Jez Corden and Resetera peddle Capcom MT framework conspiracy theory

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So if Capcom confirmed that they are releasing a game in MT Framework in 2024 then all your "facts" are just not facts...
No, learn to read. The facts I posted will continue being facts. One of them is that Capcom ported two old MT Framework games in 2024.

BTW yourself says Monter Hunter Stories is using MT Framework and it is a 2024 release for PS4, Switch PC just like Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection 🤷‍♂️

These are already 2 projects in MT Framework releasing in 2024 lol
Seems you're finally starting to learn to read, congrats.

Yes, I said multiple times that Capcom released in 2024 ports of these old 2016 and 2021 MH games and that they are the only MT Framework thing they released since two years ago, july 2022.

Because everything internally developed else they released in that period is RE Engine stuff. There's a complete (if I didn't forget something) list above of the stuff they released in that period.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, learn to read. The facts I posted will continue being facts. One of them is that Capcom ported two old MT Framework games in 2024.

Seems you're finally starting to learn to read, congrats.

Yes, I said multiple times that Capcom released in 2024 ports of these old 2016 and 2021 MH games and that they are the only MT Framework thing they released since two years ago, july 2022.

Because everything internally developed else they released in that period is RE Engine stuff. There's a complete (if I didn't forget something) list above of the stuff they released in that period.
So Capcom is working in MT framework games against the "facts" you said before.
And probably will launch more in 2025, 2026, etc... after all these collections have games made in MT Framework.

Thanks we reached agreement here.

Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So Capcom is working in MT framework games against the "facts" you said before.

And probably will launch more in 2025, 2026, etc... after all these collections have games made in MT Framework.

Thanks we reached agreement here.
No, Capcom has not confirmed to be working in MT Framework games. The last new MT Framework title was released in 2022.

Tthe facts I mentioned continue being facts, and will continue being facts even if the Marvel collection would end being confirmed as a MT Framework because that wouldn't debunk anything I said. You're getting really annoying.

As I said they only there's no new MT Framework game or collection since July 2022, period. These MH Stories are just ports of 2017 and 2021 titles, so they continue having the same engine they had.

And well, it's fair to assume that having RE Engine, the successor of MT Framework, in 2025 and beyond their new games and collections will continue using RE Engine as has been the case since July 2022, unless they make another port of an old MT Framework game. We know games like Pragmata use RE Engine.

In the same way that would be dumb to say Epic will use Unreal Engine 4 or 3 going forward in their 2025 and beyond games plus in the upcoming Fortnite updates. That would be nonsensical. They moved forward to UE5, so won't use UE3 or UE4 again unless they refurbish some old title and don't want to spent too much resources updating it to the new engine.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

giphy.gif

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Preface: Please turn off the console war brain stuff and just think from a business perspective.

Capcom puts their big games on every platform and sells pretty well on every platform. I think them skipping any platform where you could easily sell 500k units of a beloved and missed port says that there's something wrong, especially with their not being a native PS5 port.

Maybe the skipping is due to MT Framework issues, maybe it's a Sony/PlayStation deal, or maybe it's a publisher not believing it its own product. Regardless of the reason, Capcom would love to sell an additional boatload of copies of any of their games. For the health of Capcom and fighting games; I hope whatever the issue is gets resolved. Also, I hope we also get a native PS5 port. I already got my physical PS4 copy pre-ordered (going to be a collector's gift to my son once he's older) as well as my digital copy.

OP
OP
Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Preface: Please turn off the console war brain stuff and just think from a business perspective.

Capcom puts their big games on every platform and sells pretty well on every platform. I think them skipping any platform where you could easily sell 500k units of a beloved and missed port says that there's something wrong, especially with their not being a native PS5 port.

Maybe the skipping is due to MT Framework issues, maybe it's a Sony/PlayStation deal, or maybe it's a publisher not believing it its own product. Regardless of the reason, Capcom would love to sell an additional boatload of copies of any of their games. For the health of Capcom and fighting games; I hope whatever the issue is gets resolved. Also, I hope we also get a native PS5 port. I already got my physical PS4 copy pre-ordered (going to be a collector's gift to my son once he's older) as well as my digital copy.
...there would be no chance in hell of selling 500k on Xbox. Fighting games are healthy right where they are. Get it now?

