Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
PS fans in that thread are like cows in a slaughterhouse

vccv.jpg

25 Jul 2022
That's such a U-turn right there I almost got whiplash. Whatever new evidence MS put forward must have been so compelling the CMA have gone from divestiture as the option to yeah we're good no worries. :ROFLMAO:

Trying to calculate the feasibility for MS to foreclose is crazy when thinking about their war chest. They'll gladly eat loses for years if they have too.

Haven't read the document yet but it just opens up many question like what happens about subscription services? Sony say the current contract would make COD to PS+ day and date financially unfeasible. Making it a de facto subscription exclusive. Will MS be monitored to check they're offering a fair price and access for competitors? Have behavioural remedies been thrown out the window entirely? What about the CMA belief MS only shown their true intent post Zenimax merger? We good now with that too?

It's just too big a swing from previous arguments to get my head around lol.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
A few good off topic bans should get the PS ot back on track. Era is not pro MS, sure they dont get it right all the time but they aint pro MS by any stretch.

No, they're definitely pro-MS. I don't see how you can conclude otherwise. I'm not saying the majority of the userbase there is, FWIW; however the select choice members who are, are emboldened and supported in their rhetoric by the moderators and admin, and that therein permeates throughout the whole website.

Any particular PS topic always, eventually gets tinged into negativity, usually in relation to Xbox. Why are they still so obsessed with calling the PS5 "ugly" for example after almost three years? You've already expressed your thoughts on that back at launch; nothing's changed since so what's the point in obsessing on that especially if it's just a merry-go-round to clown on the system for any perceivable thing?

Really, how they handle the ABK thread for the acquisition tells a lot, then the other day when the weekly Japan sales came out posters immediately jumped on the theories of PS5 demand "drying up", scalpers, etc. despite all systems were down compared to the previous week (to my knowledge) and Xbox numbers in particular were just abysmal. But you can also pick up on some general anti-PS sentiment in various other threads on the gaming side, if you can stomach to read the drivel long enough.

If they aren't pro-MS, they're at the very least increasingly anti-PS but I guess that is what happens when you create a space that attracts certain persuasions of gamers, when admin and mod staff steer discussions a certain way themselves to form specific narratives, etc.

How soon do you guys think it will be before sony starts to announce their new acquisitions? Next week sometime? Monday? I guess a silver lining for them is that while this deal is still tangled up for at least another 3-4 months they have time to wheel and deal. At this point i wouldnt be surprised if budgets are out the window and they start to make some panic moves.

They might do something of an announcement for their planned big showcase that's supposed to come before E3 (as the rumors go). That would seem like a good time frame to make such announcements.

The saddest part of this all is that LuLu's and Bobby's deranged behavior has been rewarded. Rich people really never fail.

Especially when they're strongly affiliated in a deal with a $2 trillion conglomerate.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Chatter is that Microsoft tried to buy in Sega in 2022 by force. This was when they were cocky and saying there a not finished with buying publisher. Sammy Sega defended themselves and Japanese government blocked this hostile takeover attempt by Microsoft. Remember when Sarah Bind and Phil Spencer talked about they have a very big surprise to reveal? This was exactly in the time frame at Tokyo Games Show 2022. After that Sarah Bond and Phil Spencer looked very gloomy after TGS 2022 was over. Their hostile takeover attempt was blocked by the Japanese government.
Is there a source for this?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
No, they're definitely pro-MS. I don't see how you can conclude otherwise. I'm not saying the majority of the userbase there is, FWIW; however the select choice members who are, are emboldened and supported in their rhetoric by the moderators and admin, and that therein permeates throughout the whole website.

Any particular PS topic always, eventually gets tinged into negativity, usually in relation to Xbox. Why are they still so obsessed with calling the PS5 "ugly" for example after almost three years? You've already expressed your thoughts on that back at launch; nothing's changed since so what's the point in obsessing on that especially if it's just a merry-go-round to clown on the system for any perceivable thing?

