Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX - 12 PM PT | 3 PM ET | 8PM GMT

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
lol dude is mad because he was wrong.....Tighten up.

No body was really wrong, all Xbox are doing is saving face for the time being. All those rumours will come true eventually.

All that business update really said was we're going to announce it when we're ready we're not going to confirm the rumours even though they are true. The fact that anybody who takes anything Phil Spencer says at face value is crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: The Icon

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
No body was really wrong, all Xbox are doing is saving face for the time being. All those rumours will come true eventually.

All that business update really said was we're going to announce it when we're ready we're not going to confirm the rumours even though they are true. The fact that anybody who takes anything Phil Spencer says at face value is crazy.
he said xbox isnt making a next gen console, but some type of weird stream device. But we just got it confirmed xbox is not leaving the console space, yet he still wants to play games and say their not. Weird.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What was the bet?
He said to prepare for Sony putting all their games on PC day 1. I bet him it wouldn't happen. Because it's a bet where an outcome in my favour would be perpetually assessed for as long as Sony had the ability to port day 1 but hadn't done so yet, the terms were that he give me $100 now and I'll give him $200 as soon as Sony does what he's certain they'll do. Buuut he's just trolling, or is poor.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
New cope is that the people in charge of Xbox chose these 4 flopped games to be able to tell Nadella and MS board "see our games ain't going to sell on PlayStation". :ROFLMAO:

Heard it on the Defining Duke podcast.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
New cope is that the people in charge of Xbox chose these 4 flopped games to be able to tell Nadella and MS board "see our games ain't going to sell on PlayStation". :ROFLMAO:

Heard it on the Defining Duke podcast.
Yeah I'm sure Nadella is that dumb.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Another observation, if Phil Spencer thinks that in 5 years exclusives won't be a big part of this industry than it mean the games he is making right now are already being made as multiplataform release since games are easily taking more than 5 years to be made these days.

He also seems to think they'll have destroyed Nintendo somehow.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Stolen from 4chan on why did Xbox fail?

“A couple of major issues that have always been there
>weak Japanese presence
>tethered to incompetent Microsoft upper managaement
>youngest console on the market
And some issues that Don Mattrick introduced
>Ruined Xbox's launch in 8th gen, ensuring the Digital-Library entrenchment happened almost entirely on Playstation
>This in turn leads everyone on Playstation 4 to treat PS5 as the default upgrade
Exacerbated by Phil's incompetence
>Try to skip steps and buy Xbox's relevance back (as opposed to building studios slowly)
>Put Xbox games on PC Day-and-Date
>Some of the worst taste for picking studios and exclusives to buy
Made worse by Satya Nadella's policies
>minimize full-time employees on projects and favor having 90% contractor workforce that ensures development produces unmaintainable spaghetti code and nobody knows how the internal tools work
If they had just taken their time, had some patience, and focused on building up a bunch of new studios and funding a ton of mid-budget exclusives, they could have had a real chance of being back to 50% market share with Sony
They should have done what Nintendo did after the Game Cube and focused on their 1st party output and cultivating their internal studios“

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja