Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
OT: This thread seems like it has an issue with different people posting the same source/information multiple times.
OT Reply: It is bound to happen with over 190 pages as some forget, others might skip to the end and then there are people re-posting to save time going back and looking.
Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

24 Jun 2022
I think this deserves its own thread and to be expanded upon and spread across all social media tbh.

FWIW I have told him exactly the kind of person he is on Twitter...dunno if I've been blocked yet, but these people deserve to be called out for trying to masquerade like they have no big stakes in this ($$$) but actually do.

It's not just Foss Patents either, but obviously others like Lulu Cheng Meservey, Micheal Pachter (the deal goes through, Wedbush Securities's shares in MS increase in value, Pachter probably gets a bonus or two) etc.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
From an outsider looking in, Microsoft’s strategy of being so public has yet to pay off where it matters. Microsoft is making this public because I guess they want to pressure regulators? But Microsoft isn’t that popular nor Xbox that popular of a brand that people are clamoring for them to get their way. It’s like the rich, unpopular kid addressing the classroom that he got bad grades to try and persuade the teacher to let him pass the class. Most of the students don’t care what happens and the teacher is being ridiculed when it’s the teachers approval you need to pass. It’s a genuinely bizarre strategy to me.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They attack and silence devs, journalists and anyone who questions Microsoft's motives. I wonder how long this guy will stay

Had no idea he was the same guy but I have been following him for a few months now as Reforge gaming and his takes are always very well reasoned, he brings the facts to back up his positions, he absolutely crushes anyone in the chat who comes with the Xbox approved talking points and I admire his hard work and integrity very much.

I think he presents everything really clearly and is super professional.

If he presented his side of the story and had the evidence, why should anyone mention the baseless accusations against him?

Everyone knows what it is motivated by, this is why I think so little of the Xbox crowd (mostly).... they spend every waking hour watching Destin, Hoeg Law and Colteastwood and digging up dirt on people to coordinate attacks across social media on people that have valid concerns, valid points and data to back it all up.

They use whatever method they can to silence the voices they don't like and it is all given the nod by MSFT.... they never speak out against what their fanbase does and it goes from idiots like Senjutsu Sage to Klorbrille and all the way to the top.... they are all guilty.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
So does everyone think it's a good approach for Sony to stay mostly quiet in terms of the media about this deal? For some reason they don't seem to have an issue letting MS control the conversation.
They probably expect to win in the European Court an the CMA both agencies will much likely to disapprove of Microsofts talking out so much as well as having a press briefing after talking there case

Reactions: Deleted member 417

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
So does everyone think it's a good approach for Sony to stay mostly quiet in terms of the media about this deal? For some reason they don't seem to have an issue letting MS control the conversation.

I do think it's a good approach. The conversation MS is controlling is occurring online with a small subset of fans, influencers, and media outlets. From my perspective, MS has continually undermined their own case with regulators with their public statements (particularly with Phil although it appears MS legal finally told him to stop talking) and theatrical approach to this. As a person not in their ecosystem, this all has made me far less likely to invest and I don't think I'm alone in this. It's just all so tasteless.

The other thing is a lot of what MS has said and done reveals a very low opinion of the intelligence of the general public, regulators, and even their own fans. Statements like they want to increase the number of people who play their games are so transparently false when they've already made multiple titles exclusive, for example. I'll take Sony's reticent and professional approach over that any day.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
They attack and silence devs, journalists and anyone who questions Microsoft's motives. I wonder how long this guy will stay

Buddy’s latest clip has almost half a million views which is alot more reach than Microsoft influencers go as far as I’m aware?

(This is the clip in referring to)

Over a years worth of this media circus just so some YouTuber can go viral and in one day intelligently argue against the deal to half a million people, most of who the audience that Microsoft is trying to reach with their stunts.

24 Jun 2022

Yep. Basically what @laynelane said. It shows class and respect; this stuff is ultimately being hashed out in courtrooms and offices, no need to radicalize fans in your community into pseudo-lawyers over it.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Buddy’s latest clip has almost half a million views which is alot more reach than Microsoft influencers go as far as I’m aware?

(This is the clip in referring to)

Over a years worth of this media circus just so some YouTuber can go viral and in one day intelligently argue against the deal to half a million people, most of who the audience that Microsoft is trying to reach with their stunts.

Colt is embarrassing himself in the replies

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Another Microsoft flavoured opinionhole that completely misreads the situation. 10 year cloud deals do not remove the console SLC, nor do they address the objections these regulators have: specifically, that MS would have free reign at the end of any short or mid term contractual period to start squeezing competitors out.

Assuming some bad news was given to MS behind closed doors given this most recent PR press.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Another Microsoft flavoured opinionhole that completely misreads the situation. 10 year cloud deals do not remove the console SLC, nor do they address the objections these regulators have: specifically, that MS would have free reign at the end of any short or mid term contractual period to start squeezing competitors out.

Assuming some bad news was given to MS behind closed doors given this most recent PR press.

Fake Puff opinion pieces paid for Microsoft is how this is going to be for the next month. If it were all sunshine and rainbows like xbot cultists would have you believe, none of this would be necessary. In my opinion, the more things like this pop up the worse its going for them behind the scenes.