Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I do wonder what could have prompted Brad Sams to walk back some of his comments though.
The only new thing in the article is this bit.

As for these shores, he has always been “bullish on the United Kingdom as a great place to live, to learn, to build”, he told a conference of industry figures.

What twaddle. In backpedalling so quickly, it reinforces how unconvincing his outburst was in the first place.

He didn't directly backpeddle his comments, but i'm sure he knows how much continued attacks on the UK is gonna backfire.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So when is the real exciting news coming to shareholders voting if they extend or dismiss the deal? Deadline is end of June?
Until then there is nothing exciting. CMA will very likely not change their mind. So this CAT/MS and CMA trial is boring news.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The only new thing in the article is this bit.

He didn't directly backpeddle his comments, but i'm sure he knows how much continued attacks on the UK is gonna backfire.
I see. It looks like they're hoping to do really well at Monday's hearing in order to try and shift things back in their favor. Between their upcoming showcase and this deal MS really want this to be the year that everything starts to shift in their favor. Very unlikely that happens though.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So when is the real exciting news coming to shareholders voting if they extend or dismiss the deal? Deadline is end of June?
Until then there is nothing exciting. CMA will very likely not change their mind. So this CAT/MS and CMA trial is boring news.
Current deadline is July 18th. MS seem really keen on trying to make things go in their favor before then, which seems to imply that they're not confident about getting another extension past that date otherwise.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So it looks like the CMA has decided to get in on the tabloid game? The drones at Reee are besides themselves weeping and gnashing of teeth type antics.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I see. It looks like they're hoping to do really well at Monday's hearing in order to try and shift things back in their favor.
Yeah possibly. Only problem is what his done is out there now and i can't see him fooling people in the appeal process.

CMA no doubt are aware of microsofts behaviour, considering CMA responded to the times article about them being closed for business, they are keeping awareness of all the MS led FUD being thrown at them.

Even worse is the CAT judge may be aware of it. If he isn't CMA may end up bringing it up in the case management hearing or trial to expose microsofts contempt for regulators.

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023
The best way to summerise this:

MS: "If you don't approve of the acquisition, we will make your country suffer by dropping out of UK. We will not be denied!"

CMA: "Do it, you pussy"

MS: "Guys...it was just a prank, I am sorry. Please 🥺🥺🥺"

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Era really thinks the CAT will throw the cloud’s SLC away. Even if it happens, the CMA will still block the deal on other grounds or reach the same conclusion. 😂

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Era really thinks the CAT will throw the cloud’s SLC away. Even if it happens, the CMA will still block the deal on other grounds or reach the same conclusion. 😂
That seems very unlikely. Even regulators like the EU that approved the deal think the cloud is a separate market worth being concerned with. Apparently someone on Gaf who listened to the last hearing said the judge appeared dismissive of Microsoft's claims about the cloud market not being distinct in his comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It comes from there misreading of what the judge actually wanted. He wanted a definition of cloud gaming and wasn't coming to a conclusion.

No doubt the judge will be catching up on the details in the next few weeks.

But the fact that he has no understanding right now and we are only a few weeks away from the actual trial, seriously tells me that he will be very reluctant to go against the CMA definition. I mean CMA have been investigating this case close to a year and quite in depth, judge has much less time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star