Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Now it is! I remember all the gentrification happening and alot of ppl came from out there and they had tht real sjw thinking. Even my workplace is full of ppl not from here and they all think the same.
Yeah, robots, that's what i call them, fucking robots.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
C'mon, not every damn posts are about it. But can you link some special ones? :D
I mean there are several posts like that when the game was at 91 with over 90 reviews already...

"Too many 8s already, 0% this stays 90+ meta."
"I expect it to be similar to Horizon where it settles at the exact score and land at a 87."

But to link one... in the last page...

There is one that was mad and called IGN a joke because they give Starfield 7 and Spider-man 8 like how can Spider scores higher than Starfield.
I don't remember the exactly quote but it is there too.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Funny thing about that Reddit meme is it’s actually a compliment. Even if green rats and trolls don’t want it in to be. Insomniac has been invaluable to Playstation and their output this generation has been beyond master class. Sony only paid 229M for them and their worth is many times more than that. Can’t say the same for other companies who have spent billions and the only outcome is dud game after dud game. So all they are doing with that meme, if they indeed are trying to be trollish with it, is showing how good Sony is at managing their games and how good Insomniac are at game development and game output.

Of course Insomniac isn’t the only first party studio releasing games on PS5. A lot of Sony’s studios have released PS5 games since PS5 launched. As been shown in this picture.

Square is 3rd party but it’s still a PS5 exclusive and they’ll be first party soon enough 😉

F8lITRjWAAAvhsg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Funny thing about that Reddit meme is it’s actually a compliment. Even if green rats and trolls don’t want it in to be. Insomniac has been invaluable to Playstation and their output this generation has been beyond master class. Sony only paid 229M for them and their worth is many times more than that. Can’t say the same for other companies who have spent billions and the only outcome is dud game after dud game. So all they are doing with that meme, if they indeed are trying to be trollish with it, is showing how good Sony is at managing their games and good Insomniac are at game development and game output.

Of course Insomniac isn’t the only first party studios releasing games on PS5. A lot of Sony’s studios have released PS5 games since PS5 launched. As been shown in this picture.

Square is 3rd party but it’s still a PS5 exclusive and they’ll be first party soon enough 😉
B b b ut....

Sony was not delivering on PS5 this year.
MS had several first-party games...

F8kyywjXQAAYe95

MiyazakiLovesKojima

IGN’s 8 seems low for the high praise the actual review gives. I feel like people are used to their scores not making sense though.
The 8/10 from IGN & GS is a double-edged sword:

1) It protects them & Spider-Man 2 from accusations of "pLaYsTaTiOn bIaS" by the Xbots.

2) It underrates a genuinely great game from achieving GOTG status.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Still holding 91 on opencritic to with 91 reviews. Some of the big guys are definitely holding back their scores for whatever reason. There is absolutely no way all these smaller sites are giving 9 or 10's but the more well known ones don't see this as anything higher then an 8.
So it’s just like Starfield. The smaller sites loved it while the big sites were kinda meh on it. With Spider Man 2, the bigger sites seem to think it’s just good, while the smaller sites think it’s GOTY quality and a GOAT Super hero game.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
ERA hopping to drop to below 90 even after 119 reviews is weird.
I mean the chances are very slim like it needs like several scores in yellow zone (something that didn't happen once in 119 reviews).

I think there are more 15-20 reviews max to be added in the long run.
We still have sites like Stevivor (who is an Xbox fanboy), Jim Sterling who can be harsh, and Edge who can be unpredictable that have yet to be added.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Im talking about gamespot and ign, it's clear they're afraid of getting death threats from xbox fanboys if they review spiderman higher.
I don’t think Gamespot loves PS exclusives. I can’t remember the last time they gave one higher than a 9.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We still have sites like Stevivor (who is an Xbox fanboy), Jim Sterling who can be harsh, and Edge who can be unpredictable that have yet to be added.

Edge don't like anything mainstream, expect a 6-7.

They are predictable if you know how they think.... artsy / nintendo = amazing. Everything else... meh.