Major Gaming Reviewers Have Not Received Forspoken Review Codes

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Forspoken is a brand-new title from Square Enix that is launching as a console exclusive for the PlayStation 5. Fans have typically come to expect a certain level of quality from games associated with PlayStation, but the recent news surrounding Forspoken has many concerned about the upcoming release.

Some video game reviewers and journalists have now reported that they have not received any review codes from Square Enix for their upcoming title Forspoken, raising some red flags for the game.

Andy Robinson, the owner of VGC, just confirmed in a tweet that they won’t be publishing an early review of the game because of a lack of review codes.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Wow. Even Windows Central got declined. What a shitshow. Can't wait for this game to tank hard and teach them a lesson. Good, that's what you get for making a shit game running in an ancient engine that makes it look like a ps3 title.l and that attempts to chase the SJW crowd.

I hope it gets hit with s ton of 60s.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wow. Even Windows Central got declined. What a shitshow. Can't wait for this game to tank hard and teach them a lesson. Good, that's what you get for making a shit game running in an ancient engine that makes it look like a ps3 title.l and that attempts to chase the SJW crowd.

I hope it gets hit with s ton of 60s.

I for one would rate it 10/10. I've seen some smaller publications give that score to mediocre games, so why not?

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
''major'' 😂

skill up : didn't heard, can't confirm but anyone i put it there. his whole message sounds like a clown.

xbot sites and people sounds so butthurt. hey, don't cry, you have 2 years till your review will be relevant.
These people make more than you would ever will or have in your life. Don't be jelly. I would cry too if I was like you, but thankfully I am not :)

Since when is VGC an Xbox site by the way and since when is Skill Up a xbot? Lol

Pretty sure 882k Subscribers for YouTube channel is pretty major. How many do you have ? Oh wait you probably spend too much time at Jim Ryan's house.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Satoru

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I wonder if half the animosity in this thread comes from folks simply resenting Square for having such a close relationship with Playstation.
Well, I read around some "hope they teach them a lesson" comments, which does raise questions about ethics. It's not like websites never review bomb or inflate scores out of loyalty to certain publishers or manufacturers. 🤷‍♂️

And for the record, I'm not particularly interested in this game.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
I wonder if half the animosity in this thread comes from folks simply resenting Square for having such a close relationship with Playstation.
Nah, it's just mostly people who think they know what they are talking about and are jealous of others who are in superior positions.

Here is a good life quote that summarizes majority of certain people on this forum.

"They don't respect you at the bottom.
They ignore you in the middle.
Then they hate you when you get to the top.
You'll never have everyone's approval, so it's best to focus on your own."

P.S. Sony needs to hurry and buy Square.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Well, I read around some "hope they teach them a lesson" comments, which does raise questions about ethics. It's not like websites never review bomb or inflate scores out of loyalty to certain publishers or manufacturers. 🤷‍♂️

And for the record, I'm not particularly interested in this game.
You are obviously talking about me so I am just gonna go straight to the point.

The game is being marketed towards a certain crowd. Same thing happened too Saints Row. They were too worried about certain individuals too much but the game was a buggy shit show. We gave it a 6 out of 10.

I even had some people DM me who used to work Deep Silver the publisher that published the new Saints Row. They told me when they saw what was happening to the franchise that he quit and went elsewhere And they were happy with the score that our publication gave them. The developers were ignoring feedback and doing what they thought was right. These SJW cunts drive everyone off.

Volition was even telling their fans to fuck off on Twitter. Now it bit them in the ass. So yeah fuck them.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Nah, it's just mostly people who think they know what they are talking about and are jealous of others who are in superior positions.

Here is a good life quote that summarizes majority of certain people on this forum.

"They don't respect you at the bottom.
They ignore you in the middle.
Then they hate you when you get to the top.
You'll never have everyone's approval, so it's best to focus on your own."

P.S. Sony needs to hurry and buy Square.
eh, I personally wouldn't make assumptions about people's income over disagreements about a video game on either side.

I think the Square acquisition happens if abk goes through.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
eh, I personally wouldn't make assumptions about people's income over disagreements about a video game on either side.

I think the Square acquisition happens if abk goes through.
Square should happen regardless. Idk why Sony never bought them. Square has been carrying Sony since the PS1 days.

• haha
Reactions: Satoru

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
An article mentioning this situation made an update stating that some outlets have gotten codes for what it's worth.

Screenshot_20230120_111353_Chrome.jpg

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm starting to get confused...

Is Forspoken woke or racist? Narration has been flip-flopping quickly to both sides.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

Nah, the game just looks mediocre, and this news only compounds that.

This feels like 2023's version of Babylon's Fall, but with a higher budget.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Comparing this to Babylon's Fall is pretty dumb. One is a live service mess with extremely low metascore and the other looks like it will just be average.

There's also folks who just look at this game as an opportunity to dunk on a Playstation console exclusive and paint a narrative before things like FF16, and Spider-Man 2 release.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023

I'll agree that this is a Mediocre game, but I will not agree thst its Babylons Fall levels of failure. Babylons Fall was virtually unplayable and was also a live service game. Silly comparison, that's like comparing apples to oranges.

Forspoken doesn't have MTX or any online components as far as I am aware, it's just a shit SJW driven single player game that belongs in the gutter.

Reactions: toadsage44