Microsoft Blocking pre-orders for Persona 3/4 on Switch and PS4 in order to cook books for the xbox versions, purposefully gimped the PS5 version

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I agree but at the same time, there's going to be more consolidation and not just by Microsoft and a lot of people simply need to accept it especially since none of us can do anything about it.
no one is buying 2 or 3 biggest publishers. so if one will be acquired by third party, all those games still comes to all platforms.
the balance still won't change. new indie will appear, new AA studios will appear from people who moved from sony, m$ and other bigger publisher.
most buyers want profit, so they will create and release wherever is profitable. so we, as gamers won't be screwed.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Guess Microsoft saw Sony doing it with Square Enix and decided to copy it lmao
Well, to be fair getting exclusivity of preorders for a late multiplatform ports of a couple of Persona PSP games isn't the same than getting exclusivity of the actual games of new Final Fantasy and other AAA Square Enix games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Well, to be fair getting exclusivity of preorders for a late multiplatform ports of a couple of Persona PSP games isn't the same than getting exclusivity of the actual games of new Final Fantasy and other AAA Square Enix games.
or buying entire publishers that do the majority of their business on competing platforms (Bethesda, Activision).

Hell even Ninja Theory. Heavenly Sword and Hellblade were PlayStation exclusives, lol.

P

peter42O

no one is buying 2 or 3 biggest publishers. so if one will be acquired by third party, all those games still comes to all platforms.
the balance still won't change. new indie will appear, new AA studios will appear from people who moved from sony, m$ and other bigger publisher.
most buyers want profit, so they will create and release wherever is profitable. so we, as gamers won't be screwed.

Yeah, true but when publishers are looking to sell, what should Microsoft do? Pass on them? That would be horrible business. Microsoft was only able to acquire ABK because of all the fucked up shit that company has done and it all became public. As for Bethesda, they were looking to sell for almost two years and both Google and EA were in on the bidding and neither came close and while EA would fit with what you said, what if Google would have acquired Bethesda? Then what? You would all the games exclusive to Stadia which was streaming only and you could only buy the games. No subscription, no digital downloads or physical discs. Would that have been better than Microsoft? To each their own but not to me. Not even close.

If Microsoft buys studios like they did in 2018, everyone will still bitch. If Microsoft pays for timed exclusivity for games on the level of Rise of the Tomb Raider, everyone will still bitch. If Microsoft acquires publishers, everyone will still bitch. Regardless of what Microsoft does or doesn't do, everyone will still bitch which is why I always say, they should do whatever they feel is best for their business and Xbox eco-system because no matter what they do, they'll never win over certain people like the vast majority here so why worry about them? Answer is you don't. Microsoft will do what they feel is best and that's it. People can love it or hate it but they sure as hell will have to accept it.

As someone who owns both XSX and PS5, doesn't matter what either do. I only favor Microsoft for one main reason - Game Pass. I'm not a collector and don't give two shits about game ownership which I see as highly overrated anyway so the more Microsoft acquires, the more games I get on Game Pass day one which was one of my primary reasons for switching to Xbox as my primary gaming console for this generation.

Hopefully, Sony can acquire Square Enix at some point so PlayStation fans can at least have a Bethesda level acquisition and for Xbox fans, they can stop bitching about Final Fantasy. Either way, I will sit back, watch and enjoy it all while also taking full advantage of what both Microsoft and Sony offer me.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah, true but when publishers are looking to sell, what should Microsoft do? Pass on them? That would be horrible business. Microsoft was only able to acquire ABK because of all the fucked up shit that company has done and it all became public. As for Bethesda, they were looking to sell for almost two years and both Google and EA were in on the bidding and neither came close and while EA would fit with what you said, what if Google would have acquired Bethesda? Then what? You would all the games exclusive to Stadia which was streaming only and you could only buy the games. No subscription, no digital downloads or physical discs. Would that have been better than Microsoft? To each their own but not to me. Not even close.

If Microsoft buys studios like they did in 2018, everyone will still bitch. If Microsoft pays for timed exclusivity for games on the level of Rise of the Tomb Raider, everyone will still bitch. If Microsoft acquires publishers, everyone will still bitch. Regardless of what Microsoft does or doesn't do, everyone will still bitch which is why I always say, they should do whatever they feel is best for their business and Xbox eco-system because no matter what they do, they'll never win over certain people like the vast majority here so why worry about them? Answer is you don't. Microsoft will do what they feel is best and that's it. People can love it or hate it but they sure as hell will have to accept it.

As someone who owns both XSX and PS5, doesn't matter what either do. I only favor Microsoft for one main reason - Game Pass. I'm not a collector and don't give two shits about game ownership which I see as highly overrated anyway so the more Microsoft acquires, the more games I get on Game Pass day one which was one of my primary reasons for switching to Xbox as my primary gaming console for this generation.

