Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Seatwarmers being hired to fulfill diversity quotas, I say 💅
You have beautiful nails

serious cat GIF

• haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
So we need like 2 more 10's to get it back to 91?
Its not a 7/10 game. End of day the game launched above 90, so meta and opencritic did its job and help highlight the game just before it went on sale.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Does angry joe review counts

Dude have way more viewers than some of these obscure websites

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
24 Jun 2022
So I took a look at the Super Mario Wonder reviews to see how many sites with "Nintendo" in their name were in the 90+ range. I counted five; however, the game's score has fluctuated between 92 and 93 on MC and currently sits at the latter.

Wanna know who two of the 100 scores come from? Nintenderos and MyNintendoNews. However, FWIW there are 24 100 scoring reviews for the game there. Spiderman 2 has 29 100 scores. However, the total amount of scores is, clearly, favoring Super Mario Wonder 2 because they have much less in terms of total reviews. Basically, more than 25% of Wonder's scores are 100s, but Wonder has over 50 reviews less than Spiderman 2.

I just thought it was interesting to show the differences and also show, yet again, how once a game like Wonder has so many 100s locked in, having a generally lower volume of actual reviews helps them keep their scores high vs. something like Spiderman 2 which already has more total reviews than the first game. MC is inherently flawed as a system, but at least more people seem to be realizing that now.

Maybe...

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So I took a look at the Super Mario Wonder reviews to see how many sites with "Nintendo" in their name were in the 90+ range. I counted five; however, the game's score has fluctuated between 92 and 93 on MC and currently sits at the latter.

Wanna know who two of the 100 scores come from? Nintenderos and MyNintendoNews. However, FWIW there are 24 100 scoring reviews for the game there. Spiderman 2 has 29 100 scores. However, the total amount of scores is, clearly, favoring Super Mario Wonder 2 because they have much less in terms of total reviews. Basically, more than 25% of Wonder's scores are 100s, but Wonder has over 50 reviews less than Spiderman 2.

I just thought it was interesting to show the differences and also show, yet again, how once a game like Wonder has so many 100s locked in, having a generally lower volume of actual reviews helps them keep their scores high vs. something like Spiderman 2 which already has more total reviews than the first game. MC is inherently flawed as a system, but at least more people seem to be realizing that now.

Maybe...
Yep, it's harder to keep scores high the more reviews come in. "Negative" scores simply affect a score average more than a positive one does (for, what should be, obvious reasons).

Are there any pro playstation sites with high reviews? I honestly don't know of any dedicated Nintendo or Sony sites, I just hear about the Xbox ones. I also couldn't care less about any of them. :p

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023

Maybe...
TOTK has 85 perfect scores but is still rated lower than BOTW, and no one is complaining about that.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The consensus seems to be that it has so many high scores that even with a couple of lower ones it won't drop below 90. Lol at noisy pixel for parroting the Xbox fanboy "glitch-filled" talking point.
I told y’all Xbox fanboys have been working hard to paint this game as worse than Redfall and it’s working. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤡

No one who’s actually played the game would ever claim it’s in an “inexcusable state”