Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Remake Isn't a PlayStation Exclusive

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Let's be realistic.

The only actual Remake/Remaster people wants is MGS4.
The others already had several versions in several platforms.

MGS4 is the only that you can only play if you have a PS3.

It is the only game in the franchise that I should call a MEGATON if it is released this generation.

Yeah I'm good, I don't want a remake of a game that has more cutscenes than actual gameplay.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I just hope this remake has an option to streamline the survival elements. I never could fully get into the game thanks to that and the alert meter that took eons to clear once you were spotted.

MGS2 modded on PC though... chefs kiss.
Some of it they can and should

Adding camo and injury management to an overlay menu would reduce clunkiness a lot

Reactions: Systemshock2023

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
For the amount of YEARS this has been rumored, walked-back, reignited etc, I think it's fucking stupid if it's real, Sony helped develop or finance, and it's also multiplaform.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Don't get why Sony made SH exclusive but not MGS

I totally agree.
Blooper making SH2 remake or MGS Remake with someone else…. I know what Id choose.

Just because they are in charge doesnt mean they make smart choices all the time Unfortunately

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Whether or not second party is a real term is whatever. It was most actively used to define rare’s relationship with Nintendo. Not much fits that today except maybe the Pokémon company? I dunno much about Nintendo’s modern infrastructure… It’s kinda hard to argue rare was a third party when a huge chunk of the company was owned by Nintendo before Microsoft bought them entirely.

I’d love to find better sources but I’m not so here’s the wiki info:

“Nintendo bought a 25% stake in the company that gradually increased to 49%, making Rare a second-party developer for Nintendo.”

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Whether or not second party is a real term is whatever. It was most actively used to define rare’s relationship with Nintendo. Not much fits that today except maybe the Pokémon company? I dunno much about Nintendo’s modern infrastructure… It’s kinda hard to argue rare was a third party when a huge chunk of the company was owned by Nintendo before Microsoft bought them entirely.

I’d love to find better sources but I’m not so here’s the wiki info:

“Nintendo bought a 25% stake in the company that gradually increased to 49%, making Rare a second-party developer for Nintendo.”
A second party to me is like the first Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. When a publisher pays a developer to make a game, but said developer is not owned by the publisher.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Ap5dvom.jpg

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
For the amount of YEARS this has been rumored, walked-back, reignited etc, I think it's fucking stupid if it's real, Sony helped develop or finance, and it's also multiplaform.
Do you want another debacle of Street Fighter V

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
SFV was grumbled about for years because of it's insanely poor launch mainly, but the grumbling continued for years because of the the specifics of the fighting engine and the game being perceived as an oversimplification from previous entries. Only in the past couple of years has the majority opinion on the game turned around as Capcom has done quite a lot to improve what was there.