Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Remake Isn't a PlayStation Exclusive

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
No kojima no hype for me, couldn't give a shit if its exclusive or not. Metal gear solid is my favourite franchise by a landscape

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The weird part to me is that the game never looked like that pixeled shit they show in Native Resolution images :D
Yes it did? :p

Maybe you don't realize how much the CRT tvs of the day smoothed over what these games really looked like.

These games were extremely low res and pixelated (but brilliant for their time of course!)

Also I don't think anyone should care if this is exclusive. It's an old game. A remake is fine, but man, I really don't think groups should be putting energy into this stuff when you can just make the old games available under BC and they will be fine.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
No kojima no hype for me, couldn't give a shit if its exclusive or not. Metal gear solid is my favourite franchise by a landscape
But mgs3 is already an established game made by kojima

Unless were talking about new mgs in the future that doesnt involved kojima

Reactions: Johnic
24 Jun 2022
Maybe timed exclusivity like SH2 remake?

That's what I'm thinking. It could also mean "not exclusive" as in PS5 & PC, but it could still be timed fully exclusive to PS5.

Or, it could be PS5/Xbox/PC, but timed exclusive to PS5 and later on other platforms. The rumor specifies exactly nothing so hard to gauge. But for a game of this pedigree and its close ties with the PS platform, I'd be remiss if there weren't at least timed exclusivity in the works.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
But mgs3 is already an established game made by kojima

Unless were talking about new mgs in the future that doesnt involved kojima
The only way I can see work if it's a 1-1 remake. Other than like re2 or re3 remakes. I don't care

Reactions: Airbus

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Im more excited about a MGS1 Remake over MGS3. I love them all so the whole series needs a remake.
Give me some Solid Snake, not Big Boss
Steve Harvey Familyfeud GIF by ABC Network

Solid ftw.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think the series only needs Bluepoint like remakes, where all we get are a graphical overall and some minor adjustments.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are the ones where I think a good studio should be allowed to attempt a re-imagining style remake.

I don't like the idea of starting with MGS3, seems pretty dumb but it's not a deal breaker.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Starting with MGS makes
I think the series only needs Bluepoint like remakes, where all we get are a graphical overall and some minor adjustments.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are the ones where I think a good studio should be allowed to attempt a re-imagining style remake.

I don't like the idea of starting with MGS3, seems pretty dumb but it's not a deal breaker.

MGS3 is the first game in timeline. It’s not an issue.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Starting with MGS makes

MGS3 is the first game in timeline. It’s not an issue.
Release order still precedes chronological order and MGS is the more important game and could use a wide available remake.