Jez Corden teases possibility Xbox handheld |UP| All Xbox games coming to PlayStation including Halo/Gears, Xbox will be more Steam like in future🧂

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah this is so asanine. Your console doesn't move shut but hold up (hold my beer) we are going to release a handheld 😂😂 and sell even less. My bet it's definitely hybrid.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
LOL, okay...
What else do you call it, "shy" maybe?

To release an unfit product compared to its contemporaries (Switch/Deck/etc) and rumored future competitors (better specced PC handhelds, Xbox), to then turn around and rumor about the better product that should have been released in the first place?

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Yeah this is so asanine. Your console doesn't move shut but hold up (hold my beer) we are going to release a handheld 😂😂 and sell even less. My bet it's definitely hybrid.

To be honest a handheld is their last hope. If they manage to create an handheld that can play your xbox library and PC (steam/epic) and get a power boost while docked they could be onto something but their main issues is the games.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
What else do you call it, "shy" maybe?

To release an unfit product compared to its contemporaries (Switch/Deck/etc) and rumored future competitors (better specced PC handhelds, Xbox), to then turn around and rumor about the better product that should have been released in the first place?

Here is a secret for you. Switch, Deck, Switch 2, Xbox handheld are not its contemporaries.

This is not a handheld gaming system, it's a remote game player. It's no more a handheld system than a dual sense.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Here is a secret for you. Switch, Deck, Switch 2, Xbox handheld are not its contemporaries.

This is not a handheld gaming system, it's a remote game player. It's no more a handheld system than a dual sense.
Stop playing semantics ffs. For the idea of playing games on the go, tied back to a digital account like steam/Nintendo/ms account... This shares its shelf space (so to speak) with the others.

Now, that Sony have only seem fit to so far release a Fisher Price toy and lesser product, well they're stupid. "It's only a remote player 11!1!!!" yes.... And that's why it's shit in the face of its competitors.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Stop playing semantics ffs. For the idea of playing games on the go, tied back to a digital account like steam/Nintendo/ms account... This shares its shelf space (so to speak) with the others.

Now, that Sony have only seem fit to so far release a Fisher Price toy and lesser product, well they're stupid. "It's only a remote player 11!1!!!" yes.... And that's why it's shit in the face of its competitors.

Yet... you're the one that bought it... knowing exactly what it was...

But yeah no, it doesn't share the same shelf space as the others. You can get on an airplane or a bus and you can play those. You can't really do that with a portal and it wasn't advertised as such.

The problem appears to be that you felt that it should be that and you bought it despite the fact that it wasn't and you're upset by that.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Yet... you're the one that bought it... knowing exactly what it was...

But yeah no, it doesn't share the same shelf space as the others. You can get on an airplane or a bus and you can play those. You can't really do that with a portal and it wasn't advertised as such.

The problem appears to be that you felt that it should be that and you bought it despite the fact that it wasn't and you're upset by that.
1. It should be that.

2. I bought it despite that shortcoming, because how else are Sony going to get a hint through there thick heads?

Why yes, it's selling well, Sony. Could have had this in 2014 with a Vita that had all the needed buttons, fucking idiots. Now... go make a "real" one, before you're quite literally the only ones without a "real/standalone" handheld companion device.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To be honest a handheld is their last hope. If they manage to create an handheld that can play your xbox library and PC (steam/epic) and get a power boost while docked they could be onto something but their main issues is the games.
Hey you never know. Only time will tell.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Smart move by Xbox.
So Switch 2, Steamdeck and now Xbox will have portables that play downscaled modern gen games/shared library etc.

Are people still gonna act like Playstation cant do it. And if they do a PSP3/ portable, that it cant have a shared library with PS5/PS6 and needs dedicated portable games..

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If PS handheld is true I hope it's premium like Vita was.
Me too. I dont mind it being on the cheaper side to reach commercial success.
Shared library is a must though. Steamdeck, xbox will have shared libraries, Switch 2 will play modern gen games.

No a reason PSP3 cant

24 Jun 2022
Is HeisenbergFX or whatever from Gaf reliable?

He said he thinks this is going to be more expensive than what people are used to,.

If it's going to run Windows, I can 100% believe that would be the case.

Because there's a 90% chance it's going to run Windows, but have a version specific for gaming (disabling all unnecessary background services by default) and an Xbox-like UI running for the gaming mode.

I'd expect any future gaming hardware to have a similar setup, OS/GUI-wise.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If it's going to run Windows, I can 100% believe that would be the case.

Because there's a 90% chance it's going to run Windows, but have a version specific for gaming (disabling all unnecessary background services by default) and an Xbox-like UI running for the gaming mode.

I'd expect any future gaming hardware to have a similar setup, OS/GUI-wise.
Didnt someone say it will run steam, which would just be silly of MS to do. Keep it Xbox/windows store.
I dont think I would buy it over a Steamdeck 2 but its a good move for Xbox, even if there fanbase is smaller, its a good thing for them and a no brainer if they are staying in industry. Or exiting home consoles even

Plus now Xbox and Steam fans can hate on each other for once lol :p

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I think I read somewhere that new Surface and possibly XB will be ARM based... Doesn't that stop Steam's Windows x86/64 software from working anyway.

So we're looking more at an app for GamePass will be what it launches with?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I doubt they would be stupid enough to release a portable running the Xbox OS, it's probably just another Steam Deck variant but running Windows and with MS store.

Anything that requires specific dev support it's dead on arrival.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Hardware has not been an issue since the late 360 days. Precisely when games started being an issue, an issue that should have been adr asked way faster.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Now that i think about it these "leaks" are made by Microsoft just to gage people interests. Always the same people, if you notice all these Microsoft xbox rumours always turn out to be nothing.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
I doubt they would be stupid enough to release a portable running the Xbox OS, it's probably just another Steam Deck variant but running Windows and with MS store.

Anything that requires specific dev support it's dead on arrival.

There is little to nothing to be gained for them selling a PC handheld. It would have to be ridiculously expensive just to garner a profit anywhere close to making a decent ROI.

How would it be anymore DOA than the Series S?

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I don’t see what a handheld accomplishes for them:
-It’s late to the party because the steam deck and ROG already exist.
-Probably won’t run steam like the 2 aforementioned but even it does see point 1 again.
-If it tries to play games natively the battery life won’t last long
-At best the power will be that of or less of the series S, something developers already are skipping out on.
-Whatever “real” next gen hardware, if they even make it, will in some way be tied to this so it is just the series S holding the X back again situation.
-The price will probably be above any mass consumer price probably closer to 5 or 6 hundred dollars
-Most importantly they’ll now be going head to head with Nintendo in Nintendo realm.

Nothing about it makes any sense.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
How do people take Jez seriously. This is the epitome of shit might as well be a guess and can never be proven.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja