Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - PC Features Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm glad you brought that up. HFW got a few tweeks but not enough to make it look a generation ahead of the PC version running at MAX settings and native 4k. They got a local light rig on the main character but the lighting in the game didn't change. They adopted the advanced form of AO on the PC version on the new HFW version. Better animation (key frames) and a new water shader to cover the underwater FX. This wasn't apart of the first HZD because there wasn't underwater gameplay.

I didn't say it looked a generation ahead, I always said it looked better than PC maxed out. And it does, regardless of what tech is being showcased. It looks substantially improved.

So some things people will automatically think is a drastic engine change when all it is really is a change in assets and shaders.

And it still looks better.

It's not going to be like Metro last light with no RT and then full RT comparison. Those are night and day impacts to the graphics engine itself.

It doesn't need to be.

Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 13

I didn't say it looked a generation ahead, I always said it looked better than PC maxed out. And it does, regardless of what tech is being showcased. It looks substantially improved.
When HFW comes to PC, I'll do an analysis on it.

"Looks better" isn't going to be a means of arguing it. We have to look at what exactly looks better and why.

Reactions: Muddasar

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
When HFW comes to PC, I'll do an analysis on it.

"Looks better" isn't going to be a means of arguing it. We have to look at what exactly looks better and why.

It'll look better on PC maxed out when compared to the PS5 version, for sure.

Reactions: Muddasar
D

Deleted member 13

Ah. my point still stands, it will look better.
I see where you are going with this..

I See You GIF by HBO Max

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The trailer is very good, and the game looks great after all these years. I think it will sell very well, in the same way it did sell very well on PS.

I think the 32:9 feature is very cool, something that in PC someone could use it -if has a powerful enough PC to move it at a decent framerate- because many people has two 16:9 monitors.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No. I'm saying I'll do an analysis of HFW compared with HZD on PC. Same platform same settings.
That is given… HFW on PC will looks better than HZD on PC… there is zero doubt about that.

The point is HFW on PS5 looks better than HZD on PC and I agree with him.

HFW on PC will look better than HFW on PS5 that is another given.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PC is getting a good game if you like Spider-Man. It was also fun on PS4 when it released, and the PS5 updates were nice. It will still look better on a superior PC. Everyone gets to enjoy the game.

The end.

D

Deleted member 13

That is given… HFW on PC will looks better than HZD on PC… there is zero doubt about that.

The point is HFW on PS5 looks better than HZD on PC and I agree with him.

HFW on PC will look better than HFW on PC that is another given.
I can agree to that. But I want to know by how much. It's just my personal thing.

Reactions: ethomaz

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Ahm no. Digital foundry have shown that Series X and PS5 games can perform up to close to 2080 spec. Between 2060 super and 2070 super.

Better ray tracing yeah, Nvidia is miles ahead of AMD for now.
That's in extremely, extremely rare instances where the code on PC could be more tightly optimized. It's not performing like a 2070 Super or a 2080, it's performing like an overclocked 2060 under very optimized conditions.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
I'd start at the 2060, with an OC it's basically the baseline for a PS5 with better RT capability.
I know you are talking raytracing but in games that don't use it (like destiny 2) even a laptop gtx 1660m shits all over the consoles.

D

Deleted member 51

PC is getting a good game if you like Spider-Man. It was also fun on PS4 when it released, and the PS5 updates were nice. It will still look better on a superior PC. Everyone gets to enjoy the game.

The end.
One of the best posts in here. Who cares if you get to play it at, 30, 40, 60, 144hz? 16:9 or 32:9? Who cares if it came out 4 years ago, 2 years ago, or next summer? We all get to play and discuss the SAME game, right? I don't care if someone played it 2 years before me, and I'm sure they don't care if I get to play it in the highest settings.... Right?

Wish people understood that playing a game earlier vs best visual show case, doesn't take away from the game, at all. Some love the bragging points of getting the game a few years earlier, some love to brag about best quality, framerates, features. It's the same game guys, just different experience :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.