Microsoft Earnings Call - FY23Q3 | 4% decline for MS Gaming, Xbox HW down 30%

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
Anyway... that create some questions.

MS doesn't seem to want to sell standalone Series X... instead seems like they want only to sell Series X Bundles or Series S.
Diablo Bundle seems to be avaiable to preorders in big quantities.
Series S already failed and reached a wall in sales.

I gues they want to eat the loses with the increase in BOM of the console with bundles.
No, the standalones sell out in minutes. The only things left are the bundles.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is on Gamepass, why would anyone buy it?
That is another miscomception.
You probably believe all Xbox Series owners sign to Gamepass.

MS themselves already said it is not... it was 70% at Series launch and probably dropped and today I won't be surprise if it is close to 50%... that is why they missed the Gamepass grow for 2 years in a row... the addoption dropped.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
507M for hardware. Thats like 1.4M consoles in quarter. Bad results for platform in third year.

Also where re gp numbers? Xbox division profits/loses? Gold subs?

Of course content ll be up. Even if they add 100k gp subs. Bigger games were released this quarter than last year. Like wtf? Positive growth? They expected drop? They either pay garbage analysts or they love to manipulate reports.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
507M for hardware. Thats like 1.4M consoles in quarter. Bad results for platform in third year.

Also where re gp numbers? Xbox division profits/loses? Gold subs?

Of course content ll be up. Even if they add 100k gp subs. Bigger games were released this quarter than last year. Like wtf? Positive growth? They expected drop? They either pay garbage analysts or they love to manipulate reports.

It's the absence of the GP numbers that is the big ? in all of this....

That is the cornerstone of their strategy and they can't release figures.... for well over a year and a half? Two years now?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The damage control is that it's the biggest Q2 for Xbox but the money comes from PlayStation and Nintendo users playing Minecraft and Bethesda games (and PC). Without that it would be the worst gen with 30% drop of hardware. Awful.

After spending 7.5 billion and with news that they are acquiring Activision..... you'd expect an explosion of growth.

To be honest, what can stop this brands demise? These are bandaids on a shotgun wound.... they are too late to fix this IMO.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I can only guess they didn't crosss a milestone...

20M annpunced
25M annpunced
30M waiting

Also, they said subscription and services revenue was up..... they said nothing about subscription numbers being up.

They stopped the loophole to upgrade for a dollar, so the gain is small enough that it could have just been some of the 1 dollar upgrade users paying full price....

The problem is that MSFT are so nontransparent

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
500M lifetime users. More useless stats.
Interesting the,y said growth in subs revenue but not number of users. Maybe its just people who paid 1 dollar re now paying full price.

Imagine when they add AB mobile users in reports. Records after records. Biggest quarter, most MAU everrrree.

Didnt realise they count every minecraft user on eve4y platforms as xbox user. Hilarious.

They re masters at spining. Give them that.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
500M lifetime users. More useless stats.
Interesting the,y said growth in subs revenue but not number of users. Maybe its just people who paid 1 dollar re now paying full price.

Imagine when they add AB mobile users in reports. Records after records. Biggest quarter, most MAU everrrree.

Didnt realise they count every minecraft user on eve4y platforms as xbox user. Hilarious.

They re masters at spining. Give them that.
Yeah they add all the numbers under "Xbox" to obfuscate how bad their ecosystem is doing. If they add Activision they will break every record even if they sell zero. Total manipulation.