Message from Hideaki & Hermen - An Exciting Future at Sony Interactive Entertainment

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
why does it matter if the ice is thawing? It’s not like they’ll ever make a game together. If anything, it’s a bad thing, it can only lead to more Switch ports of PS 1st party games.
Why would it be a bad thing if the ice is thawed? Nintendo is probably the game company they should speaking to and not Xbox. And I doubt they'll be putting major first party games on rival consoles, you're being paranoid.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Why would it be a bad thing if the ice is thawed? Nintendo is probably the game company they should speaking to and not Xbox. And I doubt they'll be putting major first party games on rival consoles, you're being paranoid.
It’s a bad thing because they should be competing against each other, not the opposite. Why should they be speaking to Nintendo? What will they gain from it? Ports to PlayStation? 😂 We both know that’s never happening. Sony is only “speaking” to Xbox because Xbox is on its deathbed, Nintendo is doing great.

I’m not being paranoid, I just always see 10 steps ahead of everyone else. Unlike Sony, Nintendo actually values their brand. So them being friends will only lead to 1 outcome, Astro Bot, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank ports 😂 Sony and their fans will justify it by saying “they’re just smaller games”, “it’s a perfect fit”, “as long as it’s not the AAA cinematic stuff it’s not a big deal”, blah blah blah.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It’s a bad thing because they should be competing against each other, not the opposite. Why should they be speaking to Nintendo? What will they gain from it? Ports to PlayStation? 😂 We both know that’s never happening. Sony is only “speaking” to Xbox because Xbox is on its deathbed, Nintendo is doing great.

I’m not being paranoid, I just always see 10 steps ahead of everyone else. Unlike Sony, Nintendo actually values their brand. So them being friends will only lead to 1 outcome, Astro Bot, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank ports 😂 Sony and their fans will justify it by saying “they’re just smaller games”, “it’s a perfect fit”, “as long as it’s not the AAA cinematic stuff it’s not a big deal”, blah blah blah.
You're delusional if you think Sony will port their franchises to Nintendo. As I said it would be nice if the ice between both has thawed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
that’s what people said about pc before 2020 😂😂

We’ve already established that you’ve said that, I asked you why and you haven’t answered yet… what outcome are you hoping for?
Did I state I was hoping for anything? I know there was some bad blood between both companies, so I simply said it would be nice if the ice thawed a bit. I'm not gonna be doing nonsensical back & forth with you over dumb shit.

Have a good day

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Did I state I was hoping for anything? I know there was some bad blood between both companies, so I simply said it would be nice if the ice thawed a bit. I'm not gonna be doing nonsensical back & forth with you over dumb shit.

Have a good day
I’m not trying to argue, I just wanted to know why. Damn is it against the law to ask questions? So you want two billion dollar corporations to “be friends” purely for the sake of it? 😂😂

Ok have a nice day

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I’m not trying to argue, I just wanted to know why. Damn is it against the law to ask questions? So you want two billion dollar corporations to “be friends” purely for the sake of it? 😂😂

Ok have a nice day
I did say I was done, so let me clarify and be gone. I don't see how you arrived at me insinuating I wanted them to be friends LOL. I don't see how you arrived at any of the crap you're sprouting based off "ice being thawed"... When I said they should be talking to Nintendo over Xbox... I also wasn't being literal. I said that to state Xbox is the last gaming company they should be communicating with.

With that said, I don't see how less bad blood between Nitendo and Sony is a bad thing. Neither company is gonna become friends nor share intellectual property.

You literally were looking for a dumb argument over nothing as per usual.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I did say I was done, so let me clarify and be gone. I don't see how you arrived at me insinuating I wanted them to be friends LOL. I don't see how you arrived at any of the crap you're sprouting based off "ice being thawed"... When I said they should be talking to Nintendo over Xbox... I also wasn't being literal. I said that to state Xbox is the last gaming company they should be communicating with.

With that said, I don't see how less bad blood between Nitendo and Sony is a bad thing. Neither company is gonna become friends nor share intellectual property.

You literally were looking for a dumb argument over nothing as per usual.
Chill out bro 😂 when do I ever look for dumb arguments? Never, I just asked a question and you got hostile for some reason, but it’s ok.

And you’re still not making any sense. The more bad blood there is between them, the better it is for gamers. You should already know that. But we don’t need to waste anymore time on this discussion

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
this aged like milk 😂😂😂 I told you nothing good would come of the "ice being thawed" 🤣
No it didn't as the game ain't a port but even so this caught everyone by surprise, as it didn't even leak.

With that said, we will have to see how things play out in the next 3 years before we say this. It's obviously clear there's some form of communication between the two companies now tho... Which I still think is a good thing

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No it didn't as the game ain't a port but even so this caught everyone by surprise, as it didn't even leak.

With that said, we will have to see how things play out in the next 3 years before we say this. It's obviously clear there's some form of communication between the two companies now tho... Which I still think is a good thing
we don't have to see how things play out, the writing is on the wall, PlayStation is finished!

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
we don't have to see how things play out, the writing is on the wall, PlayStation is finished!
The fact Sony even entertained a Horizon game where they have pay Lego & Lego dictate the platform so it releases on PC & Nintendo 2 direct competitor but Horizon a franchise born in the PS4 gen doesn’t even release on PS4. Again it releases on Nintendo Switch but not PS4 is crazy.

