Microsoft anticipates PS5 Slim is coming out this year

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I mean.... A slim is nice because the PS5 is a monster. And even more than its size is the flimsy stand.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Pretty sure Sony has said $599 still haunts them. It's gonna be $500.
Could be $550, sometimes $50 can go a long way!

I think that releasing a new higher end SKU allows them to maintain or bump prices while selling a second console in the generation to their most enthusiastic clients as well as those who just want the best possible PS.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They’re selling record numbers at $600.

They don’t need to price drop anytime soon. Even with a revision.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No, starfield + GP will just crush Sony to death, especially if they have another show with all those CGI trailers that people only notice in Sony's shows.
Nah, Sony has multiple exclusives this year like FFXVI, Spider-Man 2 or FFVII Rebirth that will outperform Starfield. Plus smaller exclusives to address different niches like Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Resident Evil 4 remake VR or Granblue Fantasy Relink.

Sony will continue outperforming MS this and next year, as they did in the prevous ones.

I think that the potential release of a slim/SKU without disk drive but with a detachable add-on disk drive and a gamepad with a screen on it won't significatively affect the market. I think that Sony will continue dominating MS because of their bigger and lineup of good multiplatform and exclusive games that appeal a wider audience with different tastes.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nah, Sony has multiple exclusives this year like FFXVI, Spider-Man 2 or FFVII Rebirth that will outperform Starfield. Plus smaller exclusives to address different niches like Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Resident Evil 4 remake VR or Granblue Fantasy Relink.

Sony will continue outperforming MS this and next year, as they did in the prevous ones.

I think that the potential release of a slim/SKU without disk drive but with a detachable add-on disk drive and a gamepad with a screen on it won't significatively affect the market. I think that Sony will continue dominating MS because of their bigger and lineup of good multiplatform and exclusive games that appeal a wider audience with different tastes.
I think MS may have outsold the PS3 with the 360 in 2005 and 2006, globally. Other than that I'm not so sure it ever happened again.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Could be $550, sometimes $50 can go a long way!

I think that releasing a new higher end SKU allows them to maintain or bump prices while selling a second console in the generation to their most enthusiastic clients as well as those who just want the best possible PS.
Releasing a Pro above $500 in 2024 will not go over well.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They’re selling record numbers at $600.

They don’t need to price drop anytime soon. Even with a revision.
Yes they do? They need to sell 25 million. They are not selling record amounts anymore. That's why they are discounting prices all over to move out stock faster. There's no way a $600 PS5 Pro would sell well. The PS5 is already profitable. They initially raised prices to counter off them paying for to mass produce PS5's last year to fix supply chains. They won't have such issues next year.

Prices need to be stable not keep increasing as the gen goes on.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I think MS may have outsold the PS3 with the 360 in 2005 and 2006, globally. Other than that I'm not so sure it ever happened again.
That sounds strange to me, didn't PS3 start that gen late, or am I too stoned and missed the joke lol

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That sounds strange to me, didn't PS3 start that gen late, or am I too stoned and missed the joke lol
Well, yes the ps3 came out about one year after the 360. After that it had to sell more to eventually catch up by 2013.

You are too stoned, or my joke is too niche for people to get it. I'm so misunderstood by the world.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS3 was released late 2006 for NA & JP, and got released in 2007 for EU.

So yes, 360 must have outsold PS3 when PS3 still wasn't released worldwide.