Khaliefa Adams is one of the biggest shills in gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Agree 100% worst feature ever in the history of gaming, it devalues the qualities that games interesting/fun have and turn it into a chore. Nintendo wisely avoided any system level achievements/trophies and I hope they keep it that way.

You have to be some huge loser for your achievements to be playing a game and an even bigger one for caring about showing it of to people that don't care about it (everyone). Getting mad some guy doesn't like it makes it even worse.

Achievements the vast majority of the time aren't even a display of skill or anything like that just a proof you are gullible and willing to waste time.

I would rather waste money gambling/speculating than waste time being an achievement hunter, thankfully I'm neither.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Dr Bass

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Ngl I just wanted to make is noteworthy in the hope he’d see it
Good thread, great title

I do hate these “toxic positivity” “neutral” journalists/content creators that make posts like this. Paris bald head is another one

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’ve never heard of that guy before. What a horrible take.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Never heard of him but there are many shills. The biggest? Not compared to companies like IGN, Forbes, Bloomdberg etc

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Agree 100% worst feature ever in the history of gaming, it devalues the qualities that games interesting/fun have and turn it into a chore. Nintendo wisely avoided any system level achievements/trophies and I hope they keep it that way.

You have to be some huge loser for your achievements to be playing a game and an even bigger one for caring about showing it of to people that don't care about it (everyone). Getting mad some guy doesn't like it makes it even worse.

Achievements the vast majority of the time aren't even a display of skill or anything like that just a proof you are gullible and willing to waste time.

I would rather waste money gambling/speculating than waste time being an achievement hunter, thankfully I'm neither.
Another bad take from you, what a surprise. 😂 One of the reasons Trophy’s and achievements are great, is because they expose the frauds and fraud journalists that don’t play and beat games. Do do you know how people know these Xbox fanboys don’t play and finish their games? Because people check their achievement list. 😂

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You want to know how people know these Xbox fanboys don’t play and finish their games?
No, I'm good, I would much rather get rid of all this tracking and clutter that turn games into a checklist.

This shit even ends up leaking into game design and we end up with a bunch of dull stuff and bloat inside games like collecting meaningless shit that adds nothing of value.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
No, I'm good, I would much rather get rid of all this tracking and clutter that turn games into a checklist.

This shit even ends up leaking into game design and we end up with a bunch of dull stuff inside games like collecting meaningless shit that adds nothing of value.
You know you don’t have to complete them right? 😂 They’re an option you don’t have to trophy and achievement hunt.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You know you don’t have to complete them right? 😂 They’re an option you don’t have to trophy and achievement hunt.
You know they'll track it regardless right and I can't opt out. 😂

Would I want someone tracking every book I read, every movie I watch, etc? No, I'm not a complete moron unable to see the negative implications of this behavior.

This type of stuff makes Switch and retro game seem extremely more compelling. I also hate that Steam tracks how many hours I play and keeps displaying that useless information to me.

I play for the sake of it, not to achieve anything, not show off to anyone(as if that is ever going to happen with achievement), Homo Ludens, etc. All this stuff is anti-gaming at their core, but obviously people that already wasted too much time and are too emotionally attached to these manipulative mechanics will take it personally and defend their masters.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Weird take, but not controversial. There's always been people who are against trophies and equally there are people who really like them. Personally, I can't say I'm a trophy hunter but there have been times I've played a game in a different way than normal because there's a trophy for it. For example, I once completed a section of a game without being caught or seen by the enemy whereas normally I would just charge in. It was a fun experience and change of pace to get that trophy.

Why take away something that is OPTIONAL for players to engage with? The stupidity of Western games "journalists" is unreal.

I've noticed that kind of self-centered take has become increasingly common for game bloggers (I refuse to call them journalists). They don't like it so it should be removed or changed for everybody. Most of us, by a certain age, become aware we are not the centre of the universe but bloggers have proven there are exceptions to that general rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.