Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Phil Spencer supposedly said behind closed doors after their showcase that they remain committed to finding solutions with regulators for the ABK deal.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's still wild to me that anyone, even on resetera, would be such a cheerleader for this deal that they're more excited to see Microsoft's lawyers than their actual games, lmao.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Those are some pathetic numbers to flex. Imagine revenue not being doubled after more than 15 years buying Bethesda, Minecraft/Mojang and so many other studios, with the popularity of microtransactions, F2P games, Gamepass, digital distribution, inflation, games being published on PC, etc.
Imagine only reporting revenue to disguise the fact that you aren't profitable, for years on end.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
“We welcome the opportunity to present our case in federal court,” Microsoft President Brad Smith said. “We believe accelerating the legal process in the U.S will ultimately bring more choice and competition to the market.”

Sure, buddy.

Reactions: laynelane

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Once again everything reeks of ABK probably getting nervous on renegotiating.

My guess is MS wants the injunction to fail and that gives the ABK shareholders some confidence to renegotiate, and also ammo to fight against the CMA. Could be a huge backfire if the injunction is granted.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Did anyone watch the CAT livestream today? I imagine they're probably finished for the day.
I could be wrong but from what ive gathered from the era thread the Court date is pushed back to August so evidence can be compiled about impact on the markets. I think the CMA originally wanted August anyways. Either way,no tricks were pulled out of a hat to move the hearing before July 18th. Thats my understanding. I feel like if the CAT hearing went better for MS the xbox guys would be gloating about that but as of right now i dont think much is actually known.