Microsoft Xbox Thread

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
All that circus from the unions was played in front of the media. They were celebrating when the deal went through.

What's stopping them to update us on the progress with Activision? Journalists should be hounding them about it.

It was all forgotten the next day.
Likely still gathering signatures or scheduling a vote (or abandoned if they do not see a path forward.) Corporate shouldn't want to opine on unions, publicly, at all due to the legal risks.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The fear they do emitting 💀

Who cares about the fan's confidence? unless they are actually trying to sell the consoles themselves...

Seriously, that all makes no sense.

It's as if someone asked me why I bought a PS5 and I said something like: Well, Sony bought Bungie studio and it gives me confidence that they will ... whatever this is supposed to inspire in me.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Likely still gathering signatures or scheduling a vote (or abandoned if they do not see a path forward.) Corporate shouldn't want to opine on unions, publicly, at all due to the legal risks.
yeah I'm pretty sure the parent company isn't supposed to comment on the formation of unions because it might influence the outcome of a vote

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
yeah I'm pretty sure the parent company isn't supposed to comment on the formation of unions because it might influence the outcome of a vote
Personally I think that a company should be able to speak to its employees about this kind of thing. Obviously speaking does not include threatening or coercing (mind you, in that kind of stuff everything can be construed as coercion)... A union in and of itself is a form of bullying in many cases, they're just not honest in their tactics.

Either way, that can backfire in their face... I know that I don't like to be told what to do in that kind of situation.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What about the CWA? Now they have to keep quiet after all the public letters and photo ops to promote the acquisition lol

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Personally I think that a company should be able to speak to its employees about this kind of thing. Obviously speaking does not include threatening or coercing (mind you, in that kind of stuff everything can be construed as coercion)... A union in and of itself is a form of bullying in many cases, they're just not honest in their tactics.

Either way, that can backfire in their face... I know that I don't like to be told what to do in that kind of situation.
99% of the time companies speak to their employees about unions it's to bully them into not having one. The last time I worked for a large corporation the mandatory employee training included a half hour video about how unions are evil and you as a good employee don't need one because the company knows what's best for you.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

Companies do speak to workers, against the union, against the worker's best interest.

Management tells self-serving lies to the worker such as "we're all one big family" or "we have an open-door policy" to address problems. In reality the individual worker is powerless and likely to be shitcanned if they ask for too much in the work place.

The immediate value of a union to a worker is *collective bargaining*. Rather than the isolated mom asking her boss directly for (example) scheduling flexibility around childcare, the workers as a whole decide what demands they all agree to support.

It's hilarious to call this bullying. The employeer will close whole divisions and lay off workers by the thousands for no fault of their own. But we're not supposed to consider that bullying. The employer has higher dignity in the workplace, causing the workers to treat them with deference and fear. This is bullying baked into the daily life of most grown adults.

More important than collective bargaining is the seed of democratic power over the economy. The fight for the union, the fight for the contract, and the weapon of the strike all stiffen the spine of the worker and raise their own dignity. The union is the foundation of the democratic self-action of workers. It clarifies the class exploitation that takes place in every workplace and opens the possibility of ending it.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Who cares about the fan's confidence? unless they are actually trying to sell the consoles themselves...

It's as if someone asked me why I bought a PS5 and I said something like: Well, Sony bought Bungie studio and it gives me confidence that they will ... whatever this is supposed to inspire in me.
Well I do care at least for laughing purposes. 😬
All their confidence in distributing lies over Sony that Playstation will go bankrupt turned against them. How do you say, instant karma. I am just having fun over these MS shills seething xD

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What about the CWA? Now they have to keep quiet after all the public letters and photo ops to promote the acquisition lol

CWA = Capcom Wrestling Association

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Capcom_Wrestling_Association

Bing
Internet Explorer
Windows Phone
Zune
Mixer

Coming soon! XBOX
Don't forget Nokia, Kinect, Hololense and the power of the cloud.

