Mat Piscatella: Industry spend CAGR has been basically flat since the pandemic, no significant upside room for player/hours growth, costs keep rising

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Whats even funnier is that 20m sales on console is mediocre and simply not enough but the 2m sales on PC is amazing and saved Sony from going bankrupt 😂🤣
Lol 😂 nowadays ppl here anything under 10 mil and it's not enough, it's comical asf the agendas ppl push.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
How is it worse?
Have you been on Twitter recently? The site has become pretty much unusable, everyone is being extremely disingenuous for engagement in hopes of making some Twitter blue money. Also look at the responses of any viral tweets, it's nothing but bots and idiots trying to piggyback off the success of the original post by posting their own stuff that has nothing to do with the original tweet, just so they can get some of that engagement for themselves.

The bots have exploded 100x, the $8 monthly charge backfired, now people are creating bot farms with thousands of automated VERIFIED bots and if they all make more than $8, its straight profit. They all just spam under viral posts to farm more views. So instead of getting rid of the bots, it had the opposite effect and actually incentivized the creation of a lot more.

And did you notice all these trashy Xbox console war accounts suddenly popped up once they realized you can make money from twitter? Most notably, that clown Karim Jovian, he bought a bunch of followers and started posting inflammatory nonsense for easy Twitter blue checks, same with PeterOvo, Jayrock, Black viking and a few others. It also emboldened people that were already trash and made them even more trashy, people like ColtEastwood and Destin became even more obnoxious than they usually are because they know saying stupid stuff = engagement = money.

I rarely go on Twitter now because of how bad it's gotten, it feels like it's beneath me to use. It's impossible to have any real conversation about anything now because the clowns that sold their souls just optimize for the most engagement.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Have you been on Twitter recently? The site has become pretty much unusable, everyone is being extremely disingenuous for engagement in hopes of making some Twitter blue money. Also look at the responses of any viral tweets, it's nothing but bots and idiots trying to piggyback off the success of the original post by posting their own stuff that has nothing to do with the original tweet, just so they can get some of that engagement for themselves.

The bots have exploded 100x, the $8 monthly charge backfired, now people are creating bot farms with thousands of automated VERIFIED bots and if they all make more than $8, its straight profit. They all just spam under viral posts to farm more views. So instead of getting rid of the bots, it had the opposite effect and actually incentivized the creation of a lot more.

And did you notice all these trashy Xbox console war accounts suddenly popped up once they realized you can make money from twitter? Most notably, that clown Karim Jovian, he bought a bunch of followers and started posting inflammatory nonsense for easy Twitter blue checks, same with PeterOvo, Jayrock, Black viking and a few others. It also emboldened people that were already trash and made them even more trashy, people like ColtEastwood and Destin became even more obnoxious than they usually are because they know saying stupid stuff = engagement = money.

I rarely go on Twitter now because of how bad it's gotten, it feels like it's beneath me to use. It's impossible to have any real conversation about anything now because the clowns that sold their souls just optimize for the most engagement.
Yeah theres alot of bots spamming likes and shit.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Also look at the responses of any viral tweets, it's nothing but bots and idiots trying to piggyback off the success of the original post by posting their own stuff that has nothing to do with the original tweet, just so they can get some of that engagement for themselves.
This drives me up a wall.

Sometimes you'll see a viral tweet with no context posted. Normally someone posts the context it in the comments, but now you have to keep scrolling to come across genuine comments.

Something needs to be done about this, maybe remove monetisation for tweets that are replies or something.

• they're_right_you_know

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Sony's studios would benefit from:

- Selling some novelty skin packs
- Releasing 1-2 expansion packs per game
- Selling gameplay centric modes as add ons like The Last of Us 2's No Return mode or Ragnarok's Valhalla

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This drives me up a wall.

Sometimes you'll see a viral tweet with no context posted. Normally someone posts the context it in the comments, but now you have to keep scrolling to come across genuine comments.

Something needs to be done about this, maybe remove monetisation for tweets that are replies or something.
Its so bad that sometimes I don't even realize im not scrolling my main feed and the whole time, what I thought was my main feed was just a bunch of responses to another tweet. Turned me off from using twitter entirely, only time I check is if there's some big news or I see a link on a forum or discord. I'm tempted to delete my account entirely if things don't get better

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Have you been on there? Lmao it's 90% bots now
Before it was a mess it was basically reset era controlled by the FBI. And yeah it's annoying having to scroll past 10 bot posts just to get the genuine comments but at least people can actually have an opinion instead of it being a echo chamber like reddit currently is.

TBH i don't use twitter for gaming, its way too fanboyish for me. I use it more for alternative news.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Its so bad that sometimes I don't even realize im not scrolling my main feed and the whole time, what I thought was my main feed was just a bunch of responses to another tweet. Turned me off from using twitter entirely, only time I check is if there's some big news or I see a link on a forum or discord. I'm tempted to delete my account entirely if things don't get better
Tht happens to me all the time, I hate it lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Vote with your wallet.

Pirate games until the industry sorts it's shit out or crashes, goes bankrupt and rebuilds on skill, care and talent, not useless money-grabbing gambling-lite tactics, broken games and general scumbaggery.

There's a direct correlation between reduced pirating and reduced quality of games.
Huh??

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Musk showed with Twitter that there is massive bloat in tech companies, you can cut almost all PR, loads of marketing and the majority of analyst jobs and run the company just as well or better.
The real Jim Ryan or his bosses certainly seem to think so. Their non communicative approach since House/Tretton left showed that while that might work for a social media site, it doesn't for a gaming company.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Its even worse if you are a nonmember or banned like me. Twitter will just randomly cut you off and not yet you see things. Best to keep you account but just not use it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Thank you I don't see how so called business experts can't see that.There is a limit to gaming. It's not a necessity business. It's entertainment. And It's just not a major priority to people in life. And at a steep price. $70 a pop can go to food and electricity. This is a luxury market at this point.Do they even understand that??

Pandemic numbers were always false. These idiot bean counters believe that those were true numbers need to be fired. They did not do their job and account for dip. That is negligence and deserves sacking instead of people being layed off.

There is growth in the industry. It's called beating the competition and taking their customers. Its embarrassing how this industry thinks they don't have to compete against each other.

Coca Cola ,Pepsi and Nestle would of cooked this industry.

When will they understand you are fighting amongst yourselfs for the pot. The more platforms you want to expand is who's taking your growth .All the numbers are the same. You only have whats in the pot.

See I don't believe that gaming can't grow. Mobile gaming is ass, and prob only got popular cause people always had their phone on them already (and the portable consoles of the time had drawbacks, but Sony should have never released VITA without the real buttons. They got lost for 10 years following MS ("TV, TV, TV"... PS Vue). Now Switch, Deck and friends are here, and Sony's answer is a dumb remote play only device. C'mon!

Let's say there's a fully buttoned-up PS GO handheld device which just works on PS4/5 backend and has local storage. Who's then gonna be whipping out their phone to play tap, tap, tap games if they miss the bus, when they could be linking into their real games/progress/friends lists etc.