ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You are conflating 2 different things.

We are discussing First Party Games.

Gran Turismo is entirely a Sony Game IP.

Cars belong to the manufacturer. They don’t own the Gran Turismo game. Neither does Sony own the cars.

Every Spider-Man game belongs to Marvel. Whoever they gave publishing rights are free to continue publishing those games which they published under their label.

Activision can do it for the games they published and so can Sony.

Marvel will probably still get royalties.
Gran Turismo name is a Sony's IP plus the Sony own the game itself.
But you forget Gran Turismo uses several 3rd-party IPs just like Spider-man uses a Marvel IP.

Sony owns Gran Turismo's game and Spider-man's game.
Sony license 3rd-party IPs to use in Gran Turismo and Spider-man.
Neither Marvel or Car Manufactures owns the games Sony created.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I will help you, buddy, since you're not only consistently wrong, but also refuse to admit you're wrong.

Take your bloody L, this is humiliating.

Amazing you had so much time to dig up my posts.

Glad you now take my word as gospel now.

I can now confirm to you Spider-Man is a Marvel IP.

Sony only have publishing rights.

Just like Death Stranding isn’t Third Party because Kojima Productions and 505 published it.

Marvel Spider-man isn’t First party because Sony published and developed it.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Gran Turismo name is a Sony's IP plus the Sony own the game itself.
But you forget Gran Turismo uses several 3rd-party IPs just like Spider-man uses a Marvel IP.

Yes but the game belongs to Sony.

Just like Fortnite belongs to EPIC even though it has million of skins and characters from other IPs.

Also Super Smash Bros which has Capcom, Tekken and other characters.

Game still belongs to Nintendo.

Marvel Spider-Man game entire premise is Spider-Man. It is the game.

If Spider-Man character was in God Of War then it would be similar to Gran Turismo.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Amazing you had so much time to dig up my posts.

Glad you now take my word as gospel now.

I can now confirm to you Spider-Man is a Marvel IP.

Sony only have publishing rights.

Just like Death Stranding isn’t Third Party because Kojima Productions and 505 published it.

Marvel Spider-man isn’t First party because Sony published and developed it.

I just wanted to show how you're not even coherent with your own opinion, you're as unreliable as they come.

Spider-Man (in games) is a Marvel IP
Sony have the publishing and development rights (else Marvel could pick the developer, and they can't)
Death Stranding is second-party, which is essentially considered first-party nowadays
Spider-Man is a first-party game that uses a third-party IP

1. You not understanding the above is your problem
2. You not being coherent with your own opinions is your problem
3. You being absolutely humiliated time and again is your problem

Someone corrected me on Stellar Blade, I admitted I was wrong, and I moved on. You have been proven wrong by multiple people and have even been incoherent with your previous opinion, and you refuse to admit you're wrong.

Take the L and move on. Next step is blocking your ass because I will not be dedicating more time in arguing with you.

It's a feat you can breathe without thinking.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I just wanted to show how you're not even coherent with your own opinion, you're as unreliable as they come.

Spider-Man (in games) is a Marvel IP
Sony have the publishing and development rights (else Marvel could pick the developer, and they can't)
Death Stranding is second-party, which is essentially considered first-party nowadays
Spider-Man is a first-party game that uses a third-party IP

1. You not understanding the above is your problem
2. You not being coherent with your own opinions is your problem
3. You being absolutely humiliated time and again is your problem

Someone corrected me on Stellar Blade, I admitted I was wrong, and I moved on. You have been proven wrong by multiple people and have even been incoherent with your previous opinion, and you refuse to admit you're wrong.

Take the L and move on. Next step is blocking your ass because I will not be dedicating more time in arguing with you.

It's a feat you can breathe without thinking.

Someone corrected me on Spider-Man too.

It never was First Party cause the IP belongs to Marvel.

If I am incoherent and unreliable then so are you with your Stellar Blade take.

Let’s be consistent here.

It’s a feat you can breathe without thinking. You call others incoherent and unreliable when you have got it wrong yourself.

Tell me what makes you right and me wrong and vice versa currently.

Get off your high horse.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Someone corrected me on Spider-Man too.

It never was First Party cause the IP belongs to Marvel.

If I am incoherent and unreliable then so are you with your Stellar Blade take.

Let’s be consistent here.