All that talk recently about Sony exiting the console business was all projection by xbots, as always.
Why would Sony exit a market where they are market leaders and more profitable than ever?

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Another site at my company tried (and failed 20 percent to 80 percent in the vote) to form a union a few years ago and salaried employees weren't allowed to say, like, anything to us about it at all for fear of legal complications.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Don't forget Nokia, Kinect, Hololense and the power of the cloud.
I was trying to be somewhat nice ;) But yeah - they have screwed almost every attempt to buy their way to "market share" to date. Microsoft are not creators, they are imitators and opportunitsts. If they ever applied their money to consumer innovation they could be great - but they are financially run and organized, not product/consumer focused.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
All that talk recently about Sony exiting the console business was all projection by xbots, as always.
I've heard one take saying PlayStation is getting too big and because of this they're going the way of Sega. Lol. Like these dudes are nothing short of dense.

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
99% of the time companies speak to their employees about unions it's to bully them into not having one. The last time I worked for a large corporation the mandatory employee training included a half hour video about how unions are evil and you as a good employee don't need one because the company knows what's best for you.
Hey, they can say it. Most people who are unionized feel they are ripped of their money and there is no way out (where I live you can change union, but a unionized place cannot vote out a union).

Basically the issues are:
- People asked to break company material as a tactic during a strike
- People who work are not as well represented as those who don't hesitate to just let the others in the team do their work (complaining against a co-worket is seen as against "solidatiry" and it gets you in trouble)
- Don't work too fast or the goons will come in over time to destroy your work
- If you happen to be big they will try to recruit you as muscle
- If you get extra duties your employer may have to give you a bonus "under the table"
- These days unions seem to care more about bearded women cartoons than legit work conditions issues

I have this one friend who says his union is good, but he's not the kind of person who would be helped or bothered by one either way.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Hey Icon-Era members in this thread you can discuss everything around Xbox. Be it some news, Twitter posts or some impressions/opinions you have to share. It doesn’t matter if negative of positive, share your informations.

@TubzGaming We are close to Microsoft completing their Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, so I thought a thread dedicated to Xbox would be adequate. We know Xbox as topic won’t disappear even with ABK saga ending.
Maybe it’s not a bad idea to stick on the top?
haha this idiot xbotz dog trying to cultivate xbotz dogs shill mentality in this place 🤣. Listen you idiot, xbotz is a cancer to gaming world, and that's including you, so shut the fck up and go back to your filthy animal cage called resetera HAHAHA 🤣.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

TaySan

5 Sep 2022
Bought an Original Xbox modded with 2tb HDD
AomH9xC.png

Playing some Halo: CE right now. Feels like I'm going back in time to 2001 and I'm loving it. Underrated console

EightC

11 Jul 2022

That tweet is sad and why is it so hard to get for some people? MS are clearly aiming for a digital future I mean they can't be making it anymore clear. People acting outraged cause Phil said he wants game pass on Sony and Nintendo it's like no shit he said that because that's what they want. MS is first a software company if they can get their software on everything they will just like they want windows on every PC and pretty much all their first party software is subscription services now anyways with rumors the next Windows will be subscription as well.

The console is just a box at this point that you can buy if you want to have it for game pass, disc games, games that aren't on game pass and entertainment or if you have internet not capable of streaming comfortably but if you don't want that then you don't have to buy the box. If you want game pass there are plenty of options than just the console. I own the X and S however Game pass is listed on my TV, do I need the console not really I could play games through my TV on game pass if I wanted but I like the other BC stuff.

If Sony and Nintendo came out and said sure we will allow game pass on our console I would be thrilled, I wouldn't have to buy an Xbox console, I get to play all my games on Playstation and I could play MS first party games on my PS5 like who wouldn't want that. If you asked any Sony fan if they would play Halo, Forza or gears on PS I bet any money they would do it in a second. I mostly play on my PS5 and I certainly wouldn't complain if I could play MS first party on it as well. People get way too invested in this console war shit you have to wonder sometimes.