Microsoft claims it can get Call of Duty Warzone and MW2 running natively on Switch

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
So when do we get the decision for this shit show?
Or they will drag for another billion years

EN250

17 Feb 2023
I mean, sure, Activision could do it rn if they wanted to, thing is, it's not going be near to current gen standard or even last gen versions because the hardware differences are big enough, so by that point why would anyone would want to play such an awful version?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lmaooo pc gpu from 2015 is at least an order of magnitude stronger than the switch, potentially close to 20x undocked

Good fuckin luck

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So... The Activision development team has said they can't port to the switch due to hardware limitations, but Microsoft, whose studios can't release a marquee franchise with substantial improvements over last-gen efforts (Halo Infinite) says they can?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel
No, Activision said it didn't port due to lack of financial justification (it would take a top of the line port-house to do, didn't seem to fit the profile of other successful Switch games and by the time it was coming out there would be a new CoD on the way and no interest in the old one.) Microsoft isn't doing it to be profitable, but instead in order to get the deal through. Thus they will do it regardless of whether it actually pays for itself or not.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nah mate. If we go by flops alone, the WiiU had ~350 gigaflops, while the Switch has ~1 teraflop. The switch is as powerful as a modern toaster, but even if we ignore teraflops, it's way more powerful. The WiiU is an evolved Wii in a portable form factor.
Other than the name the Wii U shared little with the Wii. BC was done through emulation, IIRC with the system being much more similar to a suped-up 360. It also wasn't portable.

Reactions: Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What's that the equivalent of, a 910m? How would that run CoD in 2024?
It is pretty close to GeForce 830M... they are the same Maxwell arch so share the same feature set.
900m is Klepler already.

But take in mind that while being similar config the Switch runs at way lower clocks... even docked it is more like 60-70% of 830M.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hezekiah

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The switch GPU is the equivalent of a 9800GT. That's a desktop card from 2008.
It is even stronger that the 9800GTX+... they are not comparables.
It is a Maxwell with 256 shaders units like the cut down GM108 found in 830M.

Switch GPU due the lower clock will probably performance around 60-70% of 830M full clocked... it can go down to 25-35% undocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
D
I mean the call of duty I played on WiiU didn’t look horrible and Switch is around that level of processing power, but a bit more efficient. But we all know what this is about.

I’m be more concerned about the file size.
The wii u games weren't the same as the mainline ones were they?