Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
So by reading the last few pages looks like we all still hate MS because they are soulless pieces of shit!? 😂 So is the deal going through now or Not!?

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
So by reading the last few pages looks like we all still hate MS because they are soulless pieces of shit!? 😂 So is the deal going through now or Not!?
I think the industry would be in a better state if we though all companies are pieces of shit. Playing favorites and choosing sides will just make things worse for us consumers.

I am more worried about the message this deal with have - Google, Apple, Amazon, Tencent all of you are free to buy all you want.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Crazy how so many folks in the RE thread for this merger want regulators to help MS dislodge Sony just so MS can come in and charge a race to the bottom entry fee only they can afford thereby setting ms up to dominate by charging the lowest cost to entry that both Sony and Nintendo cant compete with. This is the competition the nuts on RE wants.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Crazy how so many folks in the RE thread for this merger want regulators to help MS dislodge Sony just so MS can come in and charge a race to the bottom entry fee only they can afford thereby setting ms up to dominate by charging the lowest cost to entry that both Sony and Nintendo cant compete with. This is the competition the nuts on RE wants.
This is how the conversation normally goes in that thread on RE:

REEEEE: Sony should be punished for using their market lead to secure exclusive 3rd party titles, timed exclusives and DLC to maintain their spot as the market leader. That dont allow competition and that why I support allowing Microsoft to buy up the whole industry so they can compete and I can play COD yearly by just buying 4 boxes of COD themed PopTarts because Microsoft is pro consumer.

The FTC should set up laws that dont allow Sony to ever be able to have Exclusive games and DLC every again and they should be fined if it ever happens again. I can see Sony getting arrogant and complacent again like they did in the ps2/ps3 days.

Somewhat reasonable rebuttal:

Let's not forget Tomb Raider, Dead Rising, Titanfall, etc... Sony did not invent the wheel here.

This is still different from acquiring a company. TR, Titanfall, Dead rising ended up being released, wayyyyy later on other platforms. FFVII remake will also be released, at some point.

Typical REEEE response:

friday-smokey.gif

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

REEEEE: Sony should be punished for using their market lead to secure exclusive 3rd party titles, timed exclusives and DLC to maintain their spot as the market leader. That dont allow competition and that why I support allowing Microsoft to buy up the whole industry so they can compete and I can play COD yearly by just buying 4 boxes of COD themed PopTarts because Microsoft is pro consumer.

The FTC should set up laws that dont allow Sony to ever be able to have Exclusive games and DLC every again and they should be fined if it ever happens again. I can see Sony getting arrogant and complacent again like they did in the ps2/ps3 days.

Typical REEEE response:

friday-smokey.gif
And the reasonable response is not quite accurate. Dead Rising 3 and the DLCs for Dead Rising 2 are forever exclusive to Xbox.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Typical REEEE response:

friday-smokey.gif

It sounds insane and really stupid but that is exactly what they are saying.... the words may be slightly different but the overall message / thought behind it is exactly as you wrote.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
We hate MS because they’re a terrible company that is unable to compete fairly win through power moves and driving competition out of market by cutting their supplies and products revenue. Try harder next time.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Typical REEEE response:

friday-smokey.gif
Was this person banned? They always are.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Typical REEEE response:

friday-smokey.gif
Their rhetoric is becoming more unhinged and deranged every passing day. It’s well beyond cult territory to parallel universe.

Here’s the thing,*Sony doesn’t actually have that many times third party exclusives*
Not that much more than Microsoft has to justify buying up publishers.

I’m not exaggerating I’m genuinely worried that some of these more militant Xbox fanboys will commit act of violence if this deal isn’t allowed to go through, they’re that unhinged and deranged. Phil Spencer said in his last interview he likes to see the reaction from the fans so he in a round about way encouraging this behavior.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Was this person banned? They always are.
Surprisingly that person is still here but not banned but the they typical responses to that looks like bullet points they got from the Xbox Ambassador's secret discord. We know those fans never have a original thought or rebuttal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty