Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not having cross-play is quite dumb
Well I take it as a plus 😍

I’m already tired of useless cross-play that you have to disable every time you will play a multiplayer game.

BTW what it could not miss in a Lego game is offline/local CoOp MP… that should be a deal breaker for the audience.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well I take it as a plus 😍

I’m already tired of useless cross-play that you have to disable every time you will play a multiplayer game.

BTW what it could not miss in a Lego game is offline/local CoOp MP… that should be a deal breaker for the audience.
It's a co -op game? Not a competitive game, so I don't see why you're comparing it to a multiplayer game lol. Online co-op is already there, I don't see why Cross-play a simple feature isn't there.

Either way just posting my thought as I really don't care much, not like I'm buying it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Marvel Spider-man isn’t First party because Sony published and developed it.
Lot of grey areas fellas (and ladies) there are quite a lot of nuances and not everything is the same + we have no insights in contracts.

-Sony leveraged their movie rights, don't own the full Spider-Man IP. And by the first SM Sony didn't own Insomniac.
-Then we get Koji Pro which is independent creating a Sony owned IP (after the bs of MS) using a first party engine.
-Shift Up where Sony doesn't own the IP but the studio signed a 2nd party contract for the game and no PS studios logo.
-Helldivers which is classic 2nd party, Sony owns the IP but not the studio.
-Square that makes the FF7-trilogy exclusive where Sony basically funds the project partially but owns nothing
-MLB that license the IP while made by 1st party

Marvel's Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Stellar Blade, Helldivers and MLB are a PS first party games because Sony, the platform holder published them.

The FF-trilogy are 3rd party games because they are published by Square Enix (a 3rd party company, which means not owned by the platform holdeR).

Doesn't matter who developed it or who owns the IP, or who made its game engine, or who has movie rights:
1st party game = published by the platform holder
3rd party game = published by a company not owned by the platform holder

This how it has been always, since many decades ago.

In the case of Death Stranding, outside the "1st vs 3rd party" talk, Sony is the owner of the IP, so who decides where the game can be released. Kojima asked to release it somewhere else and Sony allowed him to do with other publisher as an exception, because back then they didn't publish their tentpole console games in PC.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Marvel's Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Stellar Blade, Helldivers and MLB are a PS first party games because Sony, the platform holder published them.

Right.

Death Stranding was published by 505 on PC. Third Party too?

Is Demons Souls PS3 first party or third party cause it was published by Sony in Japan, Bandai Namco in Europe and Atlus in NA?

How about select Call of Duty games which were published by Sony in Japan?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Right.

Death Stranding was published by 505 on PC. Third Party too?

Is Demons Souls PS3 first party or third party cause it was published by Sony in Japan, Bandai Namco in Europe and Atlus in NA?

How about select Call of Duty games which were published by Sony in Japan?
505 is not the platform holder of PC or Steam, Epic store, etc.

So the PC version is a 3rd party game there, yes.

And the Sony published games are 3rd party games in PC, Xbox or Switch. Because Sony isn't the platform holder of these platforms.

Demon's Souls is a first party game because it was originally published by the platform holder, who later prefered to get some partners to publish/distribute it in other areas.

Call of Duty (or Destiny 1) were 3rd party games because were published by a company not owned by the platform holder. That publisher decided to partner with a Japanese publisher to distribute it in Japan, in this case Sony.

The publishers of the games sometimes partner with other companies to publish the games in certain regions or platforms (sometimes including potential related porting or localization). They are still the publisher of the game but simply decide to outsource part of the job, in this case distribution in certain markets.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
do not buy an xperia, they don't connect with pc's at all, mine just factory reset deleting all my photos when I tried to connect to a windows 11 pc
holy shit lol. well the newest one isn't getting sold in the US so that isn't an issue. Pretty sure i'll end up getting the oneplus 12, vs the same price samsung s24 (non+) it has way better features