Microsoft ‘clear winner’ in video game space this Black Friday with X Box Series X most in-demand hardware. Prepare for mental gymnastics 😂

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I wonder what losses they are swallowing on those consoles.

If I recall the wafer(silicon) i think it was called is much larger than the one in the PS5 so in essence, they were already selling it at a loss compared to the ps5, 12 vs 10, and then to go and discount it another 100 bucks, they must be taking a gigantic hit on the Xbox x.

I am not very technical but i hope some understands what i am saying lol

I miss my good friend GeordieTemp, fs where are you.
Microsoft loses $200 per Series X sold. They have not hit critical mass to make paying for a die shrink worthwhile, which is usually the point where a modern console hits profitability.

The PS5 is on its third die shrink and was profitable after the first one.

I find the notion that more Xboxes sitting on shelves and more Xbox bundles means they won the day hilarious. Also, what’s the point in winning one day when you’re getting curbstomped on the other 364?

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
“Most in demand”
“Availability”
“Discounted bundles”

Ok but did it sell more? Article says nothing about that.

Too much spin for Xbox from media.

Oh and I bet green rats believe hardware sales matter again.
So much this. It's a PR blitz to try and counter the damage from the recent xbox management infighting. Usual suspects spreading bs. Expecting a few more from Windows Central.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It would be funny if the Portal outsells the Xbox for November but Sony can’t make enough for whatever reason.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Doesn't match the data that we have but whatever. It's Patcher, of course he will shill for Microsoft. They are always the winner in his world 🙄

You've mentioned Patcher? Still have this old gif :

SReAp.gif

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It would be funny if the Portal outsells the Xbox for November but Sony can’t make enough for whatever reason.
It definitely would have but spot on with not enough units. I've been searching everyday to snag one even though thy said they'd have more in beginning of December.

Reactions: Entropi
26 Nov 2023
I’ll never forget I got banned on gaf many, many years ago, before the split, because I made a post saying “ew” on a Pachter thread and caught a perm for drive-by posting 😂 That place had insane moderation back in the day. But I take pride in being an OG Pachter hater lol

Anyway, would love to see numbers. But I’m sure that even if this is true it’s gonna be a massive PR spin by ambassadors given how dire HW news has been.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I’ll never forget I got banned on gaf many, many years ago, before the split, because I made a post saying “ew” on a Pachter thread and caught a perm for drive-by posting 😂 That place had insane moderation back in the day. But I take pride in being an OG Pachter hater lol

Anyway, would love to see numbers. But I’m sure that even if this is true it’s gonna be a massive PR spin by ambassadors given how dire HW news has been.
Bro this is clearly strategic lying like they always do, they've done this a few times confusing ppl and making them think they won black Friday when they got slaughtered..

Microsoft was the clear winner on a combination of availability, discounting and Diablo IV” (WTF does this even mean 😂😂)

Now let's see when November numbers are released

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
yes but, even with those numbers, with the publicly available guesstimate of $10,000/wafer ~360mm^2 dies yield 120ish dies on a 300mm wafer, whereas 260mm^2 yield 190ish when accounting for defects. The difference is ps5 chip costs ~$55 and xbox chip costs ~$80
Something tells me that MS choose to focus in Series S chips instead Series X (at some point more than 50% of their production wafers were to Series S chips) is due the efficiency, or how many good chips per wafer, they were getting with Series X chip.

I don’t think they are getting 120 good chips per wafer… let’s say they are getting 100… that increases the price per chip to $100 using $10000 per wafer.

And somehow I believe they are not getting 100 chips per wafer due the size of their chip… the bigger the chip the bigger the chance to enter in a area that will turn out defective in a wafer… they can disable 4 CUs I believe to counter these defective areas but even so I don’t know a chip with 5 defective CUs will be fully failure to them.

But that is just guess on my part.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In another guess…

MS will release a new version probably with 6nm next year so they need to get rid of any inventory they have now.

This $350 will last until that happens.

26 Nov 2023
Bro this is clearly strategic lying like they always do, they've done this a few times confusing ppl and making them think they won black Friday when they got slaughtered..

Microsoft was the clear winner on a combination of availability, discounting and Diablo IV” (WTF does this even mean 😂😂)

Now let's see when November numbers are released

Especially when there’s no numbers lol Then again to some Pachter’s word means more than hard data

24 Jun 2022

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So funny how unclear his language is. He is so similar to how Microsoft dance around facts, same tactics.

The thing is that the real figures will come out and I was just at the biggest retailer in my country and what he said is the opposite of what the employees told me and what I see

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So funny how unclear his language is. He is so similar to how Microsoft dance around facts, same tactics.

The thing is that the real figures will come out and I was just at the biggest retailer in my country and what he said is the opposite of what the employees told me and what I see
Bro, using just common sense there is no way Microsoft sold better unless Sony had stock issues which I have'nt heard about besides the portal.

These spins are just annoying and dumb asf and only ppl tht ever believe them are zealots. Every year it's same shit and every year dumb ass fanboys hear this shit, use it as proof then end up looking like 🤡s after. They don't care, they don't have shame and they are masochists.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good that everyone here and on GAF sees through the fact that the dude literally never references sales figures once as a measure of winning Black Friday, but more concerning to me is how someone like Pachter is allowed to deceive the public and run PR for Microsoft.
To Microsofts detriment, any info that comes out about them is put under a microscope and not taken at face value (for good reason) because they manipulate and lie so much. They've done it forever from rrod, to sales, to kinect, to omg so many things I could make a crazy list. They and analysts have manipulated messages and black friday sales numbers before.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is a recurring thing yearly and then Xbots get excited forgetting that their console was tanking for 3 weeks leading up to Black Friday, so they're still the losers