Major Gaming Reviewers Have Not Received Forspoken Review Codes

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Sjw Japanese game? Where this comes from. Listen to what you are saying.
I am so tired of these ultra negative narratives and wanting for this game to fail.
Play it first and give it an open minded chance.

If you get to play it with hate narrative, that’s what you will find.

I am super excited we are getting new single player ip
I think that's your answer. You are getting a new single player IP, and unfortunately some in this chat can not. It would explain some of the recent hate for Forspoken.

Me, I think the lack of codes going out is ringing alarm bells. Based on previous history in the past few years, lack of codes or codes with gifts tell us to be wary. Now it could be possible the company carefully selected those who give similar SE games high scores so it starts with a killer metacritic score.. or it could be to minimise damage. Either way it's fishy enough to wait for reviews to come out before making the jump.

Reactions: rofif

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Sjw Japanese game? Where this comes from. Listen to what you are saying.
I am so tired of these ultra negative narratives and wanting for this game to fail.
Play it first and give it an open minded chance.

If you get to play it with hate narrative, that’s what you will find.

I am super excited we are getting new single player ip

This. Elder Legend and many others clearly have an agenda.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I think that's your answer. You are getting a new single player IP, and unfortunately some in this chat can not. It would explain some of the recent hate for Forspoken.

Me, I think the lack of codes going out is ringing alarm bells. Based on previous history in the past few years, lack of codes or codes with gifts tell us to be wary. Now it could be possible the company carefully selected those who give similar SE games high scores so it starts with a killer metacritic score.. or it could be to minimise damage. Either way it's fishy enough to wait for reviews to come out before making the jump.
all major outlets got review codes.
they have nothing what to hide. they literally gave DEMO to everyone. and people who got early copies says that DEMO did diservice for the final game.

Reactions: rofif

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
they have nothing what to hide. they literally gave DEMO to everyone. and people who got early copies says that DEMO did diservice for the final game.

How do you know all major outlets got review codes ? VGC, Windows Central and a bunch of other sites which are open critic / meta critic certified websites don't have them.

And the 'people' you're talking about is one person on twitter who was talking about the amount of side quests in etc the final game, not the quality of the game or its content.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
What happened with that? I never heard about it.
didn't chart in the top 100 in NPD for the U.S, 0 copies sold in japan (Since it didn't release physicall there) and a remarkable 6% share of copies sold in the U.K. Those are the only concrete numbers we have.

It's not looking good.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
How do you know all major outlets got review codes ? VGC, Windows Central and a bunch of other sites which are open critic / meta critic certified websites don't have them.
Meta Critic certified? Like Stevivor? Is that some kind of glowing endorsement?

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Clearly SE doesn't seem to be very confident on a game that appears to be average at best - that much I agree on, but let's not try to give certain sites, especially ones such as Windows Central that are notorious for their bias and agenda, undue importance.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
So we only have only 3 named sites, VGC, Skillup and Windows Central. I heard there were loads.

VGC one is a bit weird, but the Andy Robinson one tweeted this one was rolling for some time. There must be behind the scenes drama.

Windows Central I understand when there is no Xbox version at the moment. Might as well complain you didn't get Splatoon 3 while you're at it.

I don't know who SkillUp is. Was SkillUp one of the lads with the questionable Cyberpunk reviews? That's my bar for YouTube reviewers. If owning a yellow chair and extremely positive launch day review (who cares about their opinion). If not, and they have decent number of followers then they should have a copy (if other similar Youtubers also have them).

i don't know any others so I'm guessing no Steveweiser as well. Why give a notoriously shit review score website a free copy to shit on you. Desperate for clicks and overuses the same shit score card for shock attention.

So which traditional large sites (your IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc of the world) don't have it?

D

Deleted member 417

Would anyone be surprised if codes/demos were held back from reviewers who were purposely going to review bomb the game because they were paid to do so? We know it happens, and has happened in the past

Reactions: arvfab

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

And the 'people' you're talking about is one person on twitter who was talking about the amount of side quests in etc the final game, not the quality of the game or its content.
Windows Central, a major outlet?

🤣🤣🤣

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
So we only have only 3 named sites, VGC, Skillup and Windows Central. I heard there were loads.

At least 7 could be more, it's not like every reviewer who didn't get a review copy is talking about it on twitter.

Meta Critic certified? Like Stevivor?

Windows Central, a major outlet?

Doesn't matter if you guys have personal disagreements with their reviews, they're websites who get counted on MC/OC aggregates, which many publishers base employee bonuses and success metrics on.

Would anyone be surprised if codes/demos were held back from reviewers who were purposely going to review bomb the game because they were paid to do so? We know it happens, and has happened in the past

TBF, Squars has good output in terms of # of gaems, but most of it has reviewed very poorly. Forspoken has a bigger budget than almost all these games combined so it makes more sense that Square are holding back reviews as long as possible so they can get the initial volley of sales out first.

a63723c04dc5f376c4374326c7e4ea7234d59bb3ffa554d123d6c7ce38a29d94.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
At least 7 could be more, it's not like every reviewer who didn't get a review copy is talking about it on twitter.

Doesn't matter if you guys have personal disagreements with their reviews, they're websites who get counted on MC/OC aggregates, which many publishers base employee bonuses and success metrics on.

TBF, Squars has good output in terms of # of gaems, but most of it has reviewed very poorly. Forspoken has a bigger budget than almost all these games combined so it makes more sense that Square are holding back reviews as long as possible so they can get the initial volley of sales out first.

Name the 4th. We see loads of reviewers didn't get a copy and it is the same 3 names. We are basing it off 2nd hand information from someone who didn't get a copy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Name the 4th. We see loads of reviewers didn't get a copy and it is the same 3 names. We are basing it off 2nd hand information from someone who didn't get a copy.

It's the same 3 names because those are the 3 who have tweeted by name, or the name of their outlet.

Anyway, to your point, Patrick Klepek also said they didn't get review copies at Waypoint / Vice gaming

164d8z.png

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

If you had the capacity to think, can you NOT figure out why sites that are known to DELIBERATELY give lower scores to Playstation exclusive games might not be given review codes anymore?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If you had the capacity to think, can you NOT figure out why sites that are known to DELIBERATELY give lower scores to Playstation exclusive games might not be given review codes anymore?

:ROFLMAO:

That's the whole point of the topic, Square are deliberately not giving review codes to outlets who may be critical and only giving them to favorable outlets to 'game' the meta scores at launch.

You're a part of the problem if you don't think that's scummy.