It’s a feat you can breathe without thinking. You call others incoherent and unreliable when you have got it wrong yourself.

Tell me what makes you right and me wrong and vice versa currently.

Get off your high horse.
Final reply - the difference between you and me is that I was corrected and said "yep, I was wrong" and moved on. You have not only been corrected but absolutely humiliated and you have not moved on, instead you doubled down. Also, please don't try and weasel yourself out of your lack of coherence - it just denigrates you further.

There's no high horse here but the one you're sitting on.

Now off you go to the blocked pile.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The problem with LEGO Horizon is not the game itself. I think nobody thinks the game could be hold back because of the PC and Switch releases.

It's the hypocrisy of

a) Hulst saying just a few days before how single-player releases wouldn't launch day-1 on other platforms.

b) Everybody finding excuses thinking PlayStation had no say about it.

the "doomers" have an issue with.

Hermen didn't lie, because apparently Sony pretty likely includes it under "experimental" (in addition to what is seen in the slide he also mentioned "talented new teams"), or since it -like Helldivers 2- features online coop, apparently a skins store and has microcransactions maybe even falls under GaaS/"transformational":

image.png

Remember that Totoki said "Regarding first-party software, we aim to continue to focus on producing high-quality works and developing live service games. But while major projects are currently under development, we do not plan to release any new major existing franchise titles next fiscal year like God of War Ragnarok and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

Meaning, Totoki/Sony don't consider Lego Horizon a "new major existing franchise title", which leads to think it's a lower budget title and/or they don't consider it to sell around >15/20M units as their big tentpole titles do.

Regarding what Hermen mentioned, he exactly said:

"Indeed we're bringing our titles to the PC platform. We have a dual approach here: on the live services side, we're releasing out titles simultanously, so day and date, on PS5 and PC.

But with our tentpole titles, our single player narrative driven titles, that as you saw in the presentation are the backbone of what PS Studios has delievered in recent years and in our history, we take a more strategic approach: we introduce our great franchises to new audiences, and we're finding new audiences that potentially are going to be very interested in playing for example sequels on the PS platform.

We have high hopes that we're actually able to bring new players into PlayStation at large, but into PlayStation platform specifically. Actually the same goes for our work we do extending our great properties to other media such as tv series and films for example. As we seen with TLOU in HBO or the GT film, that brought new players to our franchises as well.
"

Meaning, Totoki and Hermen don't consider Lego Horizon a "tentpole" title, but instead a "transformative" (if GaaS or if like Helldivers focuses on coop despible also being playable single player) or more likely, an "experimental" title because it's a lower budget/scale title, they are trying a new team, a game type, are trying to find new audiences, etc.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Final reply - the difference between you and me is that I was corrected and said "yep, I was wrong" and moved on. You have not only been corrected but absolutely humiliated and you have not moved on, instead you doubled down. Also, please don't try and weasel yourself out of your lack of coherence - it just denigrates you further.

There's no high horse here but the one you're sitting on.

Now off you go to the blocked pile.

No difference between you and me.

I was corrected too on Spider-Man. It is Marvels baby.

I don’t debate on this forum only.

Ready to take Ls. I am wrong many times and accept it. I am just human like everyone here.

Not this time.

Spider-Man belongs to Marvel NOT Sony.

We shall see whether it is First Party when all the doom mongers react to Spider-Man going Multi-Platform like MLB the Show and LEGO Horizon and Sony are still developing and publishing it cause the license/money is too good to scrap.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No difference between you and me.

I was corrected too on Spider-Man. It is Marvels baby.

I don’t debate on this forum only.

Ready to take Ls. I am wrong many times and accept it. I am just human like everyone here.

Not this time.

Spider-Man belongs to Marvel NOT Sony.

We shall see whether it is First Party when all the doom mongers react to Spider-Man going Multi-Platform like MLB the Show and LEGO Horizon and Sony are still developing and publishing it cause the license/money is too good to scrap.
Spider-man the licensed IP used as theme of Spider-man game is indeed 3rd-party owned by Marvel.
This Spider-man game created by Sony is first-party owned by Sony.

Yes... this Spider-man game belongs to Sony... Marvel can't touch anything in it... Marvel don't have the code, the assets, the physics, etc.. Marvel can't make another Spider-man game or sequel of that owned Spider-man game without Sony because Sony owns it.

