Marvel’s Wolverine PS5 Release Targeting Fall 2024 With Hard R Rating

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
Glad it's M-rated. Since it's pre-XMen, I wonder if they'll save the yellow costume for:

nkit285k0sm51.jpg

596709.jpg

X-Men_First_Class_01.jpg

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Insomniac Games releases Spider Man 2 in Fall 2023, Wolverine in Fall 2024 and has another game in development for let's say Fall 2025, that would be 5 releases in 5 years. Insomniac is literally carrying the PlayStation 5 thus far this generation.

Fucking love Insomniac Games!!! 😂
It carrys nothing. All studios, all games, whole playstation department contributes to PS5 success.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I have a pretty strict boycott of Disney and Marvel products…. I will make an exception for the Wolverine game tho. Looking forward to see what it’ll be like .

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
what's the boycott over?

Mostly the Disney Wars sequels. I despise it and I’m no longer a star wars fan. Then consuming all forms of media like Microsoft doesn’t help. I don’t support such companies devoid of creativity, original ideas and predatory acquisition of IP.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's insane, Spiderman 2 fall 2023, Wolverine fall 2024.

If Insomniac pull off their usual quality it will be an amazing feat. And they have a third game in development too.

Rated R makes sense, can't really make Wolverine PG all of a sudden.

I can only imagine what they will do. R&C is a looker with awesome performance and that came within the first few months of the PS5's release. Their engine is probably much better at dealing with the PS5 now and they've had the time to learn the system... They are probably the best PS Studios developer from a pipeline standpoint, and tied with ND as to how much they can squeeze out of the hardware.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Mostly the Disney Wars sequels. I despise it and I’m no longer a star wars fan. Then consuming all forms of media like Microsoft doesn’t help. I don’t support such companies devoid of creativity, original ideas and predatory acquisition of IP.

You're losing out by boycotting Mandalorian, Andor, and to some extent Obi-Wan. The movies stunk, but the series have been stellar so far.

• they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: Nym and Gediminas

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I got through one episode of Kenobi and gave up. Was absolutely dreadful, and some of the clips I saw of later episodes were verging on parody (the electric fence, Leia hiding under Obi-Wan's skirt, not to mention the forest chase scene).

The Book of Boba Bett was incredibly boring too.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I got through one episode of Kenobi and gave up. Was absolutely dreadful, and some of the clips I saw of later episodes were verging on parody (the electric fence, Leia hiding under Obi-Wan's skirt, not to mention the forest chase scene).

The Book of Boba Bett was incredibly boring too.

Obi-Wan has some incredible moments. Judging it based on clips and one episode is unfair. But it's not an amazing show, it's just ok, much better than the sequel trilogy.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’ve seen all the new live action stuff. I get Disney plus free with my Verizon and the woman kinda watches it anyway. I just don’t buy Star Wars. Don’t love it anymore. I was a fanatic. That is over with. I perceive Lucas Star Wars as Star Wars and the rest fan fiction. This cannot be undone. They are different things

Last two episodes of Obi Wan was the first time I had emotion for Star Wars in decades. It’s also a redo of the last act of episode 3.

Andor is great. Classic trilogy aesthetic is excelllent. Andor and Rogue One are the best things to have happened. Andor had a lot of thx 1138 in it too. I thought it was pretty fantastic honestly.

The problem is that everything else exists and that the sequel trilogy was poorly written and executed and wrote them into a corner too. Hate it. They butchered the importance of Vader as space Jesus etc. They rewrote Star Wars.

It made me thankful that Dragon Ball Super and Godzilla as an IP continue to stay true to themselves. And at this point my love for Star Wars evolved into my fanaticism with Destiny. For different reasons but I’m glad I still have scifi fantasy to engage with.

Reactions: Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I’ve seen all the new live action stuff. I get Disney plus free with my Verizon and the woman kinda watches it anyway. I just don’t buy Star Wars. Don’t love it anymore. I was a fanatic. That is over with. I perceive Lucas Star Wars as Star Wars and the rest fan fiction. This cannot be undone. They are different things

Last two episodes of Obi Wan was the first time I had emotion for Star Wars in decades. It’s also a redo of the last act of episode 3.

Andor is great. Classic trilogy aesthetic is excelllent. Andor and Rogue One are the best things to have happened. Andor had a lot of thx 1138 in it too. I thought it was pretty fantastic honestly.

The problem is that everything else exists and that the sequel trilogy was poorly written and executed and wrote them into a corner too. Hate it. They butchered the importance of Vader as space Jesus etc. They rewrote Star Wars.

It made me thankful that Dragon Ball Super and Godzilla as an IP continue to stay true to themselves.
The failure of the movies bares little consequence in the end if we can hopefully look forward to more material like Andor and Mandalorian. Haven’t seen obj one nor boba fett, but will do - however haven’t heard much positive praise unlike for the other 2.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The failure of the movies bares little consequence in the end if we can hopefully look forward to more material like Andor and Mandalorian. Haven’t seen obj one nor boba fett, but will do - this haven’t heard much positive praise unlike for the other 2.

I don’t like the aspect of gray Jedi. Never did. It’s an old fan fiction idea and they went with it. Star Wars felt intentionally biblical. Angels and demons.

I was sorta disappointed after reading the what Lucas had planned for his sequel trilogy when discussing it with James Cameron. It was something new. Of course I do expect them to eventually use these ideas because they have none. Didn’t Lucas have like 73 episodes of that coruscant show written already from like 15 years ago?

They should’ve never relaunched it without him. I feel similar about Halo. Now I’m just ranting on how my heroes died. I don’t need to be bitter. I have things I like now 🤣

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don’t like the aspect of gray Jedi. Never did. It’s an old fan fiction idea and they went with it. Star Wars felt intentionally biblical. Angels and demons.

I was sorta disappointed after reading the what Lucas had planned for his sequel trilogy when discussing it with James Cameron. It was something new. Of course I do expect them to eventually use these ideas because they have none. Didn’t Lucas have like 73 episodes of that coruscant show written already from like 15 years ago?

They should’ve never relaunched it without him. I feel similar about Halo. Now I’m just ranting on how my heroes died. I don’t need to be bitter. I have things I like now 🤣
Surprising. The grey is what gives Andor life. The good vs evil without neuance sounds too fairy tale in this day and age, to me at least.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Surprising. The grey is what gives Andor life. The good vs evil without neuance sounds too fairy tale in this day and age, to me at least.

That’s fine tho. Andor is about humanity. Jedi and sith is the fantastical stuff. It fits. I enjoyed Andor. Have nothing bad to say about it at all.

In an ideal world they wouldn’t have rushed into the sequel trilogy and just tried to make stories like these to find a direction to go in. It’s currently a mess and Filoni would have to take over the whole thing.

I’d erase the ST. And just continue with tv canon

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Obi-Wan has some incredible moments. Judging it based on clips and one episode is unfair. But it's not an amazing show, it's just ok, much better than the sequel trilogy.
It just did nothing for me, and the seriousness of the acting clashed with some of the comical scenes I watched.

I did watch Andor though, that was pretty good and not typical Star Wars fare.