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
...there would be no chance in hell of selling 500k on Xbox. Fighting games are healthy right where they are. Get it now?
It's a hyper popular franchise/series. It would sell 500k on the Vita today. I think your hate boner for Xbox is clouding your judgement.

OP
OP
Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's a hyper popular franchise/series. It would sell 500k on the Vita today. I think your hate boner for Xbox is clouding your judgement.
You're letting feelings get in the way of facts. Sales of multiplat titles on Xbox and competing platforms below:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

500k? .....sales...? .....on Xbox?

Spider Man Lol GIF

Put the crack pipe down sir

• haha
Reactions: voke and On Demand

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Never heard such horseshit in my life.

MT Framework engine began its life on the Xbox 360 and was fully optimised for it.

Capcom even managed to get it running on the PS3 with the Cell though it had inferior ports to the Xbox 360.

Now this moron is telling us it has issues on Xbox Series consoles which is why Capcom isn’t releasing any games for it.

The lack of sales and Gamepass has everything to do with the lack of Capcom games.

Go figure.

Reactions: voke and Evilms

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like Capcom and Xbox reached a deal to fix the MT Framework issues on Xbox.

@Yurinka remember when you said Capcom was not working in MT Framework anybody... not only they are and the last two collections announced are MT Framework games... I tried to explain to you that Capcom is still using MT Framework.

But you said it was Facts lol

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Seems like Capcom and Xbox reached a deal to fix the MT Framework issues on Xbox.

@Yurinka remember when you said Capcom was not working in MT Framework anybody... not only they are and the last two collections announced are MT Framework games... I tried to explain to you that Capcom is still using MT Framework.

Phil Spencer sent Capcom money via PayPal.

Capcom went like: Sure, now that you've given us X we can put a couple engineers on it for a bit to get things into order, I guess.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Phil Spencer sent Capcom money via PayPal.

Capcom went like: Sure, now that you've given us X we can put a couple engineers on it for a bit to get things into order, I guess.
The biggest issue here was even old Engine like MT Framework had issues in Xbox Series consoles :D
Even when it worked fine on Xbox One.

You can play PS4 MT Framework games on PS5 just fine.
Can you play Xbox One MT Framework games on Series? No... you need to talk with Xbox tech team to fix issues lol

What a turd of console.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Yes, as I said back then, the facts I said back then continue being facts:
  • Capcom published many MT Framework titles on Xbox
  • Capcom kept many non-MT Framework titles outside Xbox
  • Outside the MH Stories ports in the last couple years all internally developed new Capcom games or compilations released use RE Engine and not MT Frameworks
We can add two more:
  • We still don't know if these two compilations use MT Framework or RE Engine
  • "Technical discussions" doesn't imply that Capcom's engines have issues to port to Xbox.
These "technical discussions" may mean that Capcom told MS that if they want the ports MS should fund them and were still negotiating it, or maybe were negotiating to include them on GP. Or may also mean that some Marvel+Sony deal may have forced a timed exclusivity, and -in the past, may not be doing it nowadays at least for big publishers- in cases of releasing games later on Xbox MS asks for some extra content to greenlight it, and probably Capcom didn't add to want anything so it got blocked until MS acceded to allow the late release without adding extras.

Can you play Xbox One MT Framework games on Series? No... you need to talk with Xbox tech team to fix issues lol
Please make a list of MT Framework games released for XBO that don't work in Series X|S.

As far as I know all XBO games just run on Xbox Series S & X.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I thought MS were the software giants lol

Bunch of bolony. MS got to where they are by Bill Gates frauding and cheating and special roots….

OP
OP
Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Xbox went from handing out cheques for GP to handing out cheques for people to just release on the platform in the first place.

29 Jan 2024
Phil Sponsor to the rescue!!

Damn lame turd head of Xbox.

I'm sure these collections Will be at Gamepass at launch in 2025