Microsoft/Xbox did not believe in Redfall and wanted to end development quickly.

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023

Translation:
Having the chance to have in my clientele a lot of devs from Arkane Lyon, that's what comes out of it. Ms didn't really believe in redfall and seems to have wanted to finish development quickly. Arkane Lyon is working on a much more ambitious game I don't know more.

Fucking Great Management there Microsoft

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Translation:
Having the chance to have in my clientele a lot of devs from Arkane Lyon, that's what comes out of it. Ms didn't really believe in redfall and seems to have wanted to finish development quickly. Arkane Lyon is working on a much more ambitious game I don't know more.

So Microsoft just wanted it out the door asap?

Kinda makes sense looking at what the game shipped like, shame on then if true.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Translation:

Yes yes, of course, more ambition. We see ambition in redfall just fine.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why is there always an excuse? Why do Xbox always eventually get away with these things and their customers just never move?

That's what I don't get.

If there was a game that just needs to be pushed out, it is Suicide Squad...they need to cut their losses. It won't be a hit.

24 Jun 2022
Kind of felt like they were just gonna send this out to die after the previews got out, the backlash, and their silence on it. Sometimes you have to pick and choose but man, it really isn't good for MS's optics to have sacrificed RedFall as they have. From a business POV I get it; delaying the game again would have costed more money and expected returns might not have justified it. But at the end of the day it's just a bad look.

Although I don't know what Arkane Lyon's next game has to do with RedFall being a dud. Arkane Austin made RedFall IIRC; do the Austin and Lyon teams share project members? Maybe that's why it's mentioned, I dunno.

Either way if Starfield releases in a state even somewhat similar to RedFall, it's going to be an absolute disaster and I genuinely think that will pretty much mark MS's end as a platform holder, effectively. Sure they can stick around but no one outside of the most hardcore are going to care about their releases after that and it would take them years to build back up enough credibility for others to take an actual look or interest at their software again. So Starfield has to at least be a very solid and good game that meets expectations of modern AAA gaming (in terms of production values, scale, complexity etc.).

And it cannot be a buggy mess at launch. I don't think game reviewers will be very kind of Starfield if it's really janky TBH; especially after RedFall, I think even a lot of them are reaching a breaking point in how much they can cap for unpolished 1P releases from Microsoft. Halo Infinite making a lot of those reviewers look like clowns isn't helping, either, and they probably haven't forgotten about it.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Nah. Microsoft saved the reveal of this game to be their "one more thing" in e3 2021 with a long cg trailer. It opened their e3 last year. This is cope, spin, and i question the source being a literal who twitter account.

D

Deleted member 417

"We knew this game was shit, but just wait until you see what we have in development"

Go bollocks and pull the other one.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nah. Microsoft saved the reveal of this game to be their "one more thing" in e3 2021 with a long cg trailer. It opened their e3 last year. This is cope, spin, and i question the source being a literal who twitter account.
I think it was revealed too early. It looked rough enough but MS name checked every game that was in Bethesda's line up straight away for kudos. Notice how ABK started announcing future years away stuff right after MS bid on them. Misdirection shit to give an indication they are doing something.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I think it was revealed too early. It looked rough enough but MS name checked evwry game that was in Bethesda's line up straight away for kudos. Notice how ABK started announcing future years away stuff right after MS bid on them. Misdirection shit to give an indication they are doing something.

Wasn't the alpha leaks only a couple of years ago?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That's what you get when you don't have the balls to cancel a game when it looks like shit early on.

Evidence is mounting up to Starfield being shit too, we'll see. Is Starfield too big to fail?

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't buy this.

They marketed the game for Christ's sake. They were Redfall banners on gaming websites, reddit, etc. They flew people over for hands on previews. They are selling this at 70$!

Doesn't scream like a game they wanted to release and forget.

HiFi Rush shadow drop screams more like a "we are embarrassed we made this" kind of deal.

In any case, it makes you wonder how they value their subscription service subscribers if they rather just dump a piece of shit on it and move on.

Microsoft quality indeed.

Last edited: