Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
What's the point of a pre order marketing deal where the majority of people are just going to play it on Gamepass and the sales in general are going to be garbage.
I think they know ABK isn't going to go through and they will be doing this in the future going forward

Bort

8 Jan 2023
most of the militant ones just spend countless hours to gain ms rewards points,they are so cheap that they cant spend 12 bucks a month
I'm even worse. I have multiple accounts at work for my employees, and their points have been paying for my gamepass/games for years. You can order an Xbox Live Gold 3 Month key, and you can apply it to any account, becoming 50 days of GPU.

(At work, we spend thousands per month in the MS portal. But free is free! I once took a pill I found on the ground, thinking it was MDMA, but it may have been either battery acid with dog food, or a microchip that will force me to attack the most powerful person on earth... Cher)

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
What's the point of a pre order marketing deal where the majority of people are just going to play it on Gamepass and the sales in general are going to be garbage.
they go hand in hand i guess. they know pre-orders will be low/non-existant on xbox to begin with, so they don't want publishers to see a 20:1 pre-order ratio in favour of competing platforms.

all in all, it lowers interest and sales volume for the other versions in the initial sales period, and builds a brand association between persona/xbox. a very dangerous thing.

i just don't see how this deal helps sega/atlus at all. Unless the gamepass moneybag was big, really big.

for instance on day 1, the sales for the xbox version will have had a head start on the competition to roughly a month's-worth of preorders...

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
If it is true that they did this, then it would make some (not all) people sign up to Gamepass even if its a small amount its an increase in subscriptions and we know that is there main focus.

Bort

8 Jan 2023
On a positive, MS have a pretty easy refund policy. Similar to Steam.

So if you preordered this new game, then realise it's slightly dated, refund that stuff!

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
If it is true that they did this, then it would make some (not all) people sign up to Gamepass even if its a small amount its an increase in subscriptions and we know that is there main focus.
yeah, or for multiple console owners who might've impulse pre-ordered it elsewhere, it gets them to wait until release day, in which case you can play it 'for free' on gamepass.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If it was Sony doing this it would be frontpage on every website and forum. Elon Musk would be buying new servers for Twitter traffic.

Poor Atlus they have to deal with this trash because of Sega. All the devs are cursing the day they sold to that MS sideho.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is an attempt to market it as a faux exclusive. It’s so dirty :ROFLMAO:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Atlus, and Sega in general, really sold their soul to work with microsoft it seems.
My worry is that it's a sign that they may be close to getting bought out by MS. Though the fact that they are owned by Sammy, which does many things in industries that MS isn't involved in may make that complicated.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Atlus content creators were seemingly told as much.

MS is 100% blocking presales on other platforms.

remember they also have a 48hr delay on all persona content, be it trailers, announcements or whatever, for other platforms.

I doubt any of this will extend to Persona 6, but it goes to show that MS has no problem paying for 'blocking rights'. Even for something as petty as trailers and pre-order windows.

Isn't this the same company that launched a PR campaign painting themselves as the victim against Sony for the latter having marketing deals?

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
SEGA/ATLUS agreed to this by taking the money. No one twisted anyone's arms. Kinda funny devs/pubs get off scoff free most of the time in the public discourse while the anger and emotional outburst are directed at console manufacturers when the deals happen, whether by Sony or MS. IF SEGA/ATLUS gave two flying fucks about their consumers on PS platforms (who partly made them btw ) they may have said no in the negotiation process to this clause but they clearly did not. MS should be rightfully looking at the best possible deal for their money. Unfortunately these discussions always turn partisan and fail to direct the heat at the most scummy party of all - the dev/pub house whoring for the greenback.

It's what it's.

Last edited:

Bort

8 Jan 2023
Isn't this the same company that launched a PR campaign painting themselves as the victim against Sony for the latter having marketing deals?
I honestly didn't realise what the gjst of this forum was for almost 24 hours, but I get it now.

"Yas. They are so dastardly! MS would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that dog"

How dare they something something preorders? Does anyone actually care? I'm pretty sure they won't sell out of digital copies. And a weird marketing deal?

Personwahhh

we not only ignore hypocrisy, we become emboldened, and entitlements are necessary.

When calling people 'retards' was funny to mods, I should have immediately known.

Have a great time kittens.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I honestly didn't realise what the gjst of this forum was for almost 24 hours, but I get it now.

"Yas. They are so dastardly! MS would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that dog"

How dare they something something preorders? Does anyone actually care? I'm pretty sure they won't sell out of digital copies. And a weird marketing deal?

Personwahhh

we not only ignore hypocrisy, we become emboldened, and entitlements are necessary.

When calling people 'retards' was funny to mods, I should have immediately known.

Eh, I'll concede that this preorder stuff probably isn't a big deal. I still feel like stuff like this is a sign that MS and Sega are getting closer and gearing up for a merger somewhere down the line.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Personwahhh

I already outlined why it's bad, beyond seeing the ugly xbox barf green on promo material. I'd like to actually know if i can pre-load/when it unlocks so i can play it during my hectic upcoming winter work schedule.

beyond that, it gives the xbox version a headstart in sales numbers, and has the potential to disrupt persona 6's launch plans. Any Xbox favoritism for this franchise is a no-go IMO.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Personwahhh

What did you "get'?