Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm not posting that demented mongrel Foss' tweets here, but he noted the judge threw out the gamer lawsuit against Microsoft. Reee is screeching and throwing shade at the gamers (presumably because they hate actually playing games), but here's what the judge said:

"Why would Microsoft make Call of Duty exclusive to its platforms thus resulting in fewer games sold? What is it about the console market or PC games market and Microsoft’s position in those markets that makes it plausible ... Microsoft would take such steps."

Total buffoon. They slowly make Xbox the superior place to play ABK games and then foreclose when the cost of foreclosure is not as high.

And you have to wonder, if this is an impartial and highly educated judge, maybe some regulators can be convinced Microsoft's end game isn't to push competitors out of the market through attrition.
Maybe we shouldn't be so worried about what Reee and Foss have to say. Also, if the CMA were as easily convinced as this judge, I think MS lawyers would have leaked signs of their victory to the press like they have with the eu already.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Maybe we shouldn't be so worried about what Reee and Foss have to say. Also, if the CMA were as easily convinced as this judge, I think MS lawyers would have leaked signs of their victory to the press like they have with the eu already.

I'm not even sure if they have achieved a victory with the EU or if this is just more of their patented PR bs - perhaps using misinformation as a tactic to put pressure on other regulators or shape public opinion (note how Sony is specifically mentioned in this latest bit of news). They've been trying to pressure regulators with the general public too which is why we saw clueless stuff like the newspaper ads in the UK. For me, as long as there is no named source I take it with a grain of salt. We'll know the actual decision soon enough anyway.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What's the relationship between Reuters and Microsoft? A lot of positive articles are coming from there and the rumor about MS buying Netflix after Acti also came from Reuters.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What's the relationship between Reuters and Microsoft? A lot of positive articles are coming from there and the rumor about MS buying Netflix after Acti also came from Reuters.
With this kind of thing there's likely no direct link, but some journalists/reporters employed by Reuters may be acquainted with those working for the MS PR machine. To be clear I don't think there's any money changing hands or impropriety with Reuters' reporting, but their sources likely have their tongues firmly rooted in MS' asshole

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Document

New cma document from Microsoft
MS are still trying to get the CMA to accept the 10 year deal for SIE as being enough. They also appear to be offering to pay for a 3rd party to monitor the deal so that the CMA won't have to. Still trying to give up as little as possible to maintain all of the advantages this buyout would give them.

They also maintain that 10 years is supposedly enough time for Sony to make a COD alternative.

Also note that MS submitted this document 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
Document

Basically reads “We want to give something by giving nothing”.

If microsoft doesn’t buy Activision CoD will be multiplatform forever.. if Microsoft buys Activision it will be the opposite. Plus microsoft has refused to show those 10 year agreements to the FTC.. they really must think we were all born yesterday like their base/reee.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
MS are still trying to get the CMA to accept the 10 year deal for SIE as being enough. They also appear to be offering to pay for a 3rd party to monitor the deal so that the CMA won't have to. Still trying to give up as little as possible to maintain all of the advantages this buyout would give them.

They also maintain that 10 years is supposedly enough time for Sony to make a COD alternative.

Also note that MS submitted this document 3 weeks ago.
They also made some bizarre comment about how the final year of the remedy the game can be played for years after. Indicating a future if they do decide to remove it, people can still play the already released games.

Then follow up by saying they have no incentive to remove it.

How can any self respecting regulator believe this?

Last edited:

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Document

From the document
"As explained at the Remedies Hearing, Microsoft already successfully navigates these confidentiality issues today as a developer for PlayStation, notably in relation to the Minecraft franchise, as well as, post-acquisition of ZeniMax, Sony exclusives Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo."
It doesn't surprised me that MS is trying to get credit for a deal that they wasn't even involved with to try to look good in the eyes of the regulators

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
From the document

It doesn't surprised me that MS is trying to get credit for a deal that they wasn't even involved with to try to look good in the eyes of the regulators
Trying to make the argument that they can be trusted with behavioral remedies because they didn't cancel a contract that they weren't involved in is certainly...interesting.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
From the document

They basically gaslighting regulators.

They never gonna uphold the contract as fair use. They gonna set enormous price or just will break the contract.
They done this multiple times, breaking contracts, paying fines and move on. 500M or 1B, they don't care.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
fastforward-remote.gif