Hopefully, Sony can acquire Square Enix at some point so PlayStation fans can at least have a Bethesda level acquisition and for Xbox fans, they can stop bitching about Final Fantasy. Either way, I will sit back, watch and enjoy it all while also taking full advantage of what both Microsoft and Sony offer me.

You are in favour of MS because gamepass but PlayStation has a better service. Funny

Also funny is that you, as a gamer, keep defending consolidation, something that never backfired on consumers. Ever.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Regardless of what Microsoft does or doesn't do, everyone will still bitch which is why I always say, they should do whatever they feel is best for their business and Xbox eco-system because no matter what they do
how about creating games? maybe try this way? they have most studios and developers from platform holders.

how are those Oreos? 😂

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
or buying entire publishers that do the majority of their business on competing platforms (Bethesda, Activision).

Hell even Ninja Theory. Heavenly Sword and Hellblade were PlayStation exclusives, lol.
True

how about creating games? maybe try this way? they have most studios and developers from platform holders.

how are those Oreos? 😂
Why do you want games? Don't you prefer to have Oreo skins, cook books or nail polish?

Atlus, and Sega in general, really sold their soul to work with microsoft it seems.
Awesome! I hope MS sent over trucks of cash for Persona 6 too. 😊

Nah, Sega simply decided to bet on full multiplatform and game subs to get more revenue from more platforms, it doesn't mean that the other ones who until now didn't have them paid them to do so.

This preorder thing maybe is only a side effect of that, only a marketing deal related to including these multiplatform old ports on GP.
Their future games will -at least most of them- be multiplatform.

The folks that get them for the first time spend marketing on them to say 'hey, we also have them'. Same as happened when MS got GTA or FF, or when Sony did get a Bungie game.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022

how are those Oreos? 😂

loop dumping GIF

P

peter42O

You are in favour of MS because gamepass but PlayStation has a better service. Funny

Also funny is that you, as a gamer, keep defending consolidation, something that never backfired on consumers. Ever.

PlayStation Plus is nowhere close to Game Pass for me. In addition to Microsoft's first party games day one, im getting Monster Hunter Rise and Atomic Heart day one in the first two months of 2023 with ten more months to go. Does Sony have any day one games coming to PlayStation Plus? If not, how would it be better for me?

It's not that I defend consolidation, it's just that I can't do anything about it and I know there's more to come throughout this generation. I have never seen anyone bitch about Embracer Group who has acquired more studios than Microsoft has including ABK. Why is that? Is it because PlayStation doesn't lose any of their future games because this tells me, it's not consolidation that bothers people, it's who's doing it that bothers people.

how are those Oreos? 😂

They are creating games. Games take normally 5 years minimum. What do you expect? Them to release an AAA game in like two years? That's not happening. They've created Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Flight Simulator, Age of Empires series, Fable, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade 2 and have put in more money, resources and time into games like Starfield and Redfall which will only make them better.

Hahaha. No thanks. Only way im eating an Oreo cookie is via Friendly's Ice Cream cookies and cream. The actual cookies out of the package, no thanks, you can have them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PlayStation Plus is nowhere close to Game Pass for me. In addition to Microsoft's first party games day one, im getting Monster Hunter Rise and Atomic Heart day one in the first two months of 2023 with ten more months to go. Does Sony have any day one games coming to PlayStation Plus? If not, how would it be better for me?

It's not that I defend consolidation, it's just that I can't do anything about it and I know there's more to come throughout this generation. I have never seen anyone bitch about Embracer Group who has acquired more studios than Microsoft has including ABK. Why is that? Is it because PlayStation doesn't lose any of their future games because this tells me, it's not consolidation that bothers people, it's who's doing it that bothers people.

They are creating games. Games take normally 5 years minimum. What do you expect? Them to release an AAA game in like two years? That's not happening. They've created Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Flight Simulator, Age of Empires series, Fable, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade 2 and have put in more money, resources and time into games like Starfield and Redfall which will only make them better.

Hahaha. No thanks. Only way im eating an Oreo cookie is via Friendly's Ice Cream cookies and cream. The actual cookies out of the package, no thanks, you can have them.
they created 3 games out of this list. other aren't released, don't have release date or they don't developed it.
so concentrate on those games and creating more, instead of consolidate market when you can't manage what you have.

when Sony screwed up with PS3, they didn't go shopping and bought multiple publishers, they actually went to drawing board, and created games, amazing games, many many many games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

MH:R isn't coming to game pass day 1, it's been out for a year.

P

peter42O

they created 3 games out of this list. other aren't released, don't have release date or they don't developed it.
so concentrate on those games and creating more, instead of consolidate market when you can't manage what you have.

when Sony screwed up with PS3, they didn't go shopping and bought multiple publishers, they actually went to drawing board, and created games, amazing games, many many many games.

