Message from Hideaki & Hermen - An Exciting Future at Sony Interactive Entertainment

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@Neversummer

There is a podcast I follow, SickHumorTV (NOT actually trying to promote him, but) he made a really good point about PS being reliant on Indies/Third Parties.
While it is nice we do get games, maybe even for a whole generation, it still gives Third Party/Indies the power to EFF Playstation later down the line.
How many times have we seen great PS1 and PS2 era games make the jump to Switch, Xbox and PC now?

There are still a metric-ton of games exclusive to older Nintendo and Xbox consoles, and no one is calling out that hypocrisy.
Whoever owns Traveler's Tale, can (and will probably) on a whim port the game to other devices later on... and PS can't do anything about it (I think???).

Reactions: Diah

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I for one support the newly revived Nintendo-Sony Partnership
This isn’t a partnership 💀

This is Sony watching Lego & Nintendo fuck Sony wife while Sony is tied to a chair watching with tape strapped to its eyelid. Sony is bending over, bending the knees & taking it.

Ultimately Lego gets the W & Nintendo gets the W. Lego gets to milk tf out Sony using PS ip to benefit Lego more then PS & Nintendo got a free game onto its platform & storefront which just means free $ by taking 30% cuts. It also makes PS platform & storefront that less desirable in the long term. Sony making the PS platform & storefront worse for PS owners & 3rd party developers.

This makes the PS6 even more questionable & if it’s a hybrid handheld it’s gonna clash with the Steamdeck 2 & Switch 2 2 direct platforms that have PS games & permanent exclusive. Hell if Xbox somehow gets Steam on its hybrid handheld it will play Steam/PS games unless Sony can do something about it & im not even considering the fact that Apple will push for 3rd party to publish AAA games to IOS/App Store (Apple might even make a hybrid handheld since there a hardware company) all Apple would need is 1st party which they can buy since there a 3 trillion dollar company or just outright pay for exclusive games

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
@Neversummer

There is a podcast I follow, SickHumorTV (NOT actually trying to promote him, but) he made a really good point about PS being reliant on Indies/Third Parties.
While it is nice we do get games, maybe even for a whole generation, it still gives Third Party/Indies the power to EFF Playstation later down the line.
How many times have we seen great PS1 and PS2 era games make the jump to Switch, Xbox and PC now?

There are still a metric-ton of games exclusive to older Nintendo and Xbox consoles, and no one is calling out that hypocrisy.
Whoever owns Traveler's Tale, can (and will probably) on a whim port the game to other devices later on... and PS can't do anything about it (I think???).
I been saying PS needs to rely less in 3rd party & they should make there studio multi team. And Sony should’ve consolidated the gaming industry with MS because MS isn’t gonna stop.

Level5, Arc System Work are great single studios even studios like the studio behind Mario RPG (great remake studio) & even the studio behind the Lego Horizon Sobo games if it gets great scores they would be a great studio for PS to make quality, fun & charming platform using PS ip. Other single studios I would keep my eyes are the studio making a Potopon successor (looks great, small Japanese game) & the studio making a game that resembles Wild Arms but it’s more anime forgot there name but if it scores great would be great single studios to make AA games using PS ip.

Ofc acquiring a publisher or making major investment to the likes of Kadokawa/Fromsoft or Square Enix so they don’t get bought out & skip PS platforms. Also if Sony buys a publisher they would get many ip scaling AA & AAA to expand into multiple fronts games, media, merchandise, parks etc

• brain
Reactions: Diah and 2spooky5me

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
This generation has been pretty lackluster. I hope Herman see the value in building studios who build AA games to fill in for the AAA gaps.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
@Neversummer

I mean, just look at Square Enix, RGG Studio (Yakuza) and Atlus with Persona. I think FF7 Part 3 will be the last FF title to be a timed exclusive.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
This isn’t a partnership 💀

This is Sony watching Lego & Nintendo fuck Sony wife while Sony is tied to a chair watching with tape strapped to its eyelid. Sony is bending over, bending the knees & taking it.

Ultimately Lego gets the W & Nintendo gets the W. Lego gets to milk tf out Sony using PS ip to benefit Lego more then PS & Nintendo got a free game onto its platform & storefront which just means free $ by taking 30% cuts. It also makes PS platform & storefront that less desirable in the long term. Sony making the PS platform & storefront worse for PS owners & 3rd party developers.

This makes the PS6 even more questionable & if it’s a hybrid handheld it’s gonna clash with the Steamdeck 2 & Switch 2 2 direct platforms that have PS games & permanent exclusive. Hell if Xbox somehow gets Steam on its hybrid handheld it will play Steam/PS games unless Sony can do something about it & im not even considering the fact that Apple will push for 3rd party to publish AAA games to IOS/App Store (Apple might even make a hybrid handheld since there a hardware company) all Apple would need is 1st party which they can buy since there a 3 trillion dollar company or just outright pay for exclusive games

And it's all self inflicted.

Like i understand PC but porting your games to another console, especially one that is about to break the all time sales record is 10 times worse than any PC port.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Wrong. This is sony inviting Nintendo to fuck their wife while they watch and jerk off.
Wrong. This is Sony inviting Lego to fuck their wife while Sony watch & jerk off then inviting Nintendo & both Nintendo and Lego go to a 5 star restaurant with your credit card that was robbed at Sony’s house after both of them fuck their wife. Finally the wife unties you & leaves the house just for you to notice her going in a car w another guy named Steam who leaves getting road head

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This generation has been pretty lackluster. I hope Herman see the value in building studios who build AA games to fill in for the AAA gaps.
This is something PS should’ve done back in 2020.

If there studio becomes multi team it will be a restructure that you won’t see till 2027 or later

Reactions: Wing84

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I mean, just look at Square Enix, RGG Studio (Yakuza) and Atlus with Persona. I think FF7 Part 3 will be the last FF title to be a timed exclusive.
Sony lost all of them.

Atleast for Sega they seem to be interested in licensing there ip so theoretically PS could get a Persona, Sonic, Yakuza exclusive but Sony doesn’t has a studio that could strictly work on AA games & shift between license grab to make exclusive games with 3rd party ip who don’t mind licensing there ip. Which I don’t think many publisher mind it’s essentially free money with the only draw back is whether a publisher like PS finds a studio that could produce a quality game that doesn’t damage the ip.

Apple been doing this with Sonic for Apple Arcade there’s like 3 exclusive Apple Arcade sonic games that Apple payed for the ip to make mobile games using Sega ip.

I think this is something Nintendo does with Bayoneta. Make a deal w Sega to make a Bayoneta game & use a 3rd party studio to make it then boom an exclusive Nintendo game. Nintendo might do this with Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy & Persona. That would put PS in a dire spot.