Really, how they handle the ABK thread for the acquisition tells a lot, then the other day when the weekly Japan sales came out posters immediately jumped on the theories of PS5 demand "drying up", scalpers, etc. despite all systems were down compared to the previous week (to my knowledge) and Xbox numbers in particular were just abysmal. But you can also pick up on some general anti-PS sentiment in various other threads on the gaming side, if you can stomach to read the drivel long enough.

If they aren't pro-MS, they're at the very least increasingly anti-PS but I guess that is what happens when you create a space that attracts certain persuasions of gamers, when admin and mod staff steer discussions a certain way themselves to form specific narratives, etc.

They might do something of an announcement for their planned big showcase that's supposed to come before E3 (as the rumors go). That would seem like a good time frame to make such announcements.

Especially when they're strongly affiliated in a deal with a $2 trillion conglomerate.
If they are pro ms today it because most of the ps community is leaving or left. But when i was there ms community were pretty much boolickers.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Chatter is that Microsoft tried to buy in Sega in 2022 by force. This was when they were cocky and saying there a not finished with buying publisher. Sammy Sega defended themselves and Japanese government blocked this hostile takeover attempt by Microsoft. Remember when Sarah Bind and Phil Spencer talked about they have a very big surprise to reveal? This was exactly in the time frame at Tokyo Games Show 2022. After that Sarah Bond and Phil Spencer looked very gloomy after TGS 2022 was over. Their hostile takeover attempt was blocked by the Japanese government.
This reads like gamer made up bullshit. No source other than my asshole.

24 Jun 2022
The brief look I took in there was just gloating and talking about how they need to get Square and Capcom next so that Playstation can't have those games. It was always fanboyism and spite, not concern for the employees.

It also reveals their true colors: they don't really care about Xbox improving to get better, and do so to provide better competition; they just want PlayStation to die. They want a reality where only Nintendo and Xbox exist and PlayStation is non-existent. That's why all their ideas to "improve Xbox" conveniently involve taking something away from PlayStation and depriving them (and the fanbase) of content.

It's very spiteful, narcissistic, and hateful toxicity. But hey, Xbox leadership have helped enable this mentality. So they should own up to it.

If they are pro ms today it because most of the ps community is leaving or left. But when i was there ms community were pretty much boolickers.

I've tried keeping a pulse on them for the past year, since the Jim Ryan email stuff happened, and have observed a general shift that has led to the forum (again, maybe not most of the regular users, but the empowerment of specific users and certainly among the moderator and admin staff) being more pro-MS and anti-PS. And I say pro-MS in particular because I've seen it extend over to the Etc. stuff whenever tech news relating to Microsoft pops up, so it's not just limited to Xbox.

I think they will. something extremely dirty and sleazy had to have happened to make the cma do a 180 like that and i wouldnt put it past them to make d*ath threats. Sega seems to be the only pub playing ball with ms at all so i wouldnt be surprised if it were them.

Sega is really the only Japanese publisher that would likely sell to them, I agree with that. But if what @Eternal_Wings is saying is true, it would seem MS already tried a BS hostile takeover last year of Sega and the Japanese government told them to piss off. Guess MS didn't want to go through the regular channels for approval, which says a lot considering their history with Sega.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think a lot of the Playstation fans are going to get banned or chased off that website.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They have always been pro MS. It’s just more evident today. Ffs I was banned once for saying Bethesda acquisition didn’t make any difference for me because I don’t like their games.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
They have always been pro MS. It’s just more evident today. Ffs I was banned once for saying Bethesda acquisition didn’t make any difference for me because I don’t like their games.
Yes, i have been there and seen some bad bans, but i saying when i was there that site was no where near pro ms so safe to assume PS folks have bailed on the site over the years.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
One leading antitrust lawyer said: “This is a very unusual development. In CMA-era cases, there has only been one other occurrence of ‘updated’ provisional findings that I’m aware of.” “
This is extremely unusual,” said an ex-CMA lawyer. “Restating your provisional findings is something you would rather die than do.”

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Well, I guess the bright side in this is we wont have to worry about MS making any other massive purchases until this ABK integration is good.
Also, they probably need the heat off of them for a little bit.