Microsoft Xbox Thread

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I honestly dont want to see the XBOX fail.
actually, no I kinda do.
But not because i WANT it to fail, its just that seeing one of the 3 major console makers fall is kind of an historic event, I was too young when it happened to SEGA, and its kinda exciting to see all of it unfold.

• Shake
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I honestly dont want to see the XBOX fail.
actually, no I kinda do.
But not because i WANT it to fail, its just that seeing one of the 3 major console makers fall is kind of an historic event, I was too young when it happened to SEGA, and its kinda exciting to see all of it unfold.
I think Xbox will stick around, but it will take a form that the majority of its diehard fanbase won't be interested in cheerleading for.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
  • they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So its a copy of what sony did with the portal?
I already have two xbox cloud devices, My phone and my Samsung tv, and I dont use either to play xbox games.
Not a handheld. Something like a USB Drive or little box, with the only function to play your library and GP games via XCloud the report suggests.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hilarious.
The Xbox cheerleaders are desperately praying for Sony to go Day and Date on PC.
They still don’t understand this decision is only viable for MP games. Putting SP games on the same day as console on PC, doesn’t work out for Sony.
They want PlayStation to become like Xbox lol.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Hilarious.
The Xbox cheerleaders are desperately praying for Sony to go Day and Date on PC.
They still don’t understand this decision is only viable for MP games. Putting SP games on the same day as console on PC, doesn’t work out for Sony.
They want PlayStation to become like Xbox lol.
It’s not even viable for mp games, we’ll never see a Smash Bros or Splatoon game on PC, so I don’t get why people act like PC is needed…. But yeah misery loves company, Xbox games going to PC day 1 was a large part of what killed Xbox, and now they want Sony to suffer the same fate. A bunch of 🤡

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I mean, Xbox fanboys have been turning the console war into a nationalism issue for at least 3 console generations now.
They will say anything is they think it can sell a single xbox.

I assume in the UK/Australia/Canada they make it about the consoles being made by an "Anglo Saxon" company, which gets pretty close wo white supremacy feelings at that point... Even Catholics and Italians are not white enough for these people 🤷.

That kind of limit the global reach of xbox.

Reactions: AshHunter216

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
American patriotism ☠️

This proves how racist this incels are.

In my country, the Xbox 360 was only available in the form of hacked consoles and pirated DVDs.

But I can imagine that in those days in the US, players bought all this officially, and received high-quality games from XBOX's internal studios. Also, although I couldn't personally appreciate it, but as I know in those days, XBOX set the standards for multiplayer games (Halo, COD and many other releases), and those times were golden for a whole generation of gamers.

But then the XBOX One came along, and even then the situation could have been saved, there was a good launch lineup of games, and the reputation of the X360 that saved sales, but everything was destroyed by Phil Spencer, who killed the exclusive IPs and relied on subscriptions.

And the final blow was the forced crossplay with PC, it destroyed the MP community, which suffered from cheaters and was forced to leave the platform (and then MS cried that XBOX was in 3rd place, although they did everything to make it happen).

And after all this, there are people who wonder why XBOX is not loved? Many of its owners were simply disappointed and switched to PS4\PS5\NS or even PC.

Some have done it twice already, because they believed in the false promises before the launch of the Series.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
In my country, the Xbox 360 was only available in the form of hacked consoles and pirated DVDs.

But I can imagine that in those days in the US, players bought all this officially, and received high-quality games from XBOX's internal studios. Also, although I couldn't personally appreciate it, but as I know in those days, XBOX set the standards for multiplayer games (Halo, COD and many other releases), and those times were golden for a whole generation of gamers.

But then the XBOX One came along, and even then the situation could have been saved, there was a good launch lineup of games, and the reputation of the X360 that saved sales, but everything was destroyed by Phil Spencer, who killed the exclusive IPs and relied on subscriptions.

And the final blow was the forced crossplay with PC, it destroyed the MP community, which suffered from cheaters and was forced to leave the platform (and then MS cried that XBOX was in 3rd place, although they did everything to make it happen).

And after all this, there are people who wonder why XBOX is not loved? Many of its owners were simply disappointed and switched to PS4\PS5\NS or even PC.

Some have done it twice already, because they believed in the false promises before the launch of the Series.
They never got high quality games from MS internal studios. Gears was made by Epic, Mass Effect/Oblivion/Bioshock/GTA expansion were all timed exclusives, Halo was made by Bungie (that was already working to leave MS).

The only standard that Xbox set for multiplayer was the practice of charging for something that until then was free on all platforms (including being free on PC where the experience was superior). Xbox Live sucked and most game were P2P hosted anyway, a lot of the praise comes from biased people trying to justify paying for it.

It was never Xbox One that came along, it was Phil Spencer that came along and killed all the momentum they had by putting their internal studios like Rare and Lionhead to work on Kinect games as well as a lot of external partners.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The only standard that Xbox set for multiplayer was the practice of charging for something that until then was free on all platforms (including being free on PC where the experience was superior). Xbox Live sucked and most game were P2P hosted anyway, a lot of the praise comes from biased people trying to justify paying for it.
They also brought the idea of platform locked multi-player... Nobody used to make multi-player a walled garden before, at least not as a rule (this is probably a side effect of charging for multi-player in the first place... not a worry about quality).

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Tomorrow is doomsday!
Evil Laugh GIF

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer