce it, and that the lack of Xbox version isn't an indication of using MT Framework because Capcom released many MT Framework in Xbox, and also skipped the Xbox version in many releases they had using other engines, including some that use the MT Framework successor RE Engine.

The facts I posted will continue being facts because they are all confirmed things of the past that can be double checked and won't change so will remain true: titles already released using this or that game engine and released or not on Xbox, publicly known Sony deals made with Capcom for SE and RE or with Marvel for X-Men, or MT Framework getting the most recent new title release 2 years ago (recent MH Stories releases are late ports of old MT Framework games) while since then all the internally developed new releases use RE Engine.

Facts that you can like it or not, but are facts, aren't debunked and it's dumb and laughable to said I made them up when can be easily double checked that they are true. It only makes you look silly.

It's obvious that a different thing is my personal guess of if it will use MT Framework or not, or if Sony signed a deal with companies like SNK or ARC in the past, or if Capcom signed something specific for this compilation. These are obviously just my personal guesses, not factual data. And like with the personal guess of anyone else I can be right or wrong.
So Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection being made in MT Framework won't prove everything you said wrong?

😂 😂 😂

I mean your "fact" says Capcom is not using MT Framework anymore... but in reality Capcom launches a new game with MT Framework.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection being made in MT Framework won't prove everything you said wrong?

😂 😂 😂

I mean your "fact" says Capcom is not using MT Framework anymore... but in reality Capcom launches a new game with MT Framework.
No, it wouldn't prove me wrong because I never said it doesn't use MT Framework.

The games that Capcom released will continue having the same engine I said and will continue to be released in the platforms they were released that I said. And the deals that I said we know Sony had will continue there.

I also said -as personal guess- that that it's more likely that it will use RE Engine because the facts say that the new internally developed Capcom titles since two years ago used RE Engine, the MT Framework succesor, that we know Capcom signed deals with Sony for other series in the past (so may -or may not- have another deal with Capcom for this game) and that Sony also has the X-Men deal with Marvel which may (or may not) affect it.

You instead say this collection uses MT Framework having as the only source Jez's personal guess as if it would be a fact, when it's only your personal guess. Which is just his personal opnion/guess, it isn't factual data that evidences anything.

Personal guesses can be right or wrong, facts instead remain as facts. At least until other facts provide extra info or context.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, it wouldn't prove me wrong because I never said it doesn't use MT Framework.

The games that Capcom released will continue having the same engine I said and will continue to be released in the platforms they were released that I said. And the deals that I said we know Sony had will continue there.

I also said -as personal guess- that that it's more likely that it will use RE Engine because the facts say that the new internally developed Capcom titles since two years ago used RE Engine, the MT Framework succesor, that we know Capcom signed deals with Sony for other series in the past (so may -or may not- have another deal with Capcom for this game) and that Sony also has the X-Men deal with Marvel which may (or may not) affect it.

You instead say this collection uses MT Framework having as the only source Jez's personal guess. Which is just his personal opnion, it isn't factual data that evidences anything.
Your "facts" is based in Capcom doesn't use MT Framework anymore lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Your "facts" is based in Capcom doesn't use MT Framework anymore lol
Facts are aren't something mine, they are evidences of the reality, stuff proved to be true. As in this case, the factual data we have confirmed says:

Releases of new internally developed games, emulated compilations/remasters since July 2022 until the end of 2024 and beyond:
  • RE Engine: 11, all the internally developed ones they released in that period (Capcom Arcade Stadium 2nd, RE4 remake, Street Fighter 6, Ghost Trick remaster, Exoprimal, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Dragon's Dogma 2, Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, Ace Attorney Investigations Collection, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, Pragmata)
  • Neobard's own stuff, not Capcom internal engines: 2, Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 & 2
  • MT Framework: 0, ZERO, nada

Late ports of these or older titles released on that period plus meaningful DLC:
  • RE Engine: RE-Verse, RE Village Winters' Expansion plus PSVR2 version and Switch/Mac/iOS ports, RE4 PSVR2 version and Mac/iOS ports, RE7 Mac/iOS ports, MH Rise PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S ports, MH Rise Sunbreak PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S ports, SF6 & Exoprimal post-launch content
  • MT Framework: MH Stories 1 (Switch, PS4, PC) & MH Stories 2 (PS4) ports

So yes, it's a fact that with the exception of the late ports of MH Stories 1 & 2, all the internal developed stuff released since July 2022 did use RE Engine and nothing did use MT Framework. So if the Marvel compilation uses MT Framework would be another exception.

• thinking_hard

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
And well, Jez also claims to have been told that there is an "ongoing issue with MT Framework" that "makes Capcom skip Xbox for technology reasons" and that "Microsoft is actively working on it with Capcom".

I think it's total bullshit out of his ass, just a made out personal guess, pretty likely ignoring that Capcom also skipped Xbox that used other engines in a lot of cases both before and after using MT Framework and not because of any technological issue. In the same way he seems to ignore that Capcom has a MT Framework successor that they used for all the new (not including old ports here) titles released since a couple years ago.

Because if there was any issue preventing to release MT Framework games on Xbox they wouldn't have released on Xbox all the many MT Framework games they released in the past.

I think it's pretty clear that if Capcom doesn't release some games on Xbox it's because either they signed a deal with somebody else that prevents that or because they think won't sell enough there.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Facts are aren't something mine, they are evidences of the reality, stuff proved to be true. As in this case, the factual data we have confirmed says:

Releases of new internally developed games, emulated compilations/remasters since July 2022 until the end of 2024 and beyond:
  • RE Engine: 11, all the internally developed ones they released in that period (Capcom Arcade Stadium 2nd, RE4 remake, Street Fighter 6, Ghost Trick remaster, Exoprimal, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Dragon's Dogma 2, Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess, Ace Attorney Investigations Collection, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, Pragmata)
  • Neobard's own stuff, not Capcom internal engines: 2, Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 & 2
  • MT Framework: 0, ZERO, nada

Late ports of these or older titles released on that period plus meaningful DLC:
  • RE Engine: RE-Verse, RE Village Winters' Expansion plus PSVR2 version and Switch/Mac/iOS ports, RE4 PSVR2 version and Mac/iOS ports, RE7 Mac/iOS ports, MH Rise PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S ports, MH Rise Sunbreak PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S ports, SF6 & Exoprimal post-launch content
  • MT Framework: MH Stories 1 (Switch, PS4, PC) & MH Stories 2 (PS4) ports

So yes, it's a fact that with the exception of the late ports of MH Stories 1 & 2, all the internal developed stuff released since July 2022 did use RE Engine and nothing did use MT Framework. So if the Marvel compilation uses MT Framework would be another exception.
Reality that Capcom is still using MT Framework in 2024 🤷‍♂️

So your “facts” are not based in evidences lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Reality that Capcom is still using MT Framework in 2024 🤷‍♂️

So your “facts” are not based in evidences lol
As I said the reality is that other than the ports of the 2016/2017 game MH Stories and the 2021 game MH Stories 2 there's no MT Framework release since June 2022, particularly new games or collections.

Which is the same, all internally developed new titles released since July 2022 use RE Engine and not MT Framework.

And that we still don't have any oficial information from Capcom about the engine being used for the Marvel collection, or them not releasing some games on Xbox because of "technology reasons" of an engine that had no new title releases since two years ago. The only thing we have about this are the claims from an Xbox fanboy trying to find an excuse to why Capcom doesn't release some games on Xbox.

Which means that there's a total of zero Capcom projects under development oficially confirmed to be using MT Framework right now.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
As I said the reality is that other than the ports of the 2016/2017 game MH Stories and the 2021 game MH Stories 2 there's no MT Framework release since June 2022, particularly new games or collections.

Which is the same, all internally developed new titles released since July 2022 use RE Engine and not MT Framework.

And that we still don't have any oficial information from Capcom about the engine being used for the Marvel collection, or them not releasing some games on Xbox because of "technology reasons" of an engine that had no new title releases since two years ago. The only thing we have about this are the claims from an Xbox fanboy trying to find an excuse to why Capcom doesn't release some games on Xbox.

Which means that there's a total of zero Capcom projects under development oficially confirmed to be using MT Framework right now.
So if Capcom confirmed that they are releasing a game in MT Framework in 2024 then all your "facts" are just not facts... that will makes are your wall texts not accurate because Capcom was working with MT Framework including releasing games in 2024.

BTW yourself says Monter Hunter Stories is using MT Framework and it is a 2024 release for PS4, Switch PC just like Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection 🤷‍♂️

These are already 2 projects in MT Framework releasing in 2024 lol

Last edited: