• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Xbox is leaving hardware

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think part of this is to downplay any PS5 pro rumors but i think talking next gen this early could really destroy sales (whats left of them) if it catches some mainstream wind. A pro console is at least part of the same generation so i dont think its same as feeling left out.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think part of this is to downplay any PS5 pro rumors but i think talking next gen this early could really destroy sales (whats left of them) if it catches some mainstream wind. A pro console is at least part of the same generation so i dont think its same as feeling left out.
Destroy sales…bruh.
Nobody will get hyped expect for Xbox shills.
If people did not buy now their console what makes you think people will do it with a new system? If this report is true then it will be the same dilemma as Series gen. No ready games at launch, dozen of CGI trailers of games wich are in the far away future to be released. Microsoft lost the console business, they won’t recover from even not with the help from Bethesda and Activision Blizzard. Xbox is a dead brand. Xbox next console will be a streaming and digital console only. I also doubt that Microsoft CEO Satyam Nadella will any longer approve of this mess. Microsoft is a software company a not a traditional hardware manufacturer. The shareholders will put pressure on Nadella, they can’t any longer play this loss game. It’s time for transitioning to a 3rd Party publisher for Microsoft’s own good.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
If I'm not mistaken, I think the only time abandoning a failing console midway through a gen in order to put out a new one actually worked out for a company was when Nintendo abandoned the Wiiu for the Switch.
Nintendo abandoned WiiU to shore up the 3DS lol.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If I'm not mistaken, I think the only time abandoning a failing console midway through a gen in order to put out a new one actually worked out for a company was when Nintendo abandoned the Wiiu for the Switch.
Even that is kind of a special case, as Switch was released at about the right time for a new Nintendo handheld generation, they just abandoned home consoles entirely.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Virtual Boy-> Gameboy Color
Debatably OG Xbox for 360 (only 4 years of live for the original...)
But yeah, its rare.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nintendo abandoned WiiU to shore up the 3DS lol.
They had trouble supporting both (or Wii/3DS early on) and both suffered release droughts because of it but not even the Wii U entirely dried up before its successor released.(it got Paper Mario, a barebones Mario Tennis and Star Fox Zero in that last year, plus BotW as a swan song.)

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
You know for me I'd like differences in timing in years between Xbox and Sony hardware. It would actually give me a "maybe" reason to even get Xbox hardware if it was more powerful and diff at times to Sonys hardware release years apart and vice versa. This samey bs between hardware and shared timeliness doesn't do shit for me or interest me.
Yea, I can see that. Both having a large enough gap that you'd ping pong off of the 2 consoles for various exclusives. Best of both worlds.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Absolutely, they can't feel left behind. They already have an inferiority complex and PlayStation having the most powerful console would just drive them beyond insanity.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Absolutely, they can't feel left behind. They already have an inferiority complex and PlayStation having the most powerful console would just drive them beyond insanity.
It doesn't matter what the hardware looks like they'll just say some dumb shit like "it doesn't have dx13 so Microsoft wins" they are fucking delusional trash.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Getting walloped like they have this gen on top of the huge historic losses Xbox has posted make it highly unlikely that Microsoft would approve the R&D budget for a new generation.

Never forget that Phil had to BEG Nadella to green light the Series, and the seemingly scrapped refresh of the Series X was just a new casing and a removed optical drive, and the refreshed Series S just had more flash and a different color of casing.

Put the evidence together, and it does not point to there being more hardware in the future from MS for gaming.
And IIRC shut down Surface and fired Panos Panay. MS exiting devices all together?

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
This is hilarious. Half game announce in 2020 showcase (State of Decay 3, Everwild, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Fable) still dont have release date yet some of them already talking about next-gen.
Yea, I don't like that. Although we can clearly see that HB2 is more next-gen looking than any of the others. Fable looks good too but no gameplay like HB2 so I'm not holding my breath. The other games don't show shit.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Hold up.We are supposed to believe they are gonna bring out a next gen device.For who?? They cant even sell their current devices.They are having year on year decline.Their best seller is the s they can't sell the X.But they are gonna go next gen so early to sell what devices to who. This mobile phone territory. You should listen to the CFO he knows the truth. Phil and everyone else are con men.Sega/windows phone closure incoming.You are losing hardware and users monthly. It's only 3 years in.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Why? What do they gain by launching sooner? Do they think devs will abandon tens of millions of PS/Switch users to go make games on a "more powerful" console?

Power is not the issue with Xbox. It's everything else. New hardware won't change that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why? What do they gain by launching sooner? Do they think devs will abandon tens of millions of PS/Switch users to go make games on a "more powerful" console?

Power is not the issue with Xbox. It's everything else. New hardware won't change that.
They might be facing more pushback from devs over the series s lol. Series S, the S stands for Situation. It would've been fine if they were selling more but now that the ps5 is outselling more than 2:1 and the series S in particular more than 3:1...maybe the incentive to make multiplats is diminishing lol. Rockstar probably told them GTA6 is gonna be busted af/not run natively on the S