Marvel Spiderman 2 has sold more than 11m copies

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's a massive reduction in revenue... As games continue to cost more to develop you somehow think the answer is to reduce their cost?
Yup. In 4 months Spider-man 2018 sold 12.6 million copies. In the same span Spider-man 2 sold 10. 60 x12.6 > 70x10. Just the simple math.

Helldivers 2 sold 12 million on a $40 pricetag. It doesn't even sell half of that at $70. It would've been lucky to break 2m at $70.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yup. In 4 months Spider-man 2018 sold 12.6 million copies. In the same span Spider-man 2 sold 10. 60 x12.6 > 70x10. Just the simple math.

Helldivers 2 sold 12 million on a $40 pricetag. It doesn't even sell half of that at $70.

That only matters if you expect sales are going to stop in 4 months, but we know it isn't.

And helldivers will sell 100 million as a F2P, that doesn't mean you can't be flexible with the pricing models.

It's currently on sale for 50 dollars. Had it launched at 60, you couldn't do promotions without dropping it a similar amount to see a boost in sales.

When you consider the lifetime of the game, yes it certainly makes sense to launch for the highest realistic price point

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That only matters if you expect sales are going to stop in 4 months, but we know it isn't.

And helldivers will sell 100 million as a F2P, that doesn't mean you can't be flexible with the pricing models.

It's currently on sale for 50 dollars. Had it launched at 60, you couldn't do promotions without dropping it a similar amount to see a boost in sales.

When you consider the lifetime of the game, yes it certainly makes sense to launch for the highest realistic price point
Except you can and they did. That's why Spider-man sold over 22m LTD. The difference is that less initial buyers = less long tail momentum since long tail sales rely on word of mouth (maybe not spider-man since that's a gigantic IP). But with things like Horizon FW yes absolutely.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It could've sold 12.5m if it had been release on PC. :ROFLMAO:

DLSS, better RT, who wouldn't wait a few extra months for the PC release?
I don't think the improved RT really makes a difference on PC tbh. Sony's first party games are fairly close to the console version. Other than the ability to play at much higher framerates

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Except you can and they did. That's why Spider-man sold over 22m LTD. The difference is that less initial buyers = less long tail momentum since long tail sales rely on word of mouth (maybe not spider-man since that's a gigantic IP). But with things like Horizon FW yes absolutely.

Horizon dropped in sales because of PS+ the franchise is more popular than a lot of people want to recognize.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Close to what?? Ok that's just delusional to expect 20 million in 7 months lol.

It should be around 14 - 15 million
Tears of the Kingdom hit 20 million in March, presumably without even including digital sales.

I mention this only because there was a guy on here last year telling me that Spiderman 2 was gonna outsell it.

Reactions: Box

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Tears of the Kingdom hit 20 million in March, presumably without even including digital sales.

I mention this only because there was a guy on here last year telling me that Spiderman 2 was gonna outsell it.
That person was just delusional haha. The install base of the PS5 wouldn't allow that anyways. I do think Spiderman 2 sold well and shows the base of PS5 do spend money.... But Sony is being too bullish about no discounts this generation.

They have a storefront and can do flash sales or whatever, stop trying to be Nintendo

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sale started from today 😅. I'm tempted to finally buy Ronin but I feel ill get a better sale over the summer 🤔

I will wait until there is another Media Markt 3 for 2 promotion and get RotR and Stellar Blade if there is a 3rd interesting release by then.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Is everyone in this chat being sarcastic or what the hell is with these doomers comments pr just pc port begging

Reactions: Orangee

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I will wait until there is another Media Markt 3 for 2 promotion and get RotR and Stellar Blade if there is a 3rd interesting release by then.
isn't that basically the same price as the $50 sale?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
isn't that basically the same price as the $50 sale?

It depends on at what price the games are sold at that time. They usually (but not always) put the games prices higher, but sometimes Amazon and others sites counter them with some own offers.

I'm in no rush, maybe I will also wait for a cheap used copy.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

At the end of 2023, Nintendo had shipped 20.28 million units of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, which was absolutely impressive at the time. But three months later, this number hasn't increased by much, only by 330.000 copies to be exact, to 20.61 million.

I said what I said. Tears of kingdom was frontloaded and forgettable experience

Reactions: VillaiN

MiyazakiLovesKojima

God help me with some of these takes
Tears of kingdom was frontloaded and forgettable experience
giphy.gif

Reactions: Zzero