Metro RF: The PS5 price hike is the final mistake for Sony and the PlayStation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake29

21 Jun 2022
The only one that goes third party will be Microsoft with Xbox. I'm also more interested in the new studios Sony has acquired who can easily make fresh new IP's. Then MS just buying up everything just to put it behind a subscription wall. They don't care about fresh new IP or gaming experiences...just load off content and it doesn't matter if the quality is any good.

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
The only one that goes third party will be Microsoft with Xbox. I'm also more interested in the new studios Sony has acquired who can easily make fresh new IP's. Then MS just buying up everything just to put it behind a subscription wall. They don't care about fresh new IP or gaming experiences...just load off content and it doesn't matter if the quality is any good.
Games like Pentiment, Grounded, and Sea of Thieves says hi. Say what you want about Xbox but making fresh and imaginative IP isn't something they lack. The subscription wall talk is also nonsense because again all Xbox software can be purchased at normal retailers. No subscription required. Something that sadly can't be said of Sony's digital software. There is no need to spread misinformation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bernd Lauert

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely hilarious takes 🤣

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Games like Pentiment, Grounded, and Sea of Thieves says hi. Say what you want about Xbox but making fresh and imaginative IP isn't something they lack. The subscription wall talk is also nonsense because again all Xbox software can be purchased at normal retailers. No subscription required. Something that sadly can't be said of Sony's digital software. There is no need to spread misinformation.
If those three games are an example of the best they can come up with, they're screwed.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

As expected here is PlayStation's first mobile studio for Sony's 3rd party future.
Sony will acquire a few more no-name studios for a few dollars, while Microsoft will go after their third publisher soon.

Going after a third publisher is going to get their asses in trouble with the ftc. Their last deal still hasn't gone through as of yet.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No but they are going 3rd party soon.
Which makes sense. Sony doesn't have the money or talent to compete with today's Microsoft and Nintendo.
And Jim Ryan realized this and started the "change".
I bet you really believe this lol which is insane  They make more in subscription services and gaming in general than the competition yet thy don't have the money or talent 😂😂😂 No, just no, there is just more money to be had opening your portfolio up to more consumers, ever thought about that? 🤔

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
If those three games are an example of the best they can come up with, they're screwed.
They were examples of unique gaming experiences. You can toss in Flight Simulator as well. MS makes lots of games other platform holders don't. There are plenty of traditional titles as well and after they've acquired Activision they'll have even more.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
There is just no way in hell PlayStation will become a software-only, 3rd party publisher any time soon.

I reckon they’ll get to at least PS8 based on inertia alone. It might be a dead platform walking by that stage, anything is possible… but the way things are going, there’s a huge possibility that they’ll be even more successful than they are today. To say otherwise is pure hubris and delusion.

D

Deleted member 13

There is just no way in hell PlayStation will become a software-only, 3rd party publisher any time soon.

I reckon they’ll get to at least PS8 based on inertia alone. It might be a dead platform walking by that stage, anything is possible… but the way things are going, there’s a huge possibility that they’ll be even more successful than they are today. To say otherwise is pure hubris and delusion.
I don't know about that to be honest. I am getting vibes of software only in the future but we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if MS and Sony abandon consoles next-generation (2027 and beyond).

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nintendo is not market leader. Fake news.

Switch is a handheld and performs on par as a Nintendo handheld always has.

Nintendo surrendered and QUIT the console market. Get over it. It happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.