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if these live service games releases on PS, PC & Switch 2 if the Switch 2 is PS4 power level. I can see Neon Koi mobile game releasing on mobile & Nintendo Switch or LBP4 releasing on PS & Nintendo Switch 2 because those are “experimental games”

Nintendo would never sign a stupid deal like Sony did w Lego. Nintendo isn’t gonna pay Lego to use Mario that benefit Lego brand, Lego games & Lego toys while paying them & having a crazy license split like the (marvel deals) & have no power to not have it exclusive to Nintendo console. Nintendo would tell Lego to fuck off which idk why Sony couldn’t just make a spin off Horizon game without Lego branding they could’ve just Chibified the Horizon & get 100% while having it exclusive & pushing console & bringing a new costumer base who would like more family friendly coop game. Nintendo literally does this by licensing there ip to 3rd party creating games in a bunch of different genres & styles getting 100% of the revenue expanding & creating new version of there ip in different styles & pushing exclusivity on there console making Nintendo the defacto in gaming by sheer output of permanent exclusive games

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
It boggles my mind that a lot of PS' Executive and PR team are on social media, and use it very often... but they chose to accept and promote the awful takes from people who have ZERO interest in Playstation doing well.
They'll listen to Xbots, Nintendrones and PC Mustard Rats, but ignore the actual people invested in the ecosystem.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The fact Sony even entertained a Horizon game where they have pay Lego & Lego dictate the platform so it releases on PC & Nintendo 2 direct competitor but Horizon a franchise born in the PS4 gen doesn’t even release on PS4. Again it releases on Nintendo Switch but not PS4 is crazy.

Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if these live service games releases on PS, PC & Switch 2 if the Switch 2 is PS4 power level. I can see Neon Koi mobile game releasing on mobile & Nintendo Switch or LBP4 releasing on PS & Nintendo Switch 2 because those are “experimental games”

Nintendo would never sign a stupid deal like Sony did w Lego. Nintendo isn’t gonna pay Lego to use Mario that benefit Lego brand, Lego games & Lego toys while paying them & having a crazy license split like the (marvel deals) & have no power to not have it exclusive to Nintendo console. Nintendo would tell Lego to fuck off which idk why Sony couldn’t just make a spin off Horizon game without Lego branding they could’ve just Chibified the Horizon & get 100% while having it exclusive & pushing console & bringing a new costumer base who would like more family friendly coop game. Nintendo literally does this by licensing there ip to 3rd party creating games in a bunch of different genres & styles getting 100% of the revenue expanding & creating new version of there ip in different styles & pushing exclusivity on there console making Nintendo the defacto in gaming by sheer output of permanent exclusive games

Imagine Mario + Rabbids or Mario&Sonic Olympics games releasing on anything but Nintendo consoles.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It boggles my mind that a lot of PS' Executive and PR team are on social media, and use it very often... but they chose to accept and promote the awful takes from people who have ZERO interest in Playstation doing well.
They'll listen to Xbots, Nintendrones and PC Mustard Rats, but ignore the actual people invested in the ecosystem.
The solution is obvious:
Switch 2 + PC.

With the Switch 2 you get physical media, portability and actual exclusives.

With PC you get free online, cheaper games, free cloud saves, bigger library, better backwards compatibility, likelly better hardware and so on.

PlayStation is as essential as an Xbox now. I see no point in getting a PS6.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The solution is obvious:
Switch 2 + PC.

With the Switch 2 you get physical media, portability and actual exclusives.

With PC you get free online, cheaper games, free cloud saves, bigger library, better backwards compatibility, likelly better hardware and so on.

PlayStation is as essential as an Xbox now. I see no point in getting a PS6.

I for one support the newly revived Nintendo-Sony Partnership

• haha
Reactions: Neversummer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Half of PlayStation players are on PS4 as well.

To Sony PlayStation users are nothing but scum, stupid people to be nickel and dimmed.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Imagine Mario + Rabbids or Mario&Sonic Olympics games releasing on anything but Nintendo consoles.
Exactly Ubisoft got the Mario license to make a game using the Mario branding with the rabbits but it’s exclusive to Nintendo console because Nintendo is a platform holder. Lego isn’t a platform holder so this is just Sony bending the knee. Instead Sony should’ve made there own Horizon spin off & licensed out Horizok & PS ip to many 3rd party studios who’d be happy to work on a PS ip. Sony can achieve the same goals while receiving 100% of the money, expanding & owning the expansion of the ip. Horizon expanding its universe in Lego is bad since Sony doesn’t own Lego so it’s expanding to a eather at the very least like Nintendo Paper Mario, 3D Mario, Mario Party, Mario Kart are all expansion of the Mario universe that Nintendo fully owns & can do whatever.

PS expanding with Lego in the game = PS relying on Lego not fucking over PS in the long term & we saw what happen with MLB & Activision/COD. You never want to rely in 3rd party ip. Working with Lego to make Lego toys using PS ip is fine but games where Lego can dictate where what goes/revenue splits etc bad decision imo