Jim Ryan: PS5 is expected to catch up with PS4 in Q2; PC revenue $250 million in FY22

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
pff4uk5.jpg

RdVLL4v.jpg

ETAGS2H.jpg

a3sESe1.jpg

Total sales of the PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered have surpassed 1.5 million units, while sales of the PC version of The Last of Us Part I surpassed 368,000 units, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PC has generated $52 million in revenue, while The Last of Us Part I for PC generated $15.5 million in revenue.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Well they missed their fy22 target for pc and only got to 250 million thanks to destiny 2. Guess this besides spiderman the other pc ports bombed hard. Their pc push should focus only on gaas games. Still suprised they havent shown anything for mobile. That would bring in ten times more than pc and be more profitable

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well they missed their fy22 target for pc and only got to 250 million thanks to destiny 2. Guess this besides spiderman the other pc ports bombed hard. Their pc push should focus only on gaas games. Still suprised they havent shown anything for mobile. That would bring in ten times more than pc and be more profitable
Imagine letting go of TLoU exclusivity for 350k sales. I'm sure a lot more than 350K people pirated the game tho. :ROFLMAO:

It's also really hard to put the genie back on the bottle, it would take 15 years of Sony not releasing their games on PC for PC master waiters to stop expecting it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Imagine letting go of TLoU exclusivity for 350k sales. I'm sure a lot more than 350K people pirated the game tho. :ROFLMAO:

It's also really hard to put the genie back on the bottle, it would take 15 years of Sony not releasing their games on PC for PC master waiters to stop expecting it.
They begged even when Somy never released any PC game…

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony entire PC strategy is all fucked up. Instead of using PC to strengthen PS5 by porting games that make sense like Bloodborne, Dreams, Killzone, Resitance, they port their most valuable single player games without even bothering with Denuvo (they get cracked day one and master waiters that spend $1000+ on their GPUs play is for free).

I weird how Sony want to push things into the direction where they lose all their leverage and natural advantages.
I would have thought that mobile would have been higher than pc.
Mobile is going to flop hard.

Last edited:

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Sony entire PC strategy is all fucked up. Instead of using PC to strengthen PS5 by porting games make sense like Bloodborne, Dreams, Killzone, Resitance, they port their most valuable single player games without even bothering with Denuvo (they get cracked day one and mater pirates that spend $1000+ on their GPUs play is for free).

Mobile is going to flop hard.
I bet it will but even that I think even that would bring in more revenue than pc

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The top said: Do something on PC.

The underlings (aka SIE) did the worst job they ever could do. Playing with Destiny numbers to puff it up. Laughable.

If you're going for PC, you better have your own launcher/store, and it better have the multiplats... only then can you cultivate the PC consumer and milk them like Valve. Problem is of course, that will require significant investment in creating the laucher and organizing the third-party support licensing angle + bridging PSN. If you just create a launcher for exclusives - like EA/Ubisoft - you're DOA, just like those were, bending the knee eventually to Steam. Not to mention, all of that investment will be loss-leader type cause Steam got the PCMR on lock. So it's going to be a slow walk... cause the consumers won't jump ship while having massive libraries on Steam just because. It's a slow attrition process and success is not guaranteed. The current policy is predicated on MS being their direct competitor who has similar policies. Were their direct competitor be say a Nintendo with modern third-party support then Sony would be sweating just like Xbox is, cause unlike Xbox, Nintendo has true exclusives with wide appeal and continuous success. Xbox blurred the lines out of MS self interest in propping Windows Gaming - that's the strategic aspect - more so than a money move while the Xbox brand takes the hit vis a vis PS. Sony is just doing it for chump change, "increase share-holder value" nonsense while strategically making itself vulnerable long term. The warning is extremly clear: The fuck is Steam Deck and ROG Ally (fixed hardware handhelds) doing with Sony exclusives on them (literal VITA competitors if the VITA still were alive)? Where the fuck is Half Life Alyx on PS VR2? Suckers.... Valve won't even throw that easy bone to them. There is no 4D chess here. Fixed hardware is still King.

Again the current push is predicated on Xbox and MS being their direct competitor.... that's literally the main supporting pillar of it. Sony has opened PS to attack by a savvier competitor - I hope it's Nintendo after a leadership shuffle with a strong understating of console gaming consumer psychology as well as the exploitable opportunities Sony are themselves creating out of cheap greed. With Xbox continually receding it's time Nintendo comes back to fight for the real crown.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The top said: Do something on PC.

The underlings (aka SIE) did the worst job they ever could do. Playing with Destiny numbers to puff it up. Laughable.

If you're going for PC, you better have your own launcher/store, and it better have the multiplats... only then can you cultivate the PC consumer and milk them like Valve. Problem is of course, that will require significant investment in creating the laucher and organizing the third-party support licensing angle + bridging PSN. Not to mention, all of that investment will be loss-leader type cause Steam got the PCMR on lock. So it's going to be a slow walk... cause the consumers won't jump ship while having massive libraries on Steam just because. It's a slow attrition process.
You own store/launcher is essential.
You are a platform holder not a 3rd-party publisher… do your job right.

But but nobody will buy games outside Steam…

Bullshit… if PC gamers wants to play PlayStation games they will need to buy on PS Store.