Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Thanks @Dodkrake for pulling this one out:
1678301309375.png

Summarises what we all suspected. Microsoft will offer CoD on untenable terms. And if CoD and many other formerly multiplatform titles are available for free on game pass, who cares if they offer everyone else parity for retail releases. Their goal is to erode market share by undercutting the competition and subsidising costs in a way no one else can, as a trillion dollar company.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
View attachment 747

Summarises what we all suspected. Microsoft will offer CoD on untenable terms. And if CoD and many other formerly multiplatform titles are available for free on game pass, who cares if they offer everyone else parity for retail releases. Their goal is to erode market share by undercutting the competition and subsidising costs in a way no one else can, as a trillion dollar company.
This is likely part of why Jim said the deal was inadequate in the only instance of him speaking to the media about this deal.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Uh oh
Edit: Let me see if I can find a way to see the whole article.

Seems like it's saying that the CMA and EC will have different conclusions on this deal.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
View attachment 747

Just like every1 here was saying. They dont want to compete. Just zse mobey to flush everything

OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One thing I immediately notice between this MS excerpts and the Sony ones you posted, is that Sony actually seem willing to source their own claims and data. They're citing actual instances to support their statements, and specific data alongside that.

That's one of the things that called my attention yeah.

MS thinks gaining forum and twitter users support is enough to make the deal pass.

I think they are sending a "Sony bad" letter because they know the deal will fail without structural remedies.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If you guys think cod is full microtransactions now. Just wait until is "free" with gamepass
100%

losing millions in sales on xbox will need to be made up somehow for putting on gamepass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

If you guys think cod is full microtransactions now. Just wait until is "free" with gamepass
The funny thing is, the most popular CoD is warzone, which is FtP anyway. So who wins by it going on gamepass? Nobody. Because then the FtP mode is no longer FtP.

As I said up-thread. Microsoft were a year behind Sony in offering free multiplayer on FtP and MMO titles. Sonys views was "If you have to pay a subscription to access the game, you don't need to pay us for multiplayer". IIRC this started with FF14. Microsoft dragged their heels as much as possible until the fans came after them, only then did they change their tune.

No way in heckers does CoD stay FtP and not end up on gamepass.

D

Deleted member 417

Edit: Let me see if I can find a way to see the whole article.

Seems like it's saying that the CMA and EC will have different conclusions on this deal.
If one says no, then the deal is dead, right?

If that's the case, there are only 2 real directions the regulators can go in; yes and no. If one says no, it's dead, therefore if they are going different directions one must be a no, no?

Of course, it could mean one wants structural and ones behavioural remedies but that still lands in "No" land, one would assume.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Uh oh
That headline doesnt read like a institution thats about to roll over from a pressure campaign. Conveient that idas cancelled his subscription there too!

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That headline doesnt read like a institution thats about to roll over from a pressure campaign. Conveient that idas cancelled his subscription there too!
Might have to wait a few days for it to be archived or find someone with a subscription.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If one says no, then the deal is dead, right?

If that's the case, there are only 2 real directions the regulators can go in; yes and no. If one says no, it's dead, therefore if they are going different directions one must be a no, no?

Of course, it could mean one wants structural and ones behavioural remedies but that still lands in "No" land, one would assume.
Yep, the EC's president also hinted in an interview that other regulators may not reach the same conclusion as them.

• Informative