If Marvel license the Spider-man to another company that company needs to create their own and new Spider-man game... that will be unrelated to Sony's Spider-man game.

Spider-man game developed by Sony is owned by Sony... it is their property.
Using or not a licensed 3rd-party IP doesn't make it more or less 1st-party.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Spider-man the licensed IP used as theme of Spider-man game is indeed 3rd-party owned by Marvel.
This Spider-man game created by Sony is first-party owned by Sony.

Yes... this Spider-man game belongs to Sony... Marvel can't touch anything in it.

Yes Sony will continue to own the publishing rights of Marvel SpiderMan 1 and 2, Miles Morales, Venom and SpiderMan 3. Maybe Spiderman 3 will get a standalone dlc too.

Sony can release these games again in the future. Not sure how it works with remakes and royalties.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Hermen didn't lie, because apparently Sony pretty likely includes it under "experimental" (in addition to what is seen in the slide he also mentioned "talented new teams"), or since it -like Helldivers 2- features online coop, apparently a skins store and has microcransactions maybe even falls under GaaS/"transformational":

image.png

Remember that Totoki said "Regarding first-party software, we aim to continue to focus on producing high-quality works and developing live service games. But while major projects are currently under development, we do not plan to release any new major existing franchise titles next fiscal year like God of War Ragnarok and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

Meaning, Totoki/Sony don't consider Lego Horizon a "new major existing franchise title", which leads to think it's a lower budget title and/or they don't consider it to sell around >15/20M units as their big tentpole titles do.

Regarding what Hermen mentioned, he exactly said:

"Indeed we're bringing our titles to the PC platform. We have a dual approach here: on the live services side, we're releasing out titles simultanously, so day and date, on PS5 and PC.

But with our tentpole titles, our single player narrative driven titles, that as you saw in the presentation are the backbone of what PS Studios has delievered in recent years and in our history, we take a more strategic approach: we introduce our great franchises to new audiences, and we're finding new audiences that potentially are going to be very interested in playing for example sequels on the PS platform.

We have high hopes that we're actually able to bring new players into PlayStation at large, but into PlayStation platform specifically. Actually the same goes for our work we do extending our great properties to other media such as tv series and films for example. As we seen with TLOU in HBO or the GT film, that brought new players to our franchises as well.
"

Meaning, Totoki and Hermen don't consider Lego Horizon a "tentpole" title, but instead a "transformative" (if GaaS or if like Helldivers focuses on coop despible also being playable single player) or more likely, an "experimental" title because it's a lower budget/scale title, they are trying a new team, a game type, are trying to find new audiences, etc.

So in the future they can launch anything on multiple platforms, as long as they see it as "experimental" or "transformative"...

Sounds a lot like Phil Spencer bullshit and what their apologists say when believing his lies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So in the future they can launch anything on multiple platforms, as long as they see it as "experimental" or "transformative"...

Sounds a lot like Phil Spencer bullshit and what their apologists say when believing his lies.
Just don't take these weird "explanations" as true... Sony's never said anything about Lego Horizon being this "experiemental" part.
The actual truth is that Lego Horizon for more that people are in denial is a 3rd-party multiplatform game that this time used the Sony licensed IP as theme.

And as part of the deal Sony weighted on Xbox platform being excluded but maybe didn't care about PC or Switch because Sony don't consider them competitors.
So if Sony didn't weighted on contract to exclude others platforms outside Xbox then Lego Horizon will be released in all others platforms Lego games releases.

Because that is what Lego do.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Previews are out

I feel like previews should have their own threads, tbh. 🤔

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
  • Unreal Engine 5.
  • Ray tracing.
  • 2 modes Performance (60fps) & Fidelity (30fps).
  • 7-8h to complete.
  • No cross-play.
  • Up to 2-player online and couch co-op.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
  • Unreal Engine 5.
  • Ray tracing.
  • 2 modes Performance (60fps) & Fidelity (30fps).
  • 7-8h to complete.
  • No cross-play.
  • Up to 2-player online and couch co-op.
TTGames migrated to Unreal Engine over their own proprietary one.
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga was the last game using NTT Engine (it was actually the only one because before they used the NXG Engine).
At time they said future titles will use Unreal Engine.