Microsoft is talking to japanese publishers about acquisitions. Let's guess the next big Xbox acquisition.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You’re deluded lol. Microsoft will never get a Japanese publisher.

Sega is going the Konami route: focusing on resort, gambling, sports and wellness/fitness halls.

Capcom is owned by a family, and they don’t want to loose their independence. They are too close with Nintendo and Sony. No chance in hell.

Bandai is too big and wants grow to a bigger corporation. So no intention to sell to anybody.

If Square Enix sells than only to Sony. Square Enix despise Microsoft.

Xbox fanboys are delusional again.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
They will go after Sega in 2023.

You mean "go after Sega" as in "they will be the next ones to leave the console market after Sega"? I think 2023 is a bit early for that, but otherwise I think you are right.

OP
OP
Sleepy Brown

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Ohhhh it come from Grubb? That makes sense.
I agree they won’t announce anything until Activision deal is closed… that means nothing until half 2023.
another fake story with faked opinion. this Grubb dude is retarded or just pushing m$ nonsense.
go into Japan laws, make research about acquisitions.
Microsoft are reportedly in talks with big Japanese publishers but also smaller development studios over potential acquisitions claims games industry journalist Imran Khan in the Giant Bombcast episode 756 .
"[Microsoft] talked with major Japanese publishers about acquisitions," Khan said. "I can't speak on how far those conversations got but they are very clearly interested in some Japanese publishers and smaller studios."
Khan argues that Xbox Game Pass will come to a point where licencing costs will be so high that it makes more sense for Microsoft to simply buy the studio or publisher and all their IPs. He also adds that Phil Spencer's recent comments on acquisitions are not random and that the company certainly has plans in mind on where to go next in terms of buying more studios.
You’re deluded lol. Microsoft will never get a Japanese publisher.
Watch and learn.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Probably want From Software. If they buy Koei Tecmo I'm buying Xbox. Team Ninja only

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Probably want From Software. If they buy Koei Tecmo I'm buying Xbox. Team Ninja only
How about you guys inform yourself before typing something?

First in Japan you can’t put a bag full of money on the table and buy the company. That’s not how economics work. Secondly there a laws to follow. Laws don’t exist for fun, they have a purpose.

I heavily doubt Fromsoftware. They belong to Media Conglomerate (Kadokawa). Sony and Tencent already have bought shares of Fromsoftware. Fromsoftware is secure.

Koei Temco is heavily close with Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo does a lot of Musou game with Koei. And Sony is working close with Team Ninja (Nioh, Nioh 2 and Rise of Ronin). Put your ridiculous fantasy to rest, that Microsoft will ever be able to acquire a Japanese publisher.

• they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: Umar and Yossarian

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Couldn’t care less, I haven’t been into Japanese games since I was a teenager. I try them, but I just can’t get into them. They’re trash imho. Exception being the Deception series.

If they do buy anyone I guess make it someone big so it makes a splash.

• sad
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Grubb is great. Guy is 85%+ accurate according those who follow and post all his predictions and whatnot on Reddit. PlayStation fans must still be very salty that he was correct a year in advance with regards to Kojima working with Microsoft on an exclusive for Xbox. Hell, even I knew that shit and im a nobody yet everyone thought he was full of shit but obviously not. lol
Is this a serious post?

He's a clickbait idiot who throws a bunch of shit against the wall and waits to see what sticks lol.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Is this a serious post?

He's a clickbait idiot who throws a bunch of shit against the wall and waits to see what sticks lol.
Grubb actually runs M$, because he reported earlier then Nadella and Spencer even knew they are going to sign Kojima :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
  1. Literally no insider has been able to guess even ONE acquisition so far.
  2. Literally every acquisition rumor has been proven wrong as of now.
These are clout chasers getting more views and clicks for their videos. That's it. Move on.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Grubb is great. Guy is 85%+ accurate according those who follow and post all his predictions and whatnot on Reddit. PlayStation fans must still be very salty that he was correct a year in advance with regards to Kojima working with Microsoft on an exclusive for Xbox. Hell, even I knew that shit and im a nobody yet everyone thought he was full of shit but obviously not. lol
Nobody cares about this. At all.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022

First in Japan you can’t put a bag full of money on the table and buy the company. That’s not how economics work. Secondly there a laws to follow. Laws don’t exist for fun, they have a purpose.

I heavily doubt Fromsoftware. They belong to Media Conglomerate (Kadokawa). Sony and Tencent already have bought shares of Fromsoftware. Fromsoftware is secure.

Koei Temco is heavily close with Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo does a lot of Musou game with Koei. And Sony is working close with Team Ninja (Nioh, Nioh 2 and Rise of Ronin). Put your ridiculous fantasy to rest, that Microsoft will ever be able to acquire a Japanese publisher.
Boo hoo

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Microsoft are reportedly in talks with big Japanese publishers but also smaller development studios over potential acquisitions claims games industry journalist Imran Khan in the Giant Bombcast episode 756 .
"[Microsoft] talked with major Japanese publishers about acquisitions," Khan said. "I can't speak on how far those conversations got but they are very clearly interested in some Japanese publishers and smaller studios."
Khan argues that Xbox Game Pass will come to a point where licencing costs will be so high that it makes more sense for Microsoft to simply buy the studio or publisher and all their IPs. He also adds that Phil Spencer's recent comments on acquisitions are not random and that the company certainly has plans in mind on where to go next in terms of buying more studios.

Watch and learn.
They are in talk since 2019 or before.
Do you know why any deal happened yet?

Every year we have the same news about MS in talk, Phil traveling to Japan, etc from the same guys.

It is not easy to a American (or European) company buy a company in Japan… it is not that simple… and that is why until now it just talk.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Grubb is a broken clock.
He keep shooting the same rumors for years, repeating it every year and so one of them happens after some years and he says he was right while Xbox fans commemorate his tracking record and forgot all the wrong “predictions” lol

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
  1. Literally no insider has been able to guess even ONE acquisition so far.
  2. Literally every acquisition rumor has been proven wrong as of now.
These are clout chasers getting more views and clicks for their videos. That's it. Move on.
Yeah exactly. Some of the biggest deals ever in the gaming industry, and none of these so-called ITKs had a clue.

Honestly gaming is becoming like a football transfer window, with Microsoft fanboys in particular salivating over its next deal. Not because they think MS will bring any innovation, but because they don't want to buy games any more, mistakenly think MS will continue to provide access to AAA games for a cheap monthly fee ad infinitum, and of course to fuel list wars. It's pathetic.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Its probably sega but square enix is behaving like they want to be bought too. Not saying square wants to sell, or even would sell to microsoft, but if they want to sell and nobody else is offering, well who knows. If Sony wants to be cheap and pay for timed exclusives after seeing microsoft gobble up 2 publishers, well then thats their fault at this point.