Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
Yeah, someone else in that thread corrected them and mentioned that those were old.
I read your username asshunter the first time now i'm sad it isn't.
Sad Rain GIF by WE tv

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Holding a 90 with 129 reviews is still extremely impressive.... Spider-Man had 119 reviews in the first 6 hours, Mario Wonder is still at only 80 reviews over 24 hours later.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Cyberpunk 2077, or TLOUP is an isolated case, it happens once in 10,000 times.

99% of multiplatform games are identical on PC, Play and Xbox. Take Call of Duty, Battlefield or GTA for example : they're the same game.

So there's no point in having different scores, except to fuel the console wars.

You would have told me that the Switch has different versions than the others, that's truer.
Different scores for different platforms is justified when there are performance differences, but most publishers will only send the best-performing version to reviewers, hence shit like Skyrim getting 9s and 10s on PS3 when it was so broken that a lot of people couldn't even play it before the first patch.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Different scores for different platforms is justified when there are performance differences, but most publishers will only send the best-performing version to reviewers, hence shit like Skyrim getting 9s and 10s on PS3 when it was so broken that a lot of people couldn't even play it before the first patch.
Reviewers are selective asf about perf and big issues hence Souls ganes never getting docked for them, as you mebtioned Bethesda games and others but then thyll go berserk and dick points to games such as Days Gone and Driveclub. It's disgusting and sad.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
😂😂😂

I told you the FAQ was old and you didn’t believe and keep posting.
Now you created suck a shameless excuse to your own ignorance 😂😂😂

Next time just accept somebody know what he was talking about.

Just because you lied about what I said, and tried to publicly humiliate me, have fun with the following response from Metacritic themselves:

oRYJvq8.png

I'm expecting a public apology.

Edit: Still waiting @ethomaz

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

1279405.gif

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So there's no point in having different scores, except to fuel the console wars.
If you reviewed the game on a low\mid range PC or on the xbox series S... yes there are good reasons why it may feel different, or look kind of blurry and drop more frames here and there at the very least.

Same last gen, many games were less enjoyable on the xbone vs the PS4, like every generation before, there are better versions of each games.

If a PC version comes with problems with come configurations (performance, frame pacing, etc.) or DRM breaks it, well it makes the game less enjoyable too.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
image.png

If you reviewed the game on a low\mid range PC or on the xbox series S... yes there are good reasons why it may feel different, or look kind of blurry and drop more frames here and there at the very least.

Same last gen, many games were less enjoyable on the xbone vs the PS4, like every generation before, there are better versions of each games.

If a PC version comes with problems with come configurations (performance, frame pacing, etc.) or DRM breaks it, well it makes the game less enjoyable too.
it's still the same game except for a few pixels.
It's a far cry from a case like Crysis PC vs Crysis PS3/360 or the Switch versions vs the others, where the difference is quite obvious.
Overall the PS, Xbox and PC versions are almost all the same.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
image.png

it's still the same game except for a few pixels.
It's a far cry from a case like Crysis PC vs Crysis PS3/360 or the Switch versions vs the others, where the difference is quite obvious.
Overall the PS, Xbox and PC versions are almost all the same.
Same game, FAR from the same experience, and reviews are supposed to speak to the experience, not ignore it to simply review the content.