How do you get only 3 games? Oh, that's right. Even the studios Microsoft acquired like Ninja Theory, Obsidian and others don't count either, huh? This is exactly why I want Microsoft to acquire more studios and/or publishers because like I said earlier, no matter what Microsoft does, people like you will always bitch about what they're doing and will never win you over which is why, I say fuck it, I want them to buy more just because I know it will piss people like you off and that I find hilarious because Sony acquired 13 out of the 22 studios they have but im sure they all count for reasons, right? lmao

MH:R isn't coming to game pass day 1, it's been out for a year.

Technically, it's been two years since it released on Switch but for PlayStation and Xbox, it's a brand new release for both and for Xbox, it's day one on Game Pass.

• brain
Reactions: Yossarian

Hestia Bestia

7 Jul 2022
I mean the joke's on them, this won't stop the Xbox versions from being outsold by the Switch/PS versions multiple times over regardless.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

They've only purchased two publishers, and one of them was going to be going away no matter what. I'd much rather a company purchase studios and allow them to make console exclusive games than purchase exclusivity, temporarily or otherwise. I find it funny that you brag about Sony making so many PS3 games... they didn't. Sucker Punch and Media Molecule both started that generation as independent studios before being brought by Sony during it (and Guerrilla the year before the PS3 launched.) And beyond that, Blue Point and Insomniac were both independent that just so happened to release PS3 exclusives, that wasn't Sony getting down to work. Their actual first party stable was small and anemic in that generation, if you don't count the aquired studios or work for hire games.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How do you get only 3 games? Oh, that's right. Even the studios Microsoft acquired like Ninja Theory, Obsidian and others don't count either, huh? This is exactly why I want Microsoft to acquire more studios and/or publishers because like I said earlier, no matter what Microsoft does, people like you will always bitch about what they're doing and will never win you over which is why, I say fuck it, I want them to buy more just because I know it will piss people like you off and that I find hilarious because Sony acquired 13 out of the 22 studios they have but im sure they all count for reasons, right? lmao

Technically, it's been two years since it released on Switch but for PlayStation and Xbox, it's a brand new release for both and for Xbox, it's day one on Game Pass.
They created halo, Forza.
Flight simulator and age of empires isn't first party.
Everything else isn't released or have released date.
Nowhere where I said that those games you mentioned isn't counted.

It would piss me off whomever would do it, doesn't really matter.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I think it's their last try and attempt to do anything to make Xbox version sell well before P6 platforms releases got locked, so maybe that would motivate Atlus to release P6 on Xbox too. Cause if those games won't sell you know Atus won't bother with Xbox version for P6 and make it only Playstation consoles and Sony won't even have to do much effort for that.

• Informative
Reactions: Yossarian

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They've only purchased two publishers, and one of them was going to be going away no matter what. I'd much rather a company purchase studios and allow them to make console exclusive games than purchase exclusivity, temporarily or otherwise. I find it funny that you brag about Sony making so many PS3 games... they didn't. Sucker Punch and Media Molecule both started that generation as independent studios before being brought by Sony during it (and Guerrilla the year before the PS3 launched.) And beyond that, Blue Point, Insomniac and Naughty Dog were all independent that just so happened to release PS3 exclusives, that wasn't Sony getting down to work. Their actual first party stable was small and anemic in that generation, if you don't count the aquired studios or work for hire games.
They just so happened to release PS3 exclusives??? Sony paid and published them.

Sony acquired Naughty Dog in 2001. What games are you talking about exactly?

Resistance and Ratchet from Insomniac are Sony IPs too. Infamous and Sly from Sucker Punch is Sony. Killzone (Guerilla).

Lots of bs in your post. Use Wikipedia next time.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They just so happened to release PS3 exclusives??? Sony paid and published them.
You say this like its some sort of good thing. Paid exclusivity is far worse than purchasing a studio. Weird that you think Flight Simulator shouldn't count for Gamepass because Microsoft outsourced development but R&C should count for PS when Sony did the same thing (except worse, since it was a new IP they were buying instead of a first party revival.)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You say this like its some sort of good thing. Paid exclusivity is far worse than purchasing a studio. Weird that you think Flight Simulator shouldn't count for Gamepass because Microsoft outsourced development but R&C should count for PS when Sony did the same thing (except worse, since it was a new IP they were buying instead of a first party revival.)
But they didn't pay for exclusivity. They paid for the development of the games. The games wouldn't exist and wouldn't get made without a publisher. In this case it was Sony.

You think Insomniac was making games for free with no outside funding? Sony was publishing, it was their IP. They didn't buy it.

I'm not sure you understand how the industry works. Weird conversation. Next you'll tell me Sony blocked Bloodborne from Game Pass like that document from MS said 😆

Reactions: arvfab

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You think Insomniac was making games for free with no outside funding? Sony was publishing, it was their IP. They didn't buy it.
R&C (or, more accurately, a project that morphed into it) was pitched around the industry and Sony picked it up. What different is that from Microsoft selecting a 3rd party studio to make a new Flight Simulator?