Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Indiwire’s review:

“Sony’s Brilliant Video Game Sequel Understands Spidey Better Than the MCU Ever Has”

“so intelligently conceived and absurdly well-polished that it often seems revolutionary just by dint of how spectacular it feels to play, this blockbuster follow-up to 2018’s “Spider-Man” — and 2020’s Miles Morales-centered spinoff — soars above so much of its competition because of how relentlessly it confronts you with the fact that virtually no one could be Spider-Man. Or maybe it’s because the game pretty much allows you to fly around New York from the moment it starts. That’s pretty cool, too.”

“this massive steel playground is also home to one of the most purely enjoyable open-world games ever made”

“ Thanks to the fluidity of the controls, the addictiveness of the sidequests, and the ecstasy of the various combat and traversal mechanics that “Spider-Man 2” either refines or introduces into the franchise, anything you actually choose to do as Spider-Man comes at the temporary expense of 10 other things you might wish you were doing at the same time.”

“ The bliss of actually wanting to do everything available to you perfectly aligns with the moral compass of a superhero who accepts his privilege as an obligation.”

“ It’s a game about the agonies of striking the right work/life balance, and it’s such an addictive time-suck that Spider-Man’s problem soon becomes your own.”

“ While that balance continues to defy what’s possible in even a mega-budgeted AAA game like this one, Insomniac manages to achieve it in virtually every other regard. Combat is a treat from start to finish”

“ Everything blends together with a rare sense of purpose”

“ A quantum leap forward for its franchise”

wtf-gif-7.gif
This don't sound like an 83…..

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I think behind the scene Metacritic knows where the final score of a game will fall. I just can't fathom the idea of Spider Man 2 falling out of the 90 range when prior Metacritic tweeted that the game is 91 with and this is the most important part, 100 plus reviews in and slapping that certified Metacritic Must Play on as well. Metacritic would lose so much credibility. So many people took that tweet as confirmation that Spider Man 2 was staying in the 90s. Opencritic is looking like the better site since I guess their score is determined only by the score that is given by the outlet rather than who the outlet is.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Non scored reviews on Metacritic stay non scored... that is how it is from some years (maybe decade?) already... before that Metacritic indeed added scores to non scored reviews.
That FAQ line is old from when Metacritic used to give scores based in what they read for non scored reviews.
That is not how it works nowdays.

C'mon.

Edit - Well evidence to shut up you again.

Their documentation states otherwise, and it was updated 5 months ago.

Cope and seethe

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You know posting evidences just shows how dumb you are lol

Meta doesn't give unscored scores since they started to show unscored reviews in the site 🤷‍♂️

PJuRnDU.png

The evidence - The article was not only updated 5 months ago, that's when it was created! Fucking amazing 😂. These lads likely set up their help center this year and added fresh new articles.

The website shows the "5 months" as the date it was edited_at. The updated at could mean other shenanigans internally, even a tiny change, which would not reflect there.

You're welcome.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PJuRnDU.png

The evidence - The article was not only updated 5 months ago, that's when it was created! Fucking amazing 😂. These lads likely set up their help center this year and added fresh new articles.

The website shows the "5 months" as the date it was edited_at. The updated at could mean other shenanigans internally, even a tiny change, which would not reflect there.

You're welcome.
Meta doesn't give unscored scores since they started to show unscored reviews in the site 🤷‍♂️
The text in the site you quoted is very old.

Like I said you just looks dumb doing that.

5 months ago was when Metacritic created the new site.
That text come from the old site.

Beaten again lol
Waybackmachine have the same text since 2010 lol

Edit - Come back to reply? I think you are not shamed enough?

image-2023-10-18-193523509.png

I TOLD YOU THE TEXT IS OLD.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes and the Metacritic list non scored review that makes the support having outdated info.

About the site scores the Metacritic probably uses a 13 score choices.

100 A
91 A-
83 B+
75 B
67 B-
59 C+
50 C
42 C-
34 D+
26 D
18 D-
9 E+
1 E

Probably there are some round in the middle of them to +1 or -1 to match the E being 1.
It is weird but that is the math behind the scores.

Edit - Because the IndieWare submits the grade (A to E) and not the number (1 to 100)... Metacritic do the conversion with a similar table I posted.
Just a correction here... I forget the A-F grade have only five letter A, B, C, D and F.

100 A
91 A-
83 B+
75 B
67 B-
58 C+
50 C
42 C-
33 D+
25 D
17 D-
9 F+
0 F

image-2023-10-18-194310567.png

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Screenshot-20231019-003317-Chrome.jpg

Metacritic replied me
So the ranked page is wrong... not the score.
After the fix if the ranked page shows Spider-man 2 close to 91 instead 89 like now then it makes sense a 8x score added to drop the score from 91 to 90 if it was already near the 90 range.

Reactions: Puff

TaySan

5 Sep 2022
if it wasn’t for Mario and Alan Wake coming so soon i would pick this up day 1. Not the biggest super hero fan but i enjoyed the original enough to pick this up on sale.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
First, make a claim pretending you know it all:

Then, be thoroughly debunked:

Then you try and claim official information (where have I seen this before in the past few days) is outdated / incorrect:

Get thoroughly destroyed again by someone with a functional brain that actually comes up with what is likely the most reasonable answer:

The option? To continue discrediting official, recently updated info, while confirming what the user before said and, by consequence, confirming that it's pretty much not the website, but Metacritic themselves, that decides the score (based on the criterion established before):
Ethomaz 101

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
if it wasn’t for Mario and Alan Wake coming so soon i would pick this up day 1. Not the biggest super hero fan but i enjoyed the original enough to pick this up on sale.

Yeah personally I’m waiting for the next installment of among us dlc. You seem to be an expert at this game considering your contributions to dpads drama thread.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Were you and Dod more friendly on GAF or you were always fighting like here 😅
I was not fighting…
I said something right and he stated to pick up on that so I got to show him facts.

I don’t know who is Dod at all… neither here or GAF.
To be fair I only remember some of you guys like Bryan, Fish, etc… these that have the same nickname… these that changed I don’t know who was in GAF :D

Talking about GAF I believe I reply more here than I did on GAF but that is due I having more time to read.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
IGN is the cause of all of this mess. Playing politics for the sake of it. They ranked Spiderman 2 as the best Spiderman game on the same day they gave it an 8...

I wish some devs were as petty as me to call their bluff out publicly.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I was not fighting…
I said something right and he stated to pick up on that so I got to show him facts.

I don’t know who is Dod at all… neither here or GAF.
Satoru was Dodrake until last month here on Icon. He was Dod on GAF so I thought you guys had a long history 🫠

IGN is the cause of all of this mess. Playing politics for the sake of it. They ranked Spiderman 2 as the best Spiderman game on the same day they gave it an 8...

I wish some devs were as petty as me to call their bluff out publicly.
IGN, Gamespot and Eurogamer have more "weight" I guess that's why the score dropped so fast and won't go higher than 91 😡