Lego Horizon to be day one on PC & PS5

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If this ends being real, it would be the codenamed "Horizon online", the MP GaaS we oficially know Guerrilla is working on (since 2018) in addition to Horizon 3.

The strategy would be the same as always, some -as could be this one- MP GaaS get released day one on PC. While SP non-GaaS games would stay exclusive to PS at least for a couple year since its original release.

Totoki said they won't release new titles of their top selling blockbuster series during this FY, meaning that if this game is real wouldn't be released this FY.
No 🤦‍♂️ the Horizon multiplayer game is the one being made by NCSoft… How are you the PlayStation “expert” and know nothing about PlayStation.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
  • Nvidia leak was real ✅
  • Playstation will see their console sales falter due to PC ports and lack of games ✅
  • They will also miss their sales targets ✅ (18.3% last year)
  • The fictitious 2 year window will decrease ✅ (GoW Ragnarok)
  • Their GaaS strategy fucked their pipeline ✅ (TLOU Online, Spider-Man Online, etc, all cancelled)
  • Some games will be released day and date ✅ (Until Dawn, Lego Horizon)
From this moment onwards anybody that calls us Doomers and says we're wrong has to be taking the piss.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
  • Nvidia leak was real ✅
  • Playstation will see their console sales falter due to PC ports and lack of games ✅
  • They will also miss their sales targets ✅ (18.3% last year)
  • The fictitious 2 year window will decrease ✅ (GoW Ragnarok)
  • Their GaaS strategy fucked their pipeline ✅ (TLOU Online, Spider-Man Online, etc, all cancelled)
  • Some games will be released day and date ✅ (Until Dawn, Lego Horizon)
From this moment onwards anybody that calls us Doomers and says we're wrong has to be taking the piss.

Can we all agree that if they don't hit or surpass the 18 million consoles sold target this year, that PC ports and lack of real exclusives have definitely hurt the platform and its future potential?

The thing is, this is now very hard to turn around and the only way I could see of having meaningful effect is by buying shares in a group and participating in the Q&A ourselves.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Imagine using Lego game as proof that all first party is coming day and date.
😂😂😂 your heads still in the sand

5 years from now - “imagine caring that others can play TLOU3 day 1”

10 years from now - “imagine caring that PlayStation is dead, PC and Nintendo are just as good”

15 years from now - “damn I miss all the great games Sony used to make, I wish they never died 😢

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Can we all agree that if they don't hit or surpass the 18 million consoles sold target this year, that PC ports and lack of real exclusives have definitely hurt the platform and its future potential?

The thing is, this is now very hard to turn around and the only way I could see of having meaningful effect is by buying shares in a group and participating in the Q&A ourselves.

It certainly will hurt console sales. Now everyone knows you can just wait a year or two to get PlayStation Games on PC.

You have to remember that shareholders only care about immediate profits, so this decision wasnt made thinking about the PlayStation console long term, same thing with Xbox.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

I find that even meeting the 18M target is a failure considering that XBS is selling less than XBO, the Switch is at the end of its life, and the PS4 sold 19M launch aligned.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
You have to remember that shareholders only care about immediate profits, so this decision wasnt made thinking about the PlayStation console long term, same thing with Xbox.
It seems to me that the auctioneers may not even demand anything and not understand the situation.

If we look back at the history of CDPR and CP2077, it was the management that was responsible for the failure, and they forced the release of an unfinished game for the sake of bonuses and to cover up past mistakes (they started an expensive marketing campaign and postponed the release several times, even though they knew that the game was not doing well). Investors, on the other hand, suggested postponing the release date.

So we have a couple of options for why Sony got into the shit, and it's possible that they're both true.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Looks like another game that won't count for the list war 😅

Not getting it anymore. I wasn't that interested anyway.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Whats the difference between this and that online Horizon game?

Does Hermen really believe Horizon franchise is this good?

Madness.
The fact that Guerrilla Games had a roof from Uncle Ryan, and now the studio is under the patronage of Daddy Hulst.

Some get the resources for a whole set of releases under their IP, including high-profile marketing, while others get crumbs and even project cancellations (hello Days Gone 2).

The recent stories that Bend Studio was given money for a new IP are still at the level of rumors.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I find that even meeting the 18M target is a failure considering that XBS is selling less than XBO, the Switch is at the end of its life, and the PS4 sold 19M launch aligned.

Yeah, I was just being kind. If I was being real about it, nothing less than 20 million is acceptable and everything should be done to exceed it.

They don't seem to understand the console cycle anymore, where you get the consoles sold as fast as possible in the first half of the gen even if you must lose some money but then profit a lot from the huge customer base in the last few years.

Reactions: Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Inappropriate language
Simon Larouche (Guardians of the Galaxy, Rainbow Six Siege, Killzone 2 MP director) has been directing the Horizon Online Project since 6 years and a half, which is one one of the two officially known projects (the other being the 3rd Horizon SP game) that we know Guerrilla is developing. And have been hiring live producers, meaning pretty likely is GaaS. We know Guerrilla wanted to include coop to Horizon since the first game, so very likely that game is coop.

As far as we know NC Soft is apparently making a Horizon mobile (+PC) MMORPG game. So if this Lego Horizon game is real and is Guerrilla's Horizon Online, pretty likely NC Soft's mobile MMORPG would be a different game.

No 🤦‍♂️ the Horizon multiplayer game is the one being made by NCSoft… How are you the PlayStation “expert” and know nothing about PlayStation.
Learn to behave like a decent, respectful human being or shut the fuck up, you disgusting troll.

The fact that Guerrilla Games had a roof from Uncle Ryan, and now the studio is under the patronage of Daddy Hulst.

Some get the resources for a whole set of releases under their IP, including high-profile marketing, while others get crumbs and even project cancellations (hello Days Gone 2).

The recent stories that Bend Studio was given money for a new IP are still at the level of rumors.
Bend was oficially confirmed to be working on an open world new IP a year or two ago. It's a Sony studio, so their games are obviously funded by Sony. And it's a AAA game, so it has a AAA budget level.

Days Gone 2 pitch was blocked by internal Bend bosses before being sent to PS Studios. According to the game directors of Days Gone Bend never pitched a Days Gone sequel and instead their first post DG pitch was the new IP they are working on.

Horizon sold way more than Days Gone, so they did put way more money to grow the Horizon studio than the Days Gone studio. Guerrilla has been working in up to 3 games at the same time:

The mainline Horizon games plus Horizon Online and codeveloped/supported Horizon CoM at the same time. Plus overviewed the PC ports and the mobile game.

As far as we know, Bend instead still only works on a single game at the same time: after Days Gone Bend did some post launch content, the PC port (or assisted on it), and until they got their new IP greenlighted they did support on an unannounced Uncharted spinoff (which may or may not be cancelled) and in TLOU Online.

Last edited:
  • sad
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Funny that you mention this when Guerrilla had lay-offs recently while Bend was still hiring.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Whats the difference between this and that online Horizon game?

Does Hermen really believe Horizon franchise is this good?

Madness.

Considering wer have three released titles, one being announced tomorrow with two more in the work, safe to say he loves the franchise way too much

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Learn to behave like a decent, respectful human being or shut the fuck up, you disgusting troll.
What an animal. You lie constantly, insult others, and get no punishment. Fantastic.

As far as we know NC Soft is apparently making a Horizon mobile (+PC) MMORPG game. So if this Lego Horizon game is real and is Guerrilla's Horizon Online, pretty likely NC Soft's mobile MMORPG would be a different game.
The "leak" literally says this is not multiplayer but has microtransactions. So again, if that's correct, you're WRONG.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer