Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
consoles?
No. "PS5 doesn't even have Full RDNA 2.0. it will not be able to do ray tracing"
This is info stored in BVH instead of pre-baked objects ray tracing like MM.

Also the game used RT for global illumination as well.

Just imagine what they could do with proper hardware with BVH traversal, probably full path ray tracing at 30fps.

Combined with priorterary frame interpolation tech, 60fps full path tracing, technically some tradeoff but oh well

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
F8lITRjWAAAvhsg

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This is info stored in BVH instead of pre-baked objects ray tracing like MM.

Also the game used RT for global illumination as well.

Just imagine what they could do with proper hardware with BVH traversal, probably full path ray tracing at 30fps.

Combined with priorterary frame interpolation tech, 60fps full path tracing, technically some tradeoff but oh well
that's the future

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Will Montresor thank Sony brass for delivering us a 90+ MC title that dominates the cultural zeitgeist?
At least that puta Montresor made a copypasta meme

When The Last of Us Part I released earlier this year, it was critically panned, and had a sub-60 score on Metacritic. The game was missing a lot of the special Naughty Dog magic. A Jason Schreier exposé revealed a tumultuous and disastrous development cycle that led to a significant amount of Visual Arts Service Group staff leaving because of how Playstation leadership assigned the remake they had started working on to prove themselves to Naughty Dog instead.

And through all that, Playstation leadership rightfully took flak for The last of Us Part I's failures. Leadership should have intervened earlier in the game's development, to help Visual Arts Service Group and Naughty Dog steer the game towards a more positive path.

In a few days, through Playstation's keen stewardship, they will be releasing another game under the Playstation studios banner: Marvel's Spider-Man 2 by Insomniac Games. And the word around the grapevine is that for all intents and purposes, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 has benefited from an entire year of QA testing and polish, backed behind the full might of Playstation's resources. Today, we see something very special happen: Sony joining the likes of From Software and Nintendo in having a generation-defining, 90+ metacritic masterpiece that dominates the zeitgeist.

The reviews are out so we know for sure it happened, and I think Playstation leadership deserves credit for it, every bit as much as they deserved flak for The Last of Us Part I's shortcomings.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Returnal is so underrated. Reviewers played it safe with the 80 scores. This game is easily a 90+ score.
Yeah, I love the game. No idea why it couldnt hit 90. The Fud was you had to start from the start if you died, but that wasnt fully technically true. Once you finish a level, you could use shortcuts to go back. Also story items carried on after death

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, I love the game. No idea why it couldnt hit 90. The Fud was you had to start from the start if you died, but that wasnt fully technically true. Once you finish a level, you could use shortcuts to go back. Also story items carried on after death
New ips. Just look how ghost and death stranding got bumped by ps5 versions