Metacritic improving moderation after "abusive, disrespectful" Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores reviews

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I care about reviews. But not user reviews. Who's mad enough to trust user reviews in the entertainment industry.

I give neither the benefit of the doubt, why should Wired's embarrassing review of Hogwarts Legacy be considered of any more value than any random user review, because they're on a payroll and hold fashionable political opinions?

I literally do not use reviews for anything anymore, I used them when I was a kid reading magazines because that was one of the only ways you could be exposed to some games before buying them back then outside of a rental. But nowadays? Why should I care what some outlet with aggrieved employees thinks about a game when I have access to tons of pre-release material that gives me a pretty good idea of what something is like?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I care about reviews. But not user reviews. Who's mad enough to trust user reviews in the entertainment industry.
Users review I care about is tech. Nothing else
Other than the one guy in this thread nobody cares about user reviews.

Only allow sign in with psn for ps games
That would not stop Xbox haters, unless you require them to have bought the game, then it would be over for most of them (but I would not be surprised if some are so stupid that they would still buy it, enjoy it and then give it a zero).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Other then the one guy in this thread nobody cares about user reviews.

That would not stop Xbox haters, unless you require you to have bought the game, than it's would be over for most of them (but I would not be surprised if some are so stupid that they would still buy it, enjoy it and then give it a zero).
They are a special breed.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I use to find new games to play... so I find it useful.
Metacritic in special always helped me to decide what play next.

Its better to find a youtube reviewer that aligns with my views, whatever the Gamingbritshow likes for example i like we have the same tastes

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Its better to find a youtube reviewer that aligns with my views, whatever the Gamingbritshow likes for example i like we have the same tastes
Hate anything I have to watch to make my mind to play it.
It just waste of time.

I can go on Metacritic in find a game in few minutes instead to watch a 30 minutes longer video... I can use that time to play the game ;)

That is why I can't watch DF videos but love to read the articles.

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
It's about damn time! Review bombing because there are two women kissing is snowflake manchild behavior.
Get a grip, gamer manchildren.
Funny enough, between The Last of Us 2 and this, it looks like those types of gamers are single-handedly improving MetaCritics score system by forcing them to implement countermeasures against mindless review bombing.

The Last of Us 2 wasn't even out for a minute before people (who never played the game) started ripping into it. I can imagine MetaCritic employees looking at the next game with an "anti-woke" campaign against it and thinking

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think user scores are great. Even better when you can prove the user owns/played the game.

I miss being able to rate games like we could’ve on ps4 os. I am missing this feature on ps5.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think user scores are great. Even better when you can prove the user owns/played the game.

I miss being able to rate games like we could’ve on ps4 os. I am missing this feature on ps5.

A couple of things they could do:

Require proof you own the goods you're reviewing
Delay user scores for a few days post release

• thisistheway
D

Deleted member 417

Reviews should focus on the facts; does the game do well at the game it intends to be? Is it broken on day one or needs a patch? Tech specs? Online requirements and the most important for online games, does it have a reliable server structure?

What John Smith thinks about two fictional characters' sex lives means nothing to me. It's a 5 min plot point in a 10 hour game. Give me the gaming details, not social commentary.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The practice has picked accelarated steam over the past 3 years. Gamers prop up META... as a result of which META has undue influence on the industry. Naturally it will invite attacks by interest groups to shape that undue influence for whatever goal they may have. At this point it's not news nor novel to see it.... I personally have tuned out.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Reviews should focus on the facts; does the game do well at the game it intends to be? Is it broken on day one or needs a patch? Tech specs? Online requirements and the most important for online games, does it have a reliable server structure?

What John Smith thinks about two fictional characters' sex lives means nothing to me. It's a 5 min plot point in a 10 hour game. Give me the gaming details, not social commentary.

I'm against all this woke lgbt nonsense but i do agree that we need to stop review bombing, it happens with a lot of games and you can tell most people never actually played it. We should have to verify our purchase before making a review plus it should show play time like it does on steam.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Only allow sign in with psn for ps games
100%
There was too many user reviews for games like TLOU2, GT7, Horizon 2 that had zero previous reviews, or the only other reviews they had was Halo Infinite 10/10. Forza 10/10. GT7 1/10

Sign into your console/PC and have to own the game.

Also Horizon DLC got hate from alot of similar user reviews.
You could literally have sex with a gay minotaur in Dragon Age and no1 complained. Its player choices too, not forced on anyone

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
100%
There was too many user reviews for games like TLOU2, GT7, Horizon 2 that had zero previous reviews, or the only other reviews they had was Halo Infinite 10/10. Forza 10/10. GT7 1/10

Sign into your console/PC and have to own the game.

Also Horizon DLC got hate from alot of similar user reviews.
You could literally have sex with a gay minotaur in Dragon Age and no1 complained. Its player choices too, not forced on anyone
gamers have devolved into whiny snowflakes since DA1, I blame the internet and the red hats weirdos.

Reactions: Kokoloko