Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 will get?

• 45-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

• 60-65%

• 70-75%

• 75-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 90-96%

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023
_

Metacritic score system is a very elitist. They favor the more powerful and known websites over the smaller ones. While opencritic gives all websites an even voice.
Opencritic has "Top critic" non "Top critic" gradation and the latter doesn't count into the aggregate.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Honest question - why would you go through the trouble of doing this?
I’m not gonna bother emailing them but I do feel bad for all the developers that were finally happy about getting a 90+ game. I know it’s still gonna be an amazing game but it would be disappointing to see all their hard work not be properly recognized just because of dumb reasons.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms and PS_ROCKS

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
image.png

but the 95/100 from famitsu they still haven't added.
Is famitsu on Metacritic. I checked and couldn’t find them.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Agreed

Tom Warren’s Verge and Stevivor ready to give it 7/10 and say “good game but too much of the same” 😂😂😂
Stevivor actually likes Insomniac games. He even gave Ragnarok a 9 last year. But we’ll see, he’s another one who’s unpredictable.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

not found on meta

Reactions: Say1nMan

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just so we're clear, this is a lie. I never said the text was created in May 2023, I said the ARTICLE was updated/ created on that date.

You have been reported to the moderation. You can be right and I can be wrong, but you will not put words on my keyboard.

I give up.
😂😂😂

I told you the FAQ was old and you didn’t believe and keep posting.
Now you created suck a shameless excuse to your own ignorance 😂😂😂

Next time just accept somebody know what he was talking about.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Gives more weight to some sites than others.
Lack of transparency on how the average is calculated.
Put more reviews for Sony games, less for Nintendo and much less for Microsoft.
Giving different ratings to cross-platform games (even though they're 99% the same on PlayStation, Xbox and PC).

With the Metacritic system, everything is skewed.
I agree with the the first parts.

But the bolded is not true.
Games trends to be different across platforms in special PC compared with consoles.

I should not give the same score for a game on PC and consoles… so separated averages makes sense.

The way OpenCritic do blind the platform issues and that is something they can improve.

A big example is Cyberpunk that should never had an average combined… it should have an average for PC and another for consoles.

But I can give recent examples… TLOU Part 1 should have different averages for PC and PS5 too.

That is an opinion of course.

Swtich and Series S versions of multiplatform games should have it own average too… they are very limited compared to big consoles and PC.

Metacritic do a better job separating reviews by platform.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
I agree with the the first parts.

But the bolded is not true.
Games trends to be different across platforms in special PC compared with consoles.

I should not give the same score for a game on PC and consoles… so separated averages makes sense.

The way OpenCritic do blind the platform issues and that is something they can improve.

A big example is Cyberpunk that should never had an average combined… it should have an average for PC and another for consoles.

But I can give recent examples… TLOU Part 1 should have different averages for PC and PS5 too.

That is an opinion of course.

Swtich and Series S versions of multiplatform games should have it own average too… they are very limited compared to big consoles and PC.

Metacritic do a better job separating reviews by platform.
Cyberpunk 2077, or TLOUP is an isolated case, it happens once in 10,000 times.

99% of multiplatform games are identical on PC, Play and Xbox. Take Call of Duty, Battlefield or GTA for example : they're the same game.

So there's no point in having different scores, except to fuel the console wars.

You would have told me that the Switch has different versions than the others, that's truer.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

99% of multiplatform games are identical on PC, Play and Xbox. Take Call of Duty, Battlefield or GTA for example : they're the same game.

So there's no point in having different scores, except to fuel the console wars.

This also applies to digital foundry, their channel is mostly pointless, all it does is fuel console wars..... "wow this game runs at 1842p on series x and 1800p on ps5 😳!!! 120fps on ps5 and 117fps on series x 😳" It was funny at first because of Xbox power marketing, but 3 years later the differences are so negligible for most games it's not even worth acknowledging

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I still disagree.

Using your examples… CoD on PC is different from the consoles… Battlefield games even have different player count in PC… GTA the same.

Most multiplatform games give you different game experiences on PC so if you review a PC version you can’t say you will get the same on PS5/Series X… and you won’t get the same on Series S or Swtich.

I agree with what you say related to PS5 and Series X… in the case 99% of the multiplatform games will be similar with very few exceptional cases.

It is not like Movies where basically you display the same across platforms.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
PushSquare has been super negative about Sony all generation and were somewhat in favor of MS buying Activision. Not sure what caused them to turn on PlayStation so hard, maybe they're mad about Wired magazine being the first ones to get to cover the PS5 at the start of the gen instead of them.
Yup, they're an astroturfing site. Ever so slightly spin anything PS into a negative. Their comment sections are absolutely infested with MS corporate stooges.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PushSquare has been super negative about Sony all generation and were somewhat in favor of MS buying Activision. Not sure what caused them to turn on PlayStation so hard, maybe they're mad about Wired magazine being the first ones to get to cover the PS5 at the start of the gen instead of them.
Just inspect their owners and companies behind them 🙂

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
😂😂😂

I told you the FAQ was old and you didn’t believe and keep posting.
Now you created suck a shameless excuse to your own ignorance 😂😂😂

Next time just accept somebody know what he was talking about.
@ethomaz @Satoru

Ok guys I know we get caught up passionately in our gaming opinions but let's not distort truths or point fingers calling one person a liar over another. Let's just move on from this and respect each other's opinions more and acknowledge when we have made errors. I looked back and couldn't tell what was incorrect or not but thts besides the point. My statement stands.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
9 and 8

Looks like those are older reviews that have already been on MC for a little while.

Reactions: Gamernyc78