Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Doubt it. But Xbots getting angry over this is amusing.

This is the kind of zero sum game I don't want. Consolidation will only lead to fewer choices for us, gamers, and fewer games available on the platforms we picked. That's all. I understand if Sony wants to counter Microsoft by acquiring a publisher or something, but I don't want that to happen.

Sony can't afford T2 LOL.
That's just ridiculous fearmongering.

I dont understand why anyone follows or pay attention to this guy. its bad enough we have to wade through misinformation being spread left and right on the green side all gen, now we have other clout chasers claiming to be an insider for PlayStation spreading misinformation.

I would be ok if we never have to discuss a tweet from this guy again. He is not doing any favors to anyone who goes to social media to find some truthful gaming information

Funny thing is that even T2 stock got a small price bump because of this yesterday. LOL

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Yes, th3y can. Majority of aquisitions re done im combo shares, long term debt and cash. They have low debt. Yearly profits over 10B. They have around 25B in cash, plus around 20B in liquid assets. (Before they showed 44B in cash reserves before changing accounting method).
Take2 wouldnt go over 30 with premium.

I dont think T2 s worth it if we re talking about 25,30B price. They re bleeding money even with gta, rdr.....somwtimes they post loses, sometimes profit but not that big. Bad release shedule with way too much employes and huge cost.
This can be only seen as defensive move so other dont scope them. Sell it to average Joe to keep him in ecosystem so he can play gta.

Think its way too risky for sony considering everything. Even if they do it, gta ll remain multiplat to collect money with extra stuff for ps users.

24 Jun 2022
Is it over yet?

shannon-sharpe-undisputed.gif

giphy.gif

nope_girl.gif

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Im noticing the new coordinated talking points are sonys third party marketing deals are illegal because they exclude gamepass therefore sony is abusing its status as the marrket leader. I guess thats what xbox cultists think will come out of the 2019 til now third party information that sony has to give up. Jeff grubb is literally whataboutisming a conversation with Mooch on twitter about microsoft third party deals. So these guys clearly have marching orders and talking points. The hostile tone and extreme pettiness makes me think its not all roses but who knows.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Im noticing the new coordinated talking points are sonys third oarty marketing deals are illegal because they exclude gamepass therefore sony is abusing its status as the marrket leader. I guess thats what xbox cultists think will come out of the 2019 til now third party information that sony has to give up.
That's been the talking point for a while now.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

This guy really is the most shameless of shills

The guy is truly unbearable, you can see he is more excited about his corporate overlords getting a perceived win than any game he has ever seen.

Plus he is a pretty senior person at IGN.... I mean what does that say about IGN?

Place has become truly terrible under people like him.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Im noticing the new coordinated talking points are sonys third party marketing deals are illegal because they exclude gamepass therefore sony is abusing its status as the marrket leader. I guess thats what xbox cultists think will come out of the 2019 til now third party information that sony has to give up. Jeff grubb is literally whataboutisming a conversation with Mooch on twitter about microsoft third party deals. So these guys clearly have marching orders and talking points. The hostile tone and extreme pettiness makes me think its not all roses but who knows.
lmfao... This simply makes no sense at all.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Affordability is not an issue. Sony can easily get it if they want to (pending approval, of course).

For reference, Take Two ($18 billion) acquired Zynga ($12.7 billion) just last year.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Real question what are they hoping to see?

Sony entered a marketing arrangement with Square for FFXVI and Konami for Silent Hill